• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Quick Questions 2012

As far as I know the any-day return ones are valid for Scarefest (but I may be wrong)

As for how many you are allowed, it is one per person.

Might sound like a daft question, but does anyone know where exactly the on-ride photo on Oblivion is taken?

:)

I know there is one upon completing the turn on your decent and I think there is another from the drop correct me if I'm wrong.

Yup - First one is by the rehydrator (takes photo of the entire train, shown in top of your photo), second one is beside enterprise which is the close up of two seats.

funkyurtle said:
Hi, just wondering if the photopass can be used over two days or does it have to be used during just one?

Can be used at any time - theres nothing to stop you using it over 2 or more days :)

Why don't Towers use solar panels? Is it because of the cost/faff of putting them up? Burger King gets a lot of sun and so does woodcutters so most large Towers buildings could have them and they'd work. Even if it just fed the surrounding area. It'd also be a good marketing technique to have a positive green message.

Cost too much for a relatively little gain. Covering the entire roof of BK won't even generate enough power for their friers.

The idea of anywhere in the UK using solar panels for energy generation is laughable...

Also, they're incredibly unefficient, like most green energy systems actually...

As for the woodland walk, it's not wheelchair friendly at all, due to the uneven pathway covered in roots and other bits... I wouldn't recommend it...

VickyRowe said:
Hi , Is the woodland walk from the hotels to the park wheelchair accessible?

It's only open from 10am to 12pm anyway so it is effectively useless as you can't get in for ERT! :mad:

Ollie said:
VickyRowe said:
Hi , Is the woodland walk from the hotels to the park wheelchair accessible?

It's only open from 10am to 12pm anyway so it is effectively useless as you can't get in for ERT! :mad:

I know that but we have a meeting at the AT hotel at 10am and wanted to use it when we'd finished to get back to the park, but my husband is in a wheelchair, so i was asking if it was accessible! But it's not an issue that it isn't we will wait for the monorail if it's running (in october) or walk as we can't use the buses if the monorail is not running

The Monorail is usually OK and should certainly be up and running by 10am even if for some reason, possibly due to the cold, it cannot open at 8:30am. :)

The Woodland Walk isn't great for access. Some of the paths are very uneven, and there are roots everywhere. Plus, to get out at the hotel end you need to squeeze through a revolving turnstile/gate which even the most able bodied of people can struggle with! They really should advertise the fact more and have more signage somewhere to say that it's not wheel and pushchair friendly, and to go out of the main entrance if you ask me. It'd save people a lot of time and energy.

The Monorail will more than likely be back to full working order for your visit though. It should open around 8:45am normally, ready for ERT. There will be a bit of a queue around 10ish, but as your husband is in a wheelchair you should be able to access it via the exit ramp, and be loaded into the next train where the rear compartment is free :)

Tbh, since the walk isn't even open during ERT or later on in the day for people returning to the hotel (either for good or a quick pop over for waterpark), it's bloody pointless isn't it?

It's only open for guests visiting the park between 10-midday (presume noone really uses it, as that's awful timings).

Coming in the opposite direction, you can use it regardless of time of day.

Although they do say it's only open during those times I have exited the park at various times using the Woodland Walk, and every time all I've had to do is push the button to be let out. I think they are just more cagey about admissions, due to the fact it may be easier for people without tickets to slip through and get into the park for free.

Letting people out of the park into the hotels though they don't seem to care. Just avoid it when the rain starts... Eh Sammy and djtruefitt? :p

As far as im aware you can leave using the woodland walk any time during the day, as you just press the button on the gate and someone in security/hotel presses a button to open it for you. But getting into the park using woodland walk you can only do it when there is a member of staff there.