• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura: General Discussion

For anyone who doesn’t know and want’s to beat the queue’s, it’d be worth booking into hotel Gold River if u can. Even if it’s just for one night as the hotel entrance couldn’t be closer to the new ride if u tried. U will beat all the day guests and be first on. They open the hotel entrance about 9:40 ish so get there for 9:35 and u will be on the first train of the day 👍

We guna miss it by 9 days but sadly we are constrained by kids school holidays.

Hopefully it will mean the park will be a bit quieter for us with some putting off visits by another week or so.

For anyone who doesn’t know and want’s to beat the queue’s, it’d be worth booking into hotel Gold River if u can. Even if it’s just for one night as the hotel entrance couldn’t be closer to the new ride if u tried. U will beat all the day guests and be first on. They open the hotel entrance about 9:40 ish so get there for 9:35 and u will be on the first train of the day 👍

Might be a daft question but can guests from other Portaventura resort hotels use that entrance too? I’m staying at hotel caribe which looks a distance from the park. Outside of unlimited park entry I’m struggling to see any perks to staying on site.

Might be a daft question but can guests from other Portaventura resort hotels use that entrance too? I’m staying at hotel caribe which looks a distance from the park. Outside of unlimited park entry I’m struggling to see any perks to staying on site.
I believe you need a Gold River room key to pass the roadside security barrier and therefore their entrance to the park

Im not 100% but I think u would be able to yes. There is no physical barrier stopping you getting to the Gold River entrance on foot but, since I stayed there, im unsure if a different hotel key would work at the Gold River entrance itself. I would be fairly confident it will do as I often left the park and re-entered by a different entrance but can’t say for definite.
When u get into the Gold River lobby, head right and out the doors, then turn right again and walk up to the end, then u will see the sign for the park, up and over the bridge.

Will be interesting to see how this new coaster pans out. I'm convinced we will see a similar ride type for Horizon.

I keep going back and forward with this. Some days I'm convinced it will be too and then I just think how can they given 13 is nearby as poster above said.

However I'm very excited about having not only an indoor coaster but hopefully a story telling one too. They are such great rides if done well.

Personally I'd prefer an Arthur style ride. A family thrill with great effects and theming. I think it would be fantastic at Towers. It wouldn't be groundbreaking though which JW certainly hinted towards so who knows.

Sorry I know going off topic but with the options Intamin have for this coaster model if can be very different to Thirteen. They offer straddle seated trains or the 4 across style like on port aventura new model, they also offer controlled spinning trains as well. Plus multiple different trick elements, launches, reverse spikes etc, tIlt track, side sliding element. Coupled with being fully indoors and likely effects not sure the public would think it’s the same as thirteen. However alton could be going with a completely different coaster so who knows what’s planned!

They may technically be the same ride model, but this is really quite different to Thirteen. It's ride vehicles are 4x4 cars for a start, rather than a train.

If there was one ride missing in my mind I’ve always wanted to see at towers it’s something equivalent to the Mummy, I really hope this was a multi buy!

In a complete dream world this turns out to be a Last of Us tie in!

Hope to get over to see this this year