• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Questions about Ride Access Pass availability in November

IsabelT73

TS Member
Just found out today (as we're going to Chessington in a few days) about having to book RAP places in advance (7 days), not in time for Chessington so I booked reserve and ride instead. However we're going to Alton Towers for the fireworks in November and not only is the ability to book RAP not there but even Fast Track seems to be unavailable this far in advance? Is this the case, or do they not put them on for sale until nearer the time (or are they usually quiet?). Many thanks for any responses (reassurances hopefully LOL)

Just found out today (as we're going to Chessington in a few days) about having to book RAP places in advance (7 days), not in time for Chessington so I booked reserve and ride instead. However we're going to Alton Towers for the fireworks in November and not only is the ability to book RAP not there but even Fast Track seems to be unavailable this far in advance? Is this the case, or do they not put them on for sale until nearer the time (or are they usually quiet?). Many thanks for any responses (reassurances hopefully LOL)
I don't think Towers have released RAP books for November yet, so keep checking. Also, the 7 day window is for new RAP photo card applications, you can pre-book slots up until the day pending availability.

Unfortunately RAP released for Fireworks around 2 weeks ago and is currently unavailable. It is possible to add to a waitlist on the day at Guest Services, but this isn’t guaranteed

The 7 day period is the time between applying for your RAP and visiting, however that is contingent on their being availability on the day you wish to visit

Fastrack could also be sold out already as it’s always a very busy time. I find the parks at fireworks completely unbearable so don’t treat it as a “rides” day and arrive later in the day ready for the fireworks show

If you haven’t done so already, apply for the Merlin RAP as you will need this - your nimbus card isn’t enough.

Thanks for all your replies. I hadn't converted to a merlin thing so I will do so. I will revise expectations down with my boys - the real reason we're going is fireworks anyway as my youngest loves them finally after years of being terrified of the noise - just to coincide with everywhere stopping doing fireworks shows - so Alton Towers seems to be one of the only fireworks guarantees! We're staying 2 nights so will try for some rides early on the Saturday and try our luck!

Yeah, they usually release RAP and Fast Track closer to the date, especially for big events like fireworks. November might be quieter.