• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Pleasure Island to close down

I have no figures on the height, just was thinking it is even lower land than Oblivion. Yes it isn't enough throughput but its a flat and Towers need enough of them

But what's the point in having a flat that you can't hardly go on because the through put is that dire? I don't agree with Boosters at proper parks purely for the capacity, Blackpool was testament to that and they had two!

And at 140ft tall it is considerably taller than Oblivion, and louder.

Hyper Blaster would be good for XSector though, and Pendulous for the Forbidden Valley.

I'd rather see new flat rides at Towers rather than second hand ones tbh.
Sad to see what was probably my first ever theme park close. :(

Last edited:
Hyper Blaster is too small and doesn't have much oomph and Pendulus was decidedly ropey feeling on Saturday without much force. Why Hydromax? Because I love them. They need to make one with 8 or even 16 seats per end but that'd require some crazy motors

I for one have never heard anyone say that Hyper Blaster "doesn't have much oomph". It's widely regarded as the best S&S to see ride in the country.

The ride experience is far far superior to that of the three 200ft models we have.

I have no idea then, just it felt weak. Maybe I prefer being dropped or it was limping along half broken and they were coaxing a few more hours out of it. Or Towers don't register that much anymore because there are several more powerful spinning rides that make more force, blunting Hyper Blaster for me as it didn't feel forceful.

Average news or bad news?

Pendulous is staying in the UK, going to Flambards of all places.

BUT, confirmed by Melanie Wood, it's the only big ride staying in the UK. Everything else has been sold abroad.

Just what is going on with the UK industry? Why is it when we lose a park, none of the parks take advantage of it? Why isn't Pleasurewood Hills, Lightwater Valley, Drayton Manor, Fantasy Island, or any of the small seaside parks taking getting hold of their kit?

Lightwater Valley buying the flats from Loudoun Castle is the only time I can think of a park truly taking advantage. And even then, the decent stuff from Loudoun either went abroad or is still sitting up their for sale (Twist n Shout). Oh and PWH bought the Missile.

In the last 17 years we have lost some fairly big parks (in their day), Frontierland, Loudoun Castle, Pleasure Island, American Adventure, Camelot and Pleasureland.

And it must be like 90% of all the major rides went abroad.

I van understand Merlin being at fault for the closures, but they can't be blamed for the parks not wanting to get hold of a bargain XD

Pendulus is going to Flambards? Wow. Not something I expected, really! I'm not even sure where they'll fit it in the park as it is at the moment!

I van understand Merlin being at fault for the closures, but they can't be blamed for the parks not wanting to get hold of a bargain XD
They have lowered the public's opinion of theme parks so far that they don't even bother going to them any more, thus causing the smaller parks to close, or not have enough money to buy even cut price second hand rides.

Well if these rides are knackered, why would a small park invest money in buying the ride and then paying loads to maintain it when they could buy new rides and save maintenance costs.

What's make you say they're knackered? Terror rack was the only thing that is in need of scrapping, the rest of the stuff was fine! Pendulous, Hydro Max and Hyper Blaster are all good solid park rides.