• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Would a youth hostel be any good? Ilam Hall is a beautiful one not so far away. Could possibly book a couple of dorms for a decent price? Lovely setting too.

Chained Oak b&b. Can't recommend it enough. Walking distance to the theme park and the owner, Liz, is a star.

We got drenched one year as it rained constantly both days of our visit and she let us use her tumble dryers to dry our soaked clothes so we wouldn't be packing them away wet. She also let us hang our waterproofs and shoes in the boilerhouse so they'd be dry for our second day at the park.

Ashborne travel lodge, there are also some in surrounding areas if you are prepared to travel further (Stoke and Burton Upon Trent), look out for deals as you sometimes can get a room for as cheap as £13 on selected days. Usually you will pay on average £50 for a room.Travel lodges are cheap and cheerful, so don't expect them to be anything special

Also Lower Miklin farm in Denstone, tiny chalets and camping...very good, used them 2 years ago...smaller than Star.

Can recommend this too, lovely spot on top of a hill, very quiet unless someone's playing football in the dark behind your tent lol. Big plots too.

Couldn't get a booking this year, had to resort to the Travelodge, not that I'm not regretting it now, considering how the weather is supposed to be.

Thanks to everyone for all the replies.. plenty of suggestions for me to look Into this evening.
Wasn't expecting much of a response so I'm really chuffed to see there's so many helpful and kind people on this forum.
Will definitely be staying around to either do my bit to help or for anything else I may need advice on.

Thanks everyone xxxx

Thanks to everyone for all the replies.. plenty of suggestions for me to look Into this evening.
Wasn't expecting much of a response so I'm really chuffed to see there's so many helpful and kind people on this forum.
Will definitely be staying around to either do my bit to help or for anything else I may need advice on.

Thanks everyone xxxx

My advise? Run for the hills, if you spend too long round here, it won't be long until we've turned you to the dark side and you do nothing but bemoan Merlin operations, reminisce about the good old days, buy the rose tinted glasses and spend all day F5'ing the pet hates thread.

;)

I know that Nemesis has an extra queue for the front row in the station; do any of the other coasters have one?

I don't feel that being in the front row makes much of a difference on Rita. It's just as rattly as the rest of the rows!

How jolty is it? (Never done it before)

It's not painful IMO, it just rattles you a lot. If you're on the taller side, it shouldn't give you any trouble. I do enjoy it for the launch and some pretty good airtime too! Just a shame it is such a short ride. You should give it a go!

The Smiler is what I would consider jolty, but don't think that's so bad either.

I'd like to try Rita in the front row again, it was a few years ago when I last did it. I don't usually get many rides in on Rita because it always seems to have a long queue and I hate queuing for it. :p

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.