• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Posting of confidential information

There is nothing really to stop Pulse articles being posted (Towers have never asked us to remove previous leaks) but staff know its a breach of contract to post the contents f the Pulse hence why its not appeared yet.

Contrary to popular belief although we communicate with Towers relatively regularly they rarely ever bother us about forum content. They don't really spend much time trying to sensor fan sites.

And to reiterate no posts containing significant material from the Pulse has been deleted :) Sam was commenting on a rumour from another site. I'm happy to state that rumour is a leg called the tickler, this has come from some FB pages.

Re: [The Smiler] Construction Updates and Ride Speculation

Having seen the removed post, it really didnt have anything but speculation. As is alot of what we are getting at the moment.

So thats it, speculation. Isnt this normal for us?
I still assume the whole 5 points to marmalisation is to do with the marmaliser (aka the spider) with its 5 legs which all seem to be differently themed.

How on Earth is this not speculation?

The most interesting bit of "speculation" we have had in that topic for quite sometime, and it gets moved from the speculation topic.

Speculation. A magazine article accidentally published and removed (fair enough joking aside by whoever did it) that created intrigue, leaving SW7 speculation topic with talk of yellow gates and some concrete slabs.

Right.

You can post the same speculation in the topic, what was moved was a discussion on censorship which is interesting to some but not everyone who visits that topic.

JB1985 said:
The Inoculator
The Tickler
The Flasher
The Giggler
The Hypnotiser

Please before the conspiracy theorists create a mountain out of a mole hill feel free to post this in the smiler topic.

:)

Once again, for the record, that is the first time that the above list has been posted to this website, and we have no issues with it being on this site.

The only thing that was removed was a reference to "The Tickler", which was done so after the member requested it.

There has been no censorship, and I really don't know why people are thinking that we have censored anything!

Oh good a new topic. Well I’ve been meaning to say this for a while anyway so might as well say so here:

Can we stop discussing information without first pointing out what the information is

It's great that some of you are staff members and others have reliable sources but unless the information being discussed is commonly known about you need to tell us exactly what is being discussed before introducing it into a discussion (and if you can't tell don't discuss it at all).

It's just getting really frustrating for those of us that pay close attention to the forum but keep ending up in the middle of conversations that seem to have no reference point. I shouldn't have to PM other users to find out what's going on (which has happened a fair few times recently).

And I should stress this isn’t exclusive to The Smiler discussion. The discussion about The Swarm being turned backwards was the one that I found really frustrating as all I needed was for someone to say:

“We have a source that has confirmed The Swarm will have its rear seats reversed”

But instead all I was getting was:

“We know something you don’t but we aren’t going to say what”

^ I know this interpretation I was getting wasn’t intentional but that’s how it comes across when a discussion is going on about something that isn’t common knowledge.

I didn't know what people where going on about and I can see deleted posts. I think people assumed a huge cover-up when nothing of the sort had happened so a great scandal occurred out of the ether.

I think this may have been misinterpreted as the staff copping flack for censorship - I made a tongue in cheek comment, but I know you all better than that and I'd hope you knew that by now to be honest!

In general the feel was more about, what this information was, and was it right to be in staff magazines and expected to be kept secret?

No. That's stupid ;D but then I also understand it is critical that people keep their jobs regardless of this, my gripe is that speculation over what was actually posted and the intrigue and let's be honest, largely humour it generated was still speculation...

In fact, some of the most intriguing there has been for a while.

I have never been so confused reading TST/TTF in my life!! Just read through all of this topic and The Smiler discussion topic and have no idea what's happened, apart from we now have a list of 5 ride elements.

Yeah but we had a whole saga involving tin-foil hats and the illuminati before that list came out Rob.....

Dan brown would have been proud