• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura: General Discussion

Why take your own record? Only park I can think that have done this before is Cedar Point, with TTD snatching Millennium Farce's 'tallest' (full-circuit) record.

Hopefully the coaster will be more than just a bigger Stealth. Otherwise, very little about this project excites me. I don't give a toss about expensive cars, and the new park is totally out of keeping with the theme and the general vibe of the existing park.

It's still odd.

I'm not disputing that it'll be a good ride - i have done KK and TTD - but parks should be looking at unique experiences not just more of the same.

Not to mention another drop tower!?

I still do not get it.

It'd be like AT getting a 15 - loop coaster...

It is odd, I'm not doubting that. Shambhala took the record from Furius Baco for Europe's fastest rollercoaster and now Formula might be taking the record for tallest rollercoaster from Shambhala. Saying that, it might not be as tall as Shambhala as it says 'tallest accelerator', not tallest rollercoaster in Europe.

It is very odd from a theme park point of view. It is a poor choice of new coaster for PA. However with it being a Ferrari Land then a launch coaster was probably seen as a must, and a fast one at that. Easiest way to do a very fast launch coaster? Do a nice simple top hat Ka/TTD/Stealth etc variation.

It would be nice if they could have added a decent layout after the top hat with hills, twists and inversions (i.e. cut some of the very high speed and have a Blitz-ish second half). But alas that is not happening.

:)

20th Anniversary update

For the first time in 20 years the stage and sets for two of PortAventura Park's most popular shows will change for 2015. Although the scripts and names change on a yearly basis the shows sets and scenes for the Western Stunt Show arena and Polynesian show outdoor theatre have always remained the same. However next year the sets for Bang Bang West (2014) and Aloha Tahiti / Noches de Fuego en Tahiti will be re-designed for the 20th Anniversary.

Ferrari Land 2016

Earlier this week PortAventura released some new information about their 3rd Park Ferrari Land:

- PortAventura stated the Park will be split into 3 defined areas. .
- Accelerator coaster 'The Formula' will reach a height of 110 metres.
- The Ferrari Land project is estimated to value at more than 100 million euro.

Bang Bang West has been in need of a new set for a while now so good to hear some further ents changes. It's not really necessary, but great to hear.

Now I just wish the show could go back to being more English friendly, like it was back in 2007. They really need to sort out how to get the story across to multiple nationalities.

Bang Bang West has been in need of a new set for a while now so good to hear some further ents changes. It's not really necessary, but great to hear.

Now I just wish the show could go back to being more English friendly, like it was back in 2007. They really need to sort out how to get the story across to multiple nationalities.

I've never really expected the set of what is now Bang Bang West to change. With it never changing since the park opened I just presumed it would always stay the same so I'm very surprised at it being re-designed, I suppose theres only so many times they can break into the same bank! ;) Although the storyline always changes the same effects are always used in relation to the set, so I'm hoping this new design will bring along new special effects too!

- Accelerator coaster 'The Formula' will reach a height of 110 metres.

360ft? So...5th tallest coaster in the world and the tallest in Europe by a very long distance. What a weird decision given them already having Shambhala.

I didn't realise how tall this was until I read that Shambhala is 76 metres tall with a drop of 78 metres. This is going to be huge! And it's going to need a lot of speed to get it up there!

Just done the maths, and to get over a 110m tower, the ride will need a launch of 104mph and that's without taking friction into account, so it will actually be more than that! Really hope it lives up to TTD's launch as that thing was insane! This ride might be enough to make me want to go back to PA...

The 'Park will be split into 3 defined areas' sounds interesting - i'm guessing this means Sesame St, Ferrrari Land and ultimately the rest of the park?

The 'Park will be split into 3 defined areas' sounds interesting - i'm guessing this means Sesame St, Ferrrari Land and ultimately the rest of the park?
It's referring to Ferrari Land itself being split in three distinct areas. Ferrari Land is a separate gate.

How can you get more than one themed area out of "Ferrari"?

When you enter our world of magic and wonder, you will first find yourself in "Fast Car Land", where you can experience the thrill of driving a car... fast!
But if that's not your thing, why not visit "Land of Fast Cars"? An exciting area that brings driving fast cars to life!
Only the bravest of the brave dare to set foot in our extreme thrills area, "The Zone of Cars and Fast". A mysterious place where cars that go fast let you know what it's like to drive them!