• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura: General Discussion

I meant expand it with more high calibre rides/shows. Fair enough kids rides, but yet again there isn't enough there to make it a full days outing - for either Thrill Seekers or familys. They opened a 'park' that should of just been an land to Port Aventura.

They are expanding Ferrari LAND (not world) for this year with new kids attractions like a mini drop tower, junior red force and some other flat rides.

It certainly needs more things to do, I loved Red Force but was bored of the park by 1pm.
You'd hope they'll add another coaster in a year or two. I'd probably go again this year if nothing else pops up into my current plans. It's just so easy to get to for me as I can fly from my local airport to Reus.

The issue for me was that Ferrari Land cannot handle crowds for its' life in summer. Some of the worst operations I've ever experienced in a theme park. Yes it was august, but something is wrong when every ride apart from a kiddie one has queues of over 50 mins. Red force was on 1 train operations with the srq at the very end of the queue. The advertised queue was 50 mins, not the 2.5 hours that I wasted queuing. The only good thing at the park was flying dreams which was one of the only attractions that my whole family could enjoy together (my mum hates anything thrilling).

We are going to PortAventura for our 14th holiday this coming Sunday, staying again at Hotel PortAventura. Although if you have the money we can full recommend The Callaghans at Gold River, we stayed at this hotel at Christmas and was very impressed by it.

By the way I'm hoping on this holiday to reach a landmark with Furius Baco as I'm only 104 rides away from having 2000 rides on it (be nice, it's my baby!! lol)

Im at Salou atm and Portaventura has been quiet yesterday the longest I queued for any ride was about 10 minutes for Shambhala - Even Red Force queue was less than 10 mins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your hoping to do 104 rides within that holiday!? As your well aware the queue line can be an ordeal not to mention the queue jumpers.
I wish you luck on your quest...
I did around 110 in 4 days on park at Christmas. We have the big advantage staying at a PortAventura hotel of being able to buy Express Unlimited for the price of around 70 euro. Without it there isn't a chance of getting anywhere near the rides we do, but with it around 50 rides per day (not all Baco! lol) can be had on park.

Son of Beast closed for good two weeks before I visited... I'm still annoyed at this...
We got on it literally one week or so before it closed. Although it won't be of much comfort to you it really was an utter pig of a ride with the most dreadful trains I have ever known on a rollercoaster for ride quality, they actually made the Stampida ones look glass smooth!!

The park needs some major coasters and dark rides. Shambhala is the only coaster that is very good, with the rest being average (except furius baco which is underrated), and even shambhala is extremely overhyped

For the amount of guests this park gets, it doesn't have enough major rides. I think it needs a major coaster in the main park as well as a couple new dark rides.

El Diablo needs to go. That would open up a lot of land. I'd also like a pathway through this area as it's a right pain trying to get to China if you are nearer the front end of the park or Wild West.

Dark rides !!!

My favourite thing to do other than coasters and the park is badly lacking them.
I would also say it lacks a decent flat ride, if you take Hurakan Condon out of the equation that is. Kontiki Wave and Volpaiute are both dire with 24 Crazy Barrels being little better.

I'd like to see more coasters at PortAventura, as good as Red Force is, it's not actually in the main park and is far too expensive to do on every visit to PortAventura (even with an annual pass!).

I'd like to see a B&M Invert at PortAventura and maybe a Mack Water Coaster, they definitely need more major coasters, the lack of dark rides doesn't bother me if I am honest.

I'd like to see a B&M Invert at PortAventura and maybe a Mack Water Coaster, they definitely need more major coasters, the lack of dark rides doesn't bother me if I am honest.
Duelling Dragons would have been amazing for PortAventura except for two things. I have no idea where they would have gone in the China area without ruining the landscape of the park, plus the Universal policy of don't sell rides to another park. Also I guess that it wouldn't have excited too many non enthusiasts the parks "new ride" being 19 years old! lol

Maybe a new build RMC would be a good move for the park, just not Stampida being turned into one though.