• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura: General Discussion

I am just thrilled that they are including the Beach Club and Golf as part of the resort again. I assume the Beach Club will be an extra cost unlike previously, but it was a fantastic facility that made the resort much more viable as a complete holiday destination.

I am just thrilled that they are including the Beach Club and Golf as part of the resort again. I assume the Beach Club will be an extra cost unlike previously, but it was a fantastic facility that made the resort much more viable as a complete holiday destination.

It was removed the other year during the change over between who owned PortAventura, but now once again its owned by the Resort. Apparently the name changed from 'PortAventura Golf & Beach Club' to 'Lumine Mediterrania Beach & Golf Community' so it appealed more to guests who weren't visiting the Parks or staying in the Resort Hotels. Both Beach Club and Golf are pay extra now, although you get discounts if you're staying in the Resort Hotels and there is a free shuttle to Lumine from Hotel PortAventura.

Ferrari Land 2016

According to PortAventura&Friends, today construction began on PortAventura's 3rd Park 'Ferrari Land' and 6th Resort Hotel 'Hotel Ferrari' set to open in Spring 2016.

2ferrari_land_1_584x318.jpg
2ferrari_land_2_584x318.jpg

Portaventura will be the world's second biggest resort by number of parks.

Seriously? Are there no other Resorts with 3 Parks? Surely it must be becoming one of the biggest in Europe as well now it has Lumine Mediterrania Beach & Golf Community?

Last edited:

Universal Orlando also has three parks (Wet 'n Wild Orlando is owned by them and now marketed as part of the resort).

Also it's quality, not quantity that matters. ;)

Not to my knowledge.

Mind you... Ferrari Land is barely a park of its own accord. It doesn't have enough.

Will be while before we see any resorts with two parks get another, Disneyland in California is most likly to get a third park but would think would be another 10 years before it sees the light of day.

Some resorts with 1 park (CP, EP etc.) have more rides/attractions than most of these multi park resorts anyway.

Multiple parks is in effect just a way at getting the ticket price bumped up.

But does it count if its not in the Resort?
Does it matter?

Alton Towers could name every area a separate theme park and call themselves the world's first nine-park resort, it's pretty meaningless. Let's be honest - this new Fast Car Land should really be a major expansion of the existing theme park, but bizarrely they've chosen to spin it off into a new but tiny park. Odd and risky move.

Does it matter?

Alton Towers could name every area a separate theme park and call themselves the world's first nine-park resort, it's pretty meaningless. Let's be honest - this new Fast Car Land should really be a major expansion of the existing theme park, but bizarrely they've chosen to spin it off into a new but tiny park. Odd and risky move.

It would only be a nine-park resort if you had to pay separately for each land as you know. Ferrari Land doesn't share the same theme as PortAventura Park, so why would it be built in the existing Parks? It's a separate Park with a separate theme, whats so strange about that?

I guess you can have multiple themes within one park.

My main concern is that Ferrari Land is being billed as a new park, which ostensibly it is, but it will have less than 5 rides - of which one is almost identical to a ride in the main park (tower).

This may confuse guests.

It would have been much better if had been an expansion of the existing park and would have loosly fitted with Farrari land based in an italian themed area. Plus if it had been an expansion would have accessed from the Mediterranean area so could have blended into the the main park.

I'm hoping Ferrari Land will be like Walt Disney Studios Park at Disneyland Paris, and will gradually grow. Although I am glad PortAventura is recieving a 3rd Park, I wish they would have picked a different theme.

In relation to Sam's comment, there isn't anywhere near Mediterrania for Ferrari Land to be joined on to PortAventura Park. Hotel PortAventura runs adjacent to Mediterrania and then Furius Baco backs up to the Railroad and Polynesia.

It would only be a nine-park resort if you had to pay separately for each land as you know. Ferrari Land doesn't share the same theme as PortAventura Park, so why would it be built in the existing Parks? It's a separate Park with a separate theme, whats so strange about that?

Yeah, so it doesn't work. As a standalone park it's far too small but as an addition to the main park it clashes with the theme horribly. It simply isn't a good idea for PortAventura (and yes, if it was being built at EP or Phantasia I'd say it doesn't fit there either). You said something very similar when the plans were announced, but you seem to have deleted/edited the post.

Yeah, so it doesn't work. As a standalone park it's far too small but as an addition to the main park it clashes with the theme horribly. It simply isn't a good idea for PortAventura (and yes, if it was being built at EP or Phantasia I'd say it doesn't fit there either). You said something very similar when the plans were announced, but you seem to have deleted/edited the post.

I've said from the start it wouldn't be my first choice of theme, if it was part of PortAventura Park I wouldn't be happy, as a third park I can live with it. It is a very small Park, and I'd hope the ticket prices reflect that. But as I'm sure with many other parks, it will grow. Luckily its opening with major attractions to kick it off, unfortunately, those attractions are also next door in one way or another.

In terms of the third park at a resort debate, Universal are building a waterpark in Orlando so that will be a resort with three parks. So even if you don't want to count Wet 'n Wild right now, that will be a waterpark that is definitely park of the resort.
I'm hoping Ferrari Land will be like Walt Disney Studios Park at Disneyland Paris, and will gradually grow.

I'm pretty sure they won't be hoping it is like WDS. That is an example of how not to do a theme park! Poor layout, little atmosphere and generally not up to the standard it should be.

:)

In terms of the third park at a resort debate, Universal are building a waterpark in Orlando so that will be a resort with three parks. So even if you don't want to count Wet 'n Wild right now, that will be a waterpark that is definitely park of the resort.

I'm pretty sure they won't be hoping it is like WDS. That is an example of how not to do a theme park! Poor layout, little atmosphere and generally not up to the standard it should be.

:)

I meant in terms of expansion as opposed to the Park itself. :)

I have no idea how long the deal is for but I imagine i will be fairly long term in order for such an investment to be made.

Persoanlly I have no issue with it sitting as a seperate park within the resort. I agree with Siralgenon that if it was added to the exisisting park it would be horrible. In the same way that I don't think SesamoAventura really fits, this would just clash too much with PortAventura's theming which I consider to be top notch. I understand why the park added Sasamo. IPs are big crowd pullers and the park was lacking in things to do for younger children pre-2011 but Ferari being part of the main park would add nothing to it and would actually cheapen it. Having it seperate makes perfect sense.

As a resort, PortAventura is now huge and I am pleased to see the Beach Club returning. If further hotels are to be built, which is inevitable really I'd like them to be smaller and to be built all around the park and to be representative of the area which they are next to. PA do a fabulous job when it comes to theming and an Asian hotel behind Shambhala would be spectacular. I'd like to see an access path built all around the park to link the hotels. At the moment the only way to get from Hotel PA to Gold River after park hours is to ask the bell boys to drive you in the hotel car via the servicee road (which they've always been more than happy to do for me to be fair to them) but this doesn't give a resort feel. It just feels like hotels and parks scaterred around.

I see a good future for PortAventura, one which I look forward to. I do think it's a shame that certain members of this forum are so negative about PortAventura, I understand alot of peoples' concerns but the place surely isn't that bad overall? It's a more complete all round resort package than Phantasialand, Efteling, Parc Asterix, Gardaland or, dare I say it, Europa Park in my opinion and as a single park it's probably my favourite in Europe.