• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Queue Times Discussion 2024

The bit I don’t think the parks realise is bringing the family to a park and seeing queues over an hour is miserable. It makes you angry. It makes you not want to return. It’s an awful experience. It has long term negative effects.

All the parks in the UK are big enough other than the absolute busiest days for this not to become the norm. They are failing by design

These are the busiest days right now. I think they need to consider the capacity cap and bringing it right down. Swing it as making the place more premium by making it sell out. Create the demand.

Funny you say that because from what I’ve seen the queues are always worse at Thorpe
They really aren't in my humble experience...not that I visit often.
This year's visit, we got a couple of walk ons, and excluding the new one, typically queues were around twenty minutes for all the other coasters.
It is also easier to plan and manage around constant ride closures...no long walks to find an open ride!

I would strongly advise not visiting tomorrow.

I only just noticed this weekend is MAP exclusion (except Platinum)... The parks absolutely raking it in!

The bit I don’t think the parks realise is bringing the family to a park and seeing queues over an hour is miserable. It makes you angry. It makes you not want to return. It’s an awful experience. It has long term negative effects.

As per the above, people visiting this weekend will likely be non-MAP holders, i.e infrequent visitors. Yet the parks dictate these exclusion dates a year in advance precisely because they know how busy it will be and seemingly infrequent visitors are not put off.