• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Plopsaland De Panne General Discussion

K3 Rollerskater has no train, no idea how they're broken a Vekoma Junior that much.
I'm sure this has been the case on more of my visits than not! I guess it's just easier for them to remove the train from the circuit when they need to do certain work.

Just returned from a visit to Plopsaland and having read on here previously about extended queue times, poor ride capacity, I arrived there on Saturday morning of the Bank Holiday weekend with some trepidation.

Luckily for me, the rides all opened at 10am and the majority of other visitors were family orientated and not interested in riding coasters (apart from K3)

RTH was pretty much walk on for most of the day with re-rides being allowed if there wasn’t anyone in the queue or there were empty seats on the train.

On both RTH and Anubis they annoyingly had a no glasses policy, even with a strap. I did ask the ride-op on Anubis why this was, only to be told that the lenses may explode!

Also, after seeing a few vloggers film on-ride, I was hoping to use my wrist mounted Go-Pro on RTH only to be told nope. Guess having a successful YouTube channel helps open those doors.

I really enjoyed RTH and was surprised at how re-ridable it was. The restraints were interesting in that they actively tighten to pin you in before locking on dispatch, which could prove to be a bit too tight if you breathed in at the wrong time.

Heidi did have a smaller queue all day. Interestingly the ride was e-stopped on the dispatch before we were due to get on when the train was sent out of the station with someone’s lapbar still fully up and the rider frantically waving at the ride-op.

After visiting Parc Asterix the previous couple of days, it was noticeable how they try to operate rides on the minimum number of staff. RTH with two, and De Draak was painfully slow with just the one member of staff.

Overall though had a great day and found the journey/travel over in France/Belgium to be as easy as many described on here in previous posts.

Is anyone aware of any offers for entry at the minute or is it just the online price?
Additionally, do they operate a system similar to a RAP at all and if so then what are the criteria?
Thanks in advance.

Is anyone aware of any offers for entry at the minute or is it just the online price?
Additionally, do they operate a system similar to a RAP at all and if so then what are the criteria?
Thanks in advance.
Tipper.nl are currently doing tickets for Plopsaland de Panne for a price of €36.38, so a saving of just over €12.

As for RAP, it's not really a thing over in most European theme parks like it is at Merlin parks in the UK. Their website has some info on it about if you use a wheelchair but I think that's it. There certainly are not any separate queue lines, most rides just have an entrance and an exit.

Operations at Plopsaland, and Holiday Park (same owners) have always been pretty poor from my experience.

Late openings if rides is standard and I don’t even think it’s all intentional staggered openings. Apart from SuperSpalsh and the star flyer, I believe that most rides are scheduled to open with the park, yet their engineers seem incapable of getting most of the coasters open on time.

I assume that this is due to insufficient numbers of engineers to do the checks and the park penny pinching. It’s been like this for many years sadly.

Visited Plopsa last week. The park was very quiet with no real queues for anything all day, plus 10.30pm ride close.

Managed to do the new indoor rides in Bumba Circus, certainly not aimed at me but it’s a nice little indoor area, with a couple of flat rides, shop, restaurant, play area, show and a new dark ride.

It’s great to see plopsa with a dark ride, as there isn’t a lot at the park. It was actually a cute little dark ride, with some nice effects and a good mixture of physical props and projectors.
IMG_9281.jpegIMG_9282.jpeg

I find it funny how attitudes to health and safety vary so much by country. There was nothing to stop you from stepping off the platform at the front or rear of the Ride to Happiness station when boarding, which as you can see is not an insignificant distance 😂

16915114206870.jpg

I find it funny how attitudes to health and safety vary so much by country. There was nothing to stop you from stepping off the platform at the front or rear of the Ride to Happiness station when boarding, which as you can see is not an insignificant distance 😂

16915114206870.jpg
Something I noticed and commented on too. Especially how close the train is to the ends of the platform on either side. And me not being particularly observant either 😂

I remember at the time thinking that it seemed unusual not to have a swinging gate barrier at the front of station.

Can anyone remember whether Helix at Liseberg has one as that features a similar drop out of the station?

Hi, I'm looking for some money saving tips for Plopsaland, as four of us (2 adults 2 teenagers) are visiting next Wednesday (late night opening).

Entrance fee is 48.50 euro, is that the walk up price? I ask because we have Europa Park annual passes so 40% off I believe? Which would bring it down to 29.10 euro (guessing that can't be beaten by the likes of Groupon/Tripper).

We will take our own food and drink, so the only other pain is parking, says 15 euro on the website. Has anyone used the station park and ride opposite? Only costs 9 euro so wondering if there is a catch, apart from the extra 100 metre walk!

Thanks, Dave

You won't get less than the price you have quoted..

Certainly attempting to do it on the cheap, here although food is a ripoff in the park, so I don't blame you taking your own. Beer is a good price, though (€4.99/50cl).

No idea on parking, sorry.

The Plopsa parks are notoriously expensive once inside. At Holiday Park, my partner got charged 5 euros for a bag of crisps. At Plopsaland I was charged 13 euros for a small plate of pasta.

The Plopsaland hotel looks lovely but if the prices of food in the park represent what you get charged at the hotel, then this sadly puts me off staying there.

It's official! After reading this forum and researching for months, I finally visited Plopsaland with my GF on Saturday. Gorgeous weather and a ride count of 17 (not too shabby!) We were on the first dispatch of the day on Heidi at 10:05 and RTH was a walk on (a gift from god)- two insane back row rides and one front row. It is certainly a new number one! We had a single rider behind us too so the spinning was truly biblical. Thanks everyone for the travel tips! Longest we waited all day was around 30 mins for Dino Splash (was 30 degrees) - they were sending boats out half empty and operations seemed pretty sleepy. Plus side to that though was every couple / small group got their own boat so no complaints. I was honestly shocked how smooth Anubis rode too - I went in with Saw The Ride expectations but was pleasantly surprised. Plop's Wood was also goofy and ridiculously charming!

Attachments

• tempImageAt6isp.png
    tempImageAt6isp.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 58
  • tempImage23PfO0.png
    tempImage23PfO0.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 59
Has anyone done a day trip to Plopsaland from England? We live about 90 min drive from Folkestone and Google claims the entire trip will take around 3hr 15 but not sure how accommodating of train wait times that is.

Time difference isn't favourable either as even a 7am departure isn't going to get you into the park till around 12pm in a best case scenario but then they do stay open late. Anyway just wondered if anyone had done this, thanks!