• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura: General Discussion

With it being indoors it’s hard to say, but im on park today and there looks to still be a fair bit to do on the outside.

They don't seem to be in a rush. Think chances of me riding it on 7/8 June are slim to none.

They don't seem to be in a rush. Think chances of me riding it on 7/8 June are slim to none.

24th June is date being bandied around but I think thats purely speculation. I messaged Portaventura directly and they just stated it was to open sometime in June. Bit odd them launching a first rider competition when they don't yet have an opening date for the coaster.

24th June is date being bandied around but I think thats purely speculation. I messaged Portaventura directly and they just stated it was to open sometime in June. Bit odd them launching a first rider competition when they don't yet have an opening date for the coaster.

End of June looking likely given the area isn't finished. Shame as i'd have liked to have given it a go.

Basically as valuable as speculation when not officially confirmed, however, I was told 'by a reliable source' 🙄😴 last week of June was the marker. We shall see! Either way, I have a very excited 10 Year old who basically exists on the fumes of anything Uncharted 😂

Basically as valuable as speculation when not officially confirmed, however, I was told 'by a reliable source' 🙄😴 last week of June was the marker. We shall see! Either way, I have a very excited 10 Year old who basically exists on the fumes of anything Uncharted 😂

I have a 9 year old lad who is the same. He's going to be gutted when he finds out it's not going to be open most likely.

I have a 9 year old lad who is the same. He's going to be gutted when he finds out it's not going to be open most likely.
Oh no 😢 I'm gutted for you both!

Not quite travelling to another country but we once travelled 6hrs to London for the Pop-up Pokémon center at Westfield (I can't drive & live on an island so always an epic journey of planes trains and automobiles to get anywhere 😂) only for them to close the queue due to completely selling out super early in the day.

Hope you still have an awesome time at PA!

Sometimes things look ages away from being finished and they pop up in no time. Looking at it today it does look like there’s a tonne of work still to do, but if the inside is done then u never know. Fingers crossed for you.

A bit late to this but another food recommendation ..

For a cheap snack away from the fast food options, there's a stand near Stampida which does a nice ham and cheese toastie for about €3.50🤌

From: https://twitter.com/PortAventura_UK/status/1656603630483668992?t=aLiEWtRjKbaon2nd3XoRFg&s=19

Testing is underway, bit odd having entered the competition to ride it I'm not getting the emails.
Is that Hector Salamanca on the left of that thumbnail ?

breaking bad ding GIF

Well it’s my last day at PortAventura.
It’s a wonderful park in terms of overall quality, immersion and theming.
Furius Baco and Stampida are unbearable near the back.
Dragon Khan I was most excited for as a Wardley legend, while intense and well paced, it’s clearly showing it’s age now.
Shambhala, was incredible. The only B&M hyper I’ve experienced so far, how does it compare to others?
Red Force was also fantastic and forceful for an LSM.
Fast Pass is essential and very well priced compared to Merlin fast tracks.
Queue jumping is endemic at this park and there are lots of ignorant kids running around the queues. I thought we’d picked a quiet time to come, but note sure when would be best for here?

Well it’s my last day at PortAventura.
It’s a wonderful park in terms of overall quality, immersion and theming.
Furius Baco and Stampida are unbearable near the back.
Dragon Khan I was most excited for as a Wardley legend, while intense and well paced, it’s clearly showing it’s age now.
Shambhala, was incredible. The only B&M hyper I’ve experienced so far, how does it compare to others?
Red Force was also fantastic and forceful for an LSM.
Fast Pass is essential and very well priced compared to Merlin fast tracks.
Queue jumping is endemic at this park and there are lots of ignorant kids running around the queues. I thought we’d picked a quiet time to come, but note sure when would be best for here?
Im here this week too. Agree with most of your points.
Baco is utterly unbearable no matter where u sit for me. Needs putting in the bin.
I love Stampida and only find it really rough on the first double down. Rest of it just normal for an aging woodie. The first drop is absolutely awesome on it I think,
Dragon Khan deffo a front row ride for view but also much smoother than the back.
Shambhala is phenomenal I agree. I have done Mako at seaworld and it doesn’t even compare. Shammy B is my number 2 it’s that good. Mako is like 35.
Red Force is insane, loved it but yeah there is a big rattle at the back. Still a great thrill though. Did it 20 times in 6 hours as it was walk on all day. 🤣
Queue jumping is absolutely awful. People/the staff just don’t say anything either. It’s almost like it’s just accepted over here but there we go. I draw the line at being almost drop kicked out the way tho as they hurtle the barriers but they honestly couldn’t give 2 damn’s when u shout at them. Also noticed spitting is an accepted culture too. Absolutely vile. I got a big dollop of spit on my knee on Dragon Khan as some ‘bleep’ had spat from Shammy B on the lift hill. Disgusting but was just grateful it wasn’t 1/2 a second later as it’d of been my face.
Lovely park, horrible people that visit it unfortunately.

Only other B&M Hyper I've done is Silver Star. Shambhala is a million times better. Meanwhile Intamin have done as good as Shambhala with Hyperion.
Doing Silver Star and Hyperion later this year. Heard bad things about the former, and amazing things about the latter.

Doing Silver Star and Hyperion later this year. Heard bad things about the former, and amazing things about the latter.
Shambhala is a butter smooth airtime machine. Hyperion is just a speed machine, very little airtime - plus it's very rattly and vibrates a lot at speed in a way that B&M's just don't.

Yeah, Hyperion is more insane and a bit more violent, a contrast to Shambhala. Also tried harder to eject me from the train on the first drop.

Technically the best hyper I've done is Zadra being a smidge over 200ft, but that's a very different (and much much better) beast

I thought we’d picked a quiet time to come, but note sure when would be best for here?
We went in late September in the days immediately before the Halloween event. We felt very lucky as the park was very quiet and we also got to see the Halloween decorations. It did close very early though (6pm I think) so swings and roundabouts.

Shambhala is a butter smooth airtime machine. Hyperion is just a speed machine, very little airtime - plus it's very rattly and vibrates a lot at speed in a way that B&M's just don't.

Hyperion isn’t what you’d call an airtime machine but it definitely has a fantastic moment though with that big airtime hill after the first drop where it feels like it wants to launch you halfway over to Western Camp.