• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Queue Times Discussion 2024

Craig

TS Administrator
If you'd like to discuss day to day queue times on resort, this is the topic to do so. As a reminder, if you're on park we recommend you refrain from constant hour by hour updates as it's of little use for discussion on the forum.

Enjoy your day, and save your thoughts to compile into a trip report in the Planning and Reports forum when you get back :)

Last edited:
I thought ops were pretty poor today. It was fairly quiet so wasn’t an issue but I hope things are in a better position by Easter when it’s busy. Nemesis dispatches were slower than on the original but it was still the best ops on park. Th13teen was closed most the day but that is still on 2 trains which isn’t ideal, same goes for Wicker man that remains on 2. Then we come onto the lower end of operations. Smiler remains on 3 trains and ops are nowhere near as good as it is on 4. Oblivion was on 1 station which is expected on a weekday. One thing I’ve always wondered with Oblivion is do they really benefit from having 4 shuttles on when it’s on 1 station? A lot of the time the shuttles are stacked on the brake run so to me it doesn’t seem like there’s any point putting more than 3 on. Galactica was on 2 craft 1 station as it usually is during the week. Got to say operations were pretty shocking on there dispatches were nearly every 3 minutes. Then we have Rita… they need to get it back on 2 asap because the throughput must be abysmal at the moment

There was a lot of discussion in the hotels about which rides would be unavailable, with talk of at least one coaster being closed and possibly several.

I strongly suspect there was a last minute push to get things open but there wasn't time to get every train ready

There was a lot of discussion in the hotels about which rides would be unavailable, with talk of at least one coaster being closed and possibly several.

I strongly suspect there was a last minute push to get things open but there wasn't time to get every train ready
Why are they always late with start of the season. They literally have 4 months to do maintenance and work on the rides to get them ready

Normal NMW staff yes but I'm sure the maintenance teams are on full time pay/contracts
I would hope this is the case. But I guess the ride hosts and ops still need training, and they come back later?
I dunno. I'm sure someone will be along to correct us soon enough. ;)

I would hope this is the case. But I guess the ride hosts and ops still need training, and they come back later?
I dunno. I'm sure someone will be along to correct us soon enough. ;)
That's true enough but ride hosts/ops just means slower dispatch, not trains sitting out of use because they were not signed off for use in time.

I know we all look from the outside like the armchair experts we are but it would be fascinating to see why this happens seemingly every single year. I fully imagine it's "not enough engineers because we are too cheap to pay them the market rate"

The mechanic team is not very large.
Every bit needs checking, on every train, and there are lots of trains...some of the bits need replacing, parts are rarely on the shelf.
Work out how many trains there are, and with a small staff team to do the work, you make sure each ride has sufficient trains to open with the season, then do the rest in those early quiet weeks.
Come on someone...how many actual trains are there at the Towers?

Come on someone...how many actual trains are there at the Towers?

Somewhere in the region of 34 rollercoaster trains? Depends if they have kept all Oblivion and Spinball cars in a useable state over the years I guess, since they don’t ever operate with all cars at once.

Big issue is recruiting and/or keeping engineers. There always appears to be a job opening for engineers whenever you look. Right now for example they are advertising for a mechanical engineer.

Looking at the live queue times right now, whats going on? Monday in term time, i'd be expecting 15 mins queues tops for everything but it looks closer to what I'd normally see on a weekend.

Looking at the live queue times right now, whats going on? Monday in term time, i'd be expecting 15 mins queues tops for everything but it looks closer to what I'd normally see on a weekend.
Schools in the Midlands are on holiday. That, combined with several ride closures, hasn't helped. Th13teen didn't open until midday, NST has been down a lot and Wickerman is still shut.