• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Posting of confidential information

Sammy

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Untamed - Walibi Holland
I'm sure Sam won't mind me stealing his post...

Please continue all discussion about posting of confidential information here and away from The Smiler topic.

Thanks
Wilsy
X

Have I missed something tonight? I'm completely confused by the last few posts :/

Wait, hang on. There's an official list that for some reason we aren't allowing to be published even though everyone else knows??

Have I missed something?

Ditto the above - the last page or so is making little sense, has something been removed/withheld, and if the latter can discussion around it be avoided, as it's infuriating for those who haven't seen what from the sounds of things shouldn't have been seen?

Apparantly something from the employee magazine (The Pulse) was leaked onto a couple of forums but then removed. I've not seen it myself.

I'm not a fan of the idea of bowing to demands from the park to hide things (if that is the case).

I don't mind the park hiding things, but publishing and distributing 'secret' information to 1000 odd employees is freaking retarded.

(Or another bit of marketing genius since we're all talking about something that we haven't even seen.)

Novas said:
I don't mind the park hiding things, but publishing and distributing 'secret' information to 1000 odd employees is freaking retarded.

(Or another bit of marketing genius since we're all talking about something that we haven't even seen.)

Hahahah - that last bit is so true! I've been like a hawk on this topic the last few days, it went quiet and quite a few intriguing things come out - then what, I pop out for some food and something official is posted and removed!!

WHAT GIVES MAN?

Someone send it me anonymously and I will post it to avoid anyone getting into strife, I'll argue with Craig as to why he should let me post it haha ;)

;D

The Pulse is not confidential. It's a staff newsletter, but staff are not obliged to keep anything confidential.

If they don't want anything released publicly, don't include it in the Pulse! To have requested the removal of that pulse is a little OTT and I'm surprised it's been removed from this forum!

EuroSatch said:
The Pulse is not confidential. It's a staff newsletter, but staff are not obliged to keep anything confidential.

If they don't want anything released publicly, don't include it in the Pulse! To have requested the removal of that pulse is a little OTT and I'm surprised it's been removed from this forum!

So what do we have, an overly pampering forum, or a more conscientious worker making their own decisions?

I mean we could find a disused staff magazine anywhere right? RIGHT ALTON TOWERS STAFF??

*HINT HINT*

Oh, what is this I just found? No way... an Alton Towers magazine.... REALLY?

I will pay 50p to whoever makes this happen. Yes, a whole 50p.

For the record, we have removed nothing from our forums that could be classed as sensitive tonight, nothing has been posted here anyway! :)

To clarify a bit further, I believe one person has asked for their post to be removed but that was their own decision, and didn't really contain anything massively sensitive.

Time to put those tin foil hats away.

Its a conspiracy, the secret element was posted and now the team have been Marmalised and have no recollection of any post....

Lies! It's a conspiracy and you're all in on it.
*reaches for the foil.*

Sammy said:
Forgot it hadn't been posted here yet, not like it hasn't been posted in plenty of other places anyway! All be it, not officially!

Removed my post anyway to prevent any trouble! ;)

Wilsy said:
For the record, we have removed nothing from our forums that could be classed as sensitive tonight, nothing has been posted here anyway! :)

My seriously amazing powers of deductive reasoning now suggest SAMMY removed something of his own volition.

I offer my most humble apolographs to the site. This still doesn't answer what it was though?

At least when I allude to something, I never actually tell you, rather than post it then remove it ;D

"Mystery: You're doing it wrong".

Seeing as half the forum appear to work at Towers, can the Pulse section be pasted here? Or would the team do a TTF and remove it, despite previous Pulse extracts being allowed to be shared here with no problems?

You'll find out whatever was posted when it is released by Alton Towers marketing at some point in the future.

Last I heard The Pulse is for staff only, and posting it online would break the employees contract, which wouldn't be the best thing to do so I'd definitely advise against it.

Back on topic now, yes? Or continue this is Guest Services if people want to discuss it further :)

I think it's best if information that is published in the Pulse is kept off of any forum, as it is strictly an exclusive for employees only, and anything shown in the Pulse will be revealed to the public in due course. And any employee that leaks any articles is betraying the trust put in them to keep said articles confidential.

EDIT: Basically what Chris said, now I'll run away for continuing to be off topic...

Wilsy said:
Or continue this is Guest Services if people want to discuss it further :)

That always reminds me of "would you care to take this OUTSIDE?" for some reason ha-ha!!

I cannot believe I missed whatever was posted!! I have been really vigilant the last few days on here, to miss that now is annoying!

It is seriously stupid to hold something to contract that is in a magazine though, anyone can pick it up at home etc, what are you supposed to do, put it in a safe when you get home??

Staff magazines being subject to non-disclosure lol? REALLY?

Sorry I just don't believe anywhere would be that stupid to post information in a staff magazine and expect that to be kept an absolute secret hahahaha?

That belongs in the Tavern, not guest services.

EDIT: It must have been something decent info wise though, and obviously we don't want anyone here getting into trouble, but still....

Does seem a bit weird that Towersstreet (and TTF) would publish a news article entirely based on information revealed in Pulse with no qualms (Oblivion repaint etc), and then suddenly decide that in this instance that's not ok.