• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura: General Discussion

They've done some work to the Western Stunt Show and Polynesian sets, by the look of things they've both got some new effects and scenery. I've also noticed there are now new stages next to the Penitence School in Far West, next to Templo Del Fuego in Mexico, Plaza Imperial in China and obviously Teatre Principal in Mediterrania. Alongside the renovations and improvements they haven't done bad this year at all.

My only downside to PA this year is the addition of Ice Age and to what quality the inside has been produced to. I've yet to see any photos of the interior.

'Celebration PortAventura' - Official Song 2015

PortAventura have released their latest own produced song 'Celebration PortAventura' from the new for 2015 show 'Celebration' at Gran Teatre Imperial (China). I think this has to be one of my favourite PortAventura songs!

Stampida back in operation

Stampida re-opened today after its major renovation. During its closure both tracks have received new rails and timber and banking on forceful corners. The station and queue-line have also had a great amount of TLC with new fences and timber to remove any graffiti or markings. Surprisingly the attraction now looks a lot smoother and quicker. The blue side is now in operation however the red side is still undergoing maintenance.

Apparently the only smooth parts are the retracked parts...

Unfortunately, only bits have been retracked, rather than all of it...

Noche Blanca - White Night 'Happy Birthday PortAventura'
PortAventura Park hours 10:00hr-24:00hr
On May 1 PortAventura Park will close at 24:00hr to officially celebrate 20 years of PortAventura. The first White Night of the season will provide special performances, street entertainment and new experiences.

PortAventura Official Sponsor of 'The Voice' 2015
PortAventura officially sponsors the Spanish edition of 'The Voice' in 2015, a special version of the PortAventura 20th Anniversary advert will play around the show.

New stores
Surf Paradise by Desigual' in Polynesia
'Catch a wave and enjoy the sun and sea of the Pacific in our new shop Surf Paradise. You'll find everything you need for a wardrobe packed full of modern summertime clothes for you to look cool on even the hottest days. You will also find the latest and most colourful fashions from Desigual.'

ICE AGE: The Shop in Polynesia
'Take away your favourite memory after having some fun in Ice Age The 4-D Ride, and choose the items from Ice Age characters that will best remind you of your experience at our theme park. Do not hesitate to visit us as you leave the attraction!'

Foto ICE AGE
'Do you want a fun picture with your favourite Ice Age characters? Strike a pose with them during the attraction track and pick up your photo at Ice Age The Shop.'

Angkor: Adventure In the Lost Kingdom
New for 2015: Live Action Splash Battle

For the 20th Anniversary actors in form of explorers and villagers have now been added along the route interacting with guests and jumping out between the theming with water guns. A great step to improve some of the slower sections of the ride on what has turned out to be one of PortAventura's most popular attractions during Summer 2014.

11145172_923346121019682_4634245507160143756_n.jpg

vivir_la_aventura_angkor.jpg

It's a cool idea. But it doesn't change my mind when it comes to Splash Battles... I find them very boring. Interesting thing to add though.

Northern Lights tbh! ;)

Seriously though it is an interesting idea and one that could work quite well in a weird way. 2015 is clearly the year to modify your splash battle!

:)

New for 2015 - ICE AGE: The 4D Ride
Photos have finally emerged of the interior of ICE AGE: The 4D Ride in Polynesia.

'An incredible Ice Age has engulfed parts of Polynesia, especially close to the Volcano Tutuki where dinosaurs are said to roam. Inside the once problematic secret Institut Oceanique the ice and snow have taken over. Once the home of Professor Julius Alga and much loved Sami the dolphin translator, new friends now occupy the secret underground caverns. The sub-terrainean lagoons, water pipes and ducts of the Institut Oceanique have frozen over to reveal a new frozen world to discover. Join Sid, Scrat, Manny and friends as they embark on new adventures in Polynesia at PortAventura.'

Ride Entrance
th720_5edb7060169f5eabea489edc71f2c60e.JPG

Sid onboard a frozen Seafari Sub
th720_ce04495b308cf6bbe7187bd8ce545b04.JPG

Interior queue-line with frozen pipes and screens
th720_b010370e1caaa95eb6082a15952e9108.JPG

Pre-show - Scrat holding back a frozen water chamber
th720_b5da4aebf9a118af9f74cfd4c01c6de6.JPG

Embarkation - Loading Bay 2
th720_04e5b442eb3c946216d0a110194874e5.JPG

Thanks for posting those pictures. I love PortAventura and hate to say this but those pictures do make the interior look pretty rubbish. It's just the old submarine queue line with a bit of snow sprayed on for good measure. Normally I think that PA do a superb job of theming but this project is just rubbish and I'm failing to find any postives in it.

Looks crap. The entrance sign looks nice though, and it's a 3D piece, even though it looks odd in what is arguably the best area in the park (theme wise).

I'm in two minds about the attraction, they have done a better job than I thought they were going to, I was expecting a sticker over the entrance and that to be it. It's nice to see from the description above they have tried to progress the story from Sea Odyssey to Ice Age although the attraction is only temporary for the 20th Anniversary so to say it'll only be like this for a year I think they've done ok.

In other news today:

Hotel Gold River 5* - After closed season updates and the up-coming expansion due to be finished in Summer 2015, Hotel Gold River is now rated a 5* hotel as opposed to it's previous 4* Superior status. This brings it alongside Hotel Mansion De Lucy and Club San Juan at Hotel Caribe.

New PortAventura Website - Today saw a re-launch of the official PortAventura website, some areas of the site are still awaiting an upgrade but the Hotel sections have already been re-designed and now give a much more in-depth look at the Resort Hotels giving a wider range of information including services, facilities, restaurant opening times etc.

http://www.portaventura.co.uk/