• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Quick Questions

You can't see out of the monorail, oh dear, that was half the excitement for me.
20 min walk is fine but not if you're 3 and have little legs :) I'm into pushchair territory which I wanted to avoid really.
Thank you again, very very insightful.
Thomas Land is looking a little more appealing.

Do you still have to pre-book with a MAP? The website has let me done so for Fireworks & Halloween which I appreciate are high-gate number events.

What has returned to "walk up & go" on annual passes?

Sometimes they check sometimes they don't, depends on the staff. Probably worth pre-booking anyway. Although if there are just turnstiles and no staff actually scanning the tickets you can just scan your digital pass and they won't know

Everything is pre-book I believe, but last time I checked most things you could just stand outside of and pre-book. Haven't been asked at Towers this season, Thorpe asked once and Lego were pretty hot on needing one

I’m taking my brother and his family to Towers in the middle of August (I know this is foolhardy but it ties in with family holiday in the Lake District). He has 2 kids, both under 1.4m. Towers no longer do parent swap passes, and as both the parents want to do the bigger rides I’m thinking my bruv should by a fast track gold so his wife doesn’t have to queue after he has. The way I see it working is she takes the small people on something while we queue and do a ride, then he takes the small people while she fast tracks - does this sound sensible? They won’t both go for fast track, and we dont want to split up for the day so seems a sensible compromise to me but I’ve no experience of these things. If there were more SRQ then we probably wouldn’t need to bother. Any thoughts please?

I’m taking my brother and his family to Towers in the middle of August (I know this is foolhardy but it ties in with family holiday in the Lake District). He has 2 kids, both under 1.4m. Towers no longer do parent swap passes, and as both the parents want to do the bigger rides I’m thinking my bruv should by a fast track gold so his wife doesn’t have to queue after he has. The way I see it working is she takes the small people on something while we queue and do a ride, then he takes the small people while she fast tracks - does this sound sensible? They won’t both go for fast track, and we dont want to split up for the day so seems a sensible compromise to me but I’ve no experience of these things. If there were more SRQ then we probably wouldn’t need to bother. Any thoughts please?
As you'll be aware, the queues will no doubt be diabolical in the summer hols, so if they both want to do the big rides then they'd be better off both getting Fastrack. Without that, they'll run the risk of not being able to get on everything they want to. And bear in mind that Gold only allows one ride on each of the included rides.

Hi all. After watching some towers videos on YouTube yesterday my 11 year old wants to visit so looking at booking for first week of school holidays in July. We'll be getting the train / taxi from London so makes sense to stay on resort. We will also book the waterpark and just wondered how long we should allow to be in the water park? It will be open 10am-8pm that week so just thinking if it would be best to do late afternoon / evening on our first day or morning / early afternoon on the second day and then into the park after lunchtime for some rides?

Hello everyone, I'm going to Towers on Friday (Yay!), and I'm just wondering what the best Tactic is nowadays to get all the rides done. We're staying overnight in the hotels so we can use the Galactica entrance, but with no Nemesis obviously it seems pointless.

Hello everyone, I'm going to Towers on Friday (Yay!), and I'm just wondering what the best Tactic is nowadays to get all the rides done. We're staying overnight in the hotels so we can use the Galactica entrance, but with no Nemesis obviously it seems pointless.
I usually try and get the dark forest done first, then possibly head to the valley. I’ll leave wicker man and spinball until later In the day when they are quiet.

Of course if you come in through hotel gate I would do galactica and sub Terra first.

If it’s a hot day and you want to do the rapids I would get that done nearer to when it opens at 11am as well rather than the middle of the afternoon.

I always try and get in The Smiler’s queue by 0930 to ensure I’m riding it at 10am. Then I make a quick dash to the Dark Forest, which is still pretty deserted around 1030 so if you’re quick you can do 3 coasters by 1045.

Thanks for the tips, think I'll start in Dark Forest. If we use the Galactica entrance then bit useless really, with no Nemesis, unless Sub Terra gets long queues? Is the Skyride still shut too? Could easily do Galactica at the end of the day.

Quickest way to get from Forbidden Valley to Dark Forest without the skyride anyone?

If you are fit and don’t mind a hell of a lot of steps then follow the cross valley route (has yellow and red markers) from behind the sky ride over to Dark Forest.

If you don’t want to do that there are loads of other routes that cut through the front of the gardens. But no easy way of describing that one.

Slightly longer but probably the least likely to get lost on is take the wider set of steps near the prospect tower down past the small pond and follow the path until you come out behind battle galleons and then go left across white bridge and to dark forest.

Strange logic.
From Forbidden Valley, drop down into the gardens a little bit, then bear right on the level you are on, round the horseshoe of the gardens, then turn a steep right when you have crossed the valley.
There are at least two, probably three, levels of short cut round the valley, without dropping right in.
Bonus points if you find and use the stepping stones!