• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Quick Questions

Wondering if anyone can help at all.

I’m thinking of going to opening tomorrow and was going to get the Alton Towers gold pass, but just wanted to check. It says the pass is digital now, so if I buy one today online will I be able to use it straight away?

Also it says that pre books are still required for pass holders but I can’t see what availability is like without a pass number. Can anyone confirm that there’s still availability for tomorrow (19th) at the moment? Is the allocation even still different anymore?

Thank you!
When you buy a pass now you do it straight away and can add it to your wallet on your phone, which does mean you can pre book tickets straight away and visit straight away.

Of course tomorrows sold out, but just thought I’ll let you know for any other day.

When you buy a pass now you do it straight away and can add it to your wallet on your phone, which does mean you can pre book tickets straight away and visit straight away.

Of course tomorrows sold out, but just thought I’ll let you know for any other day.
I've already got a new AT gold pass and a reservation for Saturday - and I've added the gold pass and pre-books to the AT App. Does this mean I don't need to queue up for a physical pass tomorrow?

I haven't seen anyone mention it but, at the Christmas event the Towers Street bar and Grill was open and there was much speculation that it might be reopening permanently during the main season, so was it open yesterday?

I haven't seen anyone mention it but, at the Christmas event the Towers Street bar and Grill was open and there was much speculation that it might be reopening permanently during the main season, so was it open yesterday?
Nope it’s very much closed again, and back to just having the coke freestyle machines as you walk in. I imagine we’ll only see it open for fireworks and Christmas now, unless it gets some kind of major refurbishment in there

How did Alton Towers season passes work for fireworks last year? Was there any discount or did they have to purchase a full price ticket?

Might seem an obvious question but wanted to double check. Thinking of going on a relatively last minute trip to AT whilst I'm home for Easter next week, and I wasn't sure whether it was better to buy tickets online or on the gate with 2 for 1, as I haven't been for a while and I'm not totally familiar with the pre-booking/on the gate situ. It would seem that 2 for 1 on the day would be cheaper since tickets for that day online are coming up as £42, but I don't know how risky that is for potentially not getting in? Sorry if this is silly/obvious but I want to be sure!

Might seem an obvious question but wanted to double check. Thinking of going on a relatively last minute trip to AT whilst I'm home for Easter next week, and I wasn't sure whether it was better to buy tickets online or on the gate with 2 for 1, as I haven't been for a while and I'm not totally familiar with the pre-booking/on the gate situ. It would seem that 2 for 1 on the day would be cheaper since tickets for that day online are coming up as £42, but I don't know how risky that is for potentially not getting in? Sorry if this is silly/obvious but I want to be sure!

When you use a 2 For 1 code it’s always on the full price of a ticket, if you have a code from a Cadburys pack/Friij milkshake/Kellogs box, etc then you book using a promo portal that lets you pick your day and buy one ticket at full price and get another free. Personally when I visited towers last year I was wanting to go for two days and I found that it was actually slightly cheaper to buy a standard online ticket in advance (at £39 I think it was) and then there was an offer of adding on a second day for £10, so that gave me a bit of a saving against buying two of the 2 For 1 promo offers for my wife and I to both use.

Which 241 voucher are you wanting to use? You should be able to book these tickets online, there will be a specific link for them depending on which voucher it is.

The carex one I used yesterday were half price tickets, so for me as an adult yesterday it was £32.50 booked less than a week in advance, there was no need for another person to get the value from the offer.
Book via a link on the bottle (direct you to towers site) and tickets were emailed to me. I wasn't asked at the gate for any proof of the carex product, just scanned in and went so technically you could just book them from the link on the bottle I guess?

Does anyone know why the park is randomly open to 5pm on Monday 25th. Seems to be most schools return to term time that week. The rest of week the park is closing at 4pm so seems strange to have one day of slightly late opening

***Question***

Hi!
We’re going to Alton Towers tomorrow with our three children. Our daughter is only 5 so not tall enough for the bigger rides.
I know there isn’t a parent swap wristband this season but read on a Facebook forum that some people were told they could queue up with their child and ride one at a time, swapping the child over between rides.
I’ve tweeted AT and had a response to say we’d need to queue twice if we both wanted to ride.
Has anyone been recently and knows what’s happening? It seems unfair that we’d potentially have to spend two hours queuing for the same ride.

Thank you!

Do most of the queue as a family group.
Split up in the queue near the station entrance a few minutes apart...say let thirty people past.
1st parent goes on alone, kid(s) wait back with parent 2.
Parent 2 then goes on the ride, sending little kid(s) direct through the train to the exit, to be picked up by parent one waiting just outside the station platform.
Has worked for many groups over the years!