• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura: General Discussion

Having not had the chance to ride Stampida I completely forgot the quirky head on duelling bit. We need more John Wardleys in the world :)

Yeah, credit to JW, the head on duel element (which was hyped up at the time, too), is often overlooked now. A great idea on what is nowadays, a diabolical coaster.

The layout of the coaster is fine, having been on some BLAND woodies (as much as people love woodies I think the worst woodies are much worst than the worst steelies) stampida isn't a bland layout, and it's an impressive structure.

Just like its fellow coaster brother Furious Baco an almost intolerably rough riding experience.

12 days until Park opening. Today photos have been emerging of Polynesia in PortAventura Park. It was said late last year that the Resort were to be making improvements and enhancements to the tropical land but its yet to be revealed what these will be. Photo PA Community
11044553_630647593747730_3967209736291206034_n.jpg

Polynesia is a mostly gorgeous area, but it's main detraction (as at all Disney parks) is its poor quality flooring. I hope a repaving is part of this improvement package.

Polynesia is a mostly gorgeous area, but it's main detraction (as at all Disney parks) is its poor quality flooring. I hope a repaving is part of this improvement package.

What's wrong with the flooring? It has the same flooring as the rest of the park. Large themed blocks.

Today PortAventura have released their 2015 performance line-up for the Spring Season.

2u557qw.png

A new updated performance line up will be revealed at the beginning of the Summer Season featuring extra shows and performance times. Performance schedules will be revealed with the Park maps on March 21.

Last edited:
Sea Odyssey Removed?

One of PortAventura's most popular E-Ticket attractions 'Sea Odyssey' has been removed from the Resorts official website and PortAventura Express line-up.

The story so far.
Sea Odyssey opened in 2000 by Universal Studios and took guests on an underwater adventure through Polynesia starting at the sub-terrain Institut Oceanique. After being briefed about the Institutes latest success, a dolphin harness translator, guests joined the beloved dolphin Sami to search for the missing submarine Seafari 1.

When the Park changed hands the Seafari film was removed and replaced with a series of ocean themed replacements such as Turtle Vision, Aquaride and the latest version, Submarine Odyssey. Neither of the replacements lived up to the original Seafari film by Universal Studios.

In 2010 Sea Odyssey became apart of Entertainments and was classed as a show, appearing on performance schedules for PortAventura Park, running continuously from opening to closing in Polynesia.

This year the attraction has been removed from the website, PortAventura Express line-up and has not been listed on the 2015 performance schedule. Late last year PortAventura announced Polynesia would receive improvements and enhancements which could suggest plans for Sea Odyssey.

My thoughts are that Sea Odyssey could re-open later in the season re-imagined and refreshed as a new attraction utilizing the existing simulators.

Last edited:
E - ticket?

This isn't Disney and Sea Oddysey would be more of a C - ticket if it was.

PortAventura Calendar 2015
Events and important dates (More events to be added during the season)
  • Fans of PortAventura Day - March 21
  • Spring Season - March 21 - June 26
  • Hotel Mansion De Lucy Opening - April 2
  • Costa Caribe Aquatic Park Opening - May 23
  • White Nights - May 30, June 27, July 25, August 22, September 5, December 5 (More dates to be announced)
  • Summer Season - June 27 - September 5
  • Cirque du Soleil Amaluna - July 3 - August 23
  • Autumn Season - September 6 - November 15
  • Oktoberfest - September 11-12, 18-19
  • Halloween - September 26 - November 15
  • Dark Nights - October 11, 31
  • Winter Season - November 16 - January 6
  • Christmas - November 21 - January 6
  • Christmas Eve - December 24
  • Christmas Day - December 25
  • New Years Eve - December 31

Last edited:
PortAventura Calendar 2015
Events and important dates (More events to be added during the season)
  • Christmas Eve - December 24
  • Christmas Day - December 25
  • New Years Eve - December 31

No way! Thank god they have been published in the calendar, I may have forgotten otherwise! :p

In news that I'm sure matters to someone, and baffles someone else; Oriolat2 over on CoasterForce reports that Tomahawk is getting new Mini-llennium Flyer trains from GCI.

oriolat2 over on CoasterForce said:
After a short off-season, PortAventura is going to start their 20th season celebrating its anniversary with plenty of decorations around the park and new shows. What the park has been really secretive about is the recent trackwork spotted around Stampida.

While most Spanish enthusiasts hoped (daydreamed?) for an extensive retrack of the dual-track wooden coaster, it turns out that the lucky coaster to get new trains is going to be Tomahawk. In fact, PortAventura has spent quite a bit of money on brand-new Mini-llennium Flyers from GCII (a bit like what happened to Coastersaurus at Legoland Florida).

Here's a picture of the new trains:
10999430_931729993538521_4652748883551358512_n.jpg

Hopefully, those awful turns will have been banked to avoid the unnecessary lateral bashing.

I will keep you posted because next Saturday the park is holding an even for theme park enthusiasts/experts and they are going to unveil something "big" for Stampida as well, which is not going to open along with the rest of the coasters of the park this season. Who knows, maybe Stampida is also in for a GCII treatment? Something like a Real Major Conversion (wink wink)?

Source: CAPTE.org and VideoReviewParks

People that have been and know what they're talking about: Will this change the ride in any meaningful way?

The old trains had single-position lap bars that locked well out of the way. The addition of snug bars will, if anything, make the ride more uncomfortable.

The old trains had single-position lap bars that locked well out of the way. The addition of snug bars will, if anything, make the ride more uncomfortable.
I can't say I'm shocked!

Of course, the bigger news is probably the bit at the bottom saying the park are holding an event Saturday to say what's happening to Stampida, which isn't opening at the same time as everything else...