• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Potential New Universal UK Park

Recovered my old account on here just to talk about this, hope it goes ahead! I had a random dream they announced it would go ahead, but it wouldn't have any Harry Potter stuff due to the proximity to the WB Studios Tour. Stupid dream, but it did make me wonder if having the WB Studios would make a HP land here more or less likely?

I also keep hearing about how the plot of land is huge enough for two parks, hotel, shopping area etc, but every time I see the drone footage my brain tells me it's pretty small. Is the size being exaggerated in all these YouTube videos or is it actually big enough for say, an Islands of Adventure size park with all the show buildings etc.

Recovered my old account on here just to talk about this, hope it goes ahead! I had a random dream they announced it would go ahead, but it wouldn't have any Harry Potter stuff due to the proximity to the WB Studios Tour. Stupid dream, but it did make me wonder if having the WB Studios would make a HP land here more or less likely?

I also keep hearing about how the plot of land is huge enough for two parks, hotel, shopping area etc, but every time I see the drone footage my brain tells me it's pretty small. Is the size being exaggerated in all these YouTube videos or is it actually big enough for say, an Islands of Adventure size park with all the show buildings etc.

The drone shots make it look misleadingly small. If you do measurements on Google Earth it falls completely in line with the size of the Florida Parks. The whole lot is pretty much the same acreage as the bigass parcel of land Universal got for Epic Universe.

I read an article online today regarding Universals and Comcast profits and they are down?

Can anyone confirm this? Or have more information?
Not sure where you read that? Net Income (known as Net Profit in the UK) for the last financial year and Q1 2024 were up YOY for Comcast. Same for revenue, same for Operating Income (Operating Profit).

GAAP financial reporting principles, although termed and laid out differently in the states, are pretty standardised internationally and their accuracy is enshrined in law. So I would recommend going to the company itself if you are looking for more information. This can be found here https://www.cmcsa.com/financials/annual-reports

Happy reading!

Not sure where you read that? Net Income (known as Net Profit in the UK) for the last financial year and Q1 2024 were up YOY for Comcast. Same for revenue, same for Operating Income (Operating Profit).

GAAP financial reporting principles, although termed and laid out differently in the states, are pretty standardised internationally and their accuracy is enshrined in law. So I would recommend going to the company itself if you are looking for more information. This can be found here https://www.cmcsa.com/financials/annual-reports

Happy reading!
The Parks Division had a slight dip (which they were expecting after post-covid boost) so that's probably what he saw and thought it meant Comcast/Universal as a whole lost money.