• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Quick Questions

Yeah, that makes some sense. I've been pre-booking anyway just in case, but it's just interesting to note.
The only annoying thing so far for me has been inability to pre-book same day, or at all (no dates for 2023 at Warwick Castle) via the Platinum hub.

That makes me feel a bit better about it though, so thanks.

Yeah, that makes some sense. I've been pre-booking anyway just in case, but it's just interesting to note.
The only annoying thing so far for me has been inability to pre-book same day, or at all (no dates for 2023 at Warwick Castle) via the Platinum hub.

That makes me feel a bit better about it though, so thanks.
If you tweet or get in touch with MAP they usually sort it, I know the theme parks had issues where you couldn’t book on the day originally and they sorted it. Also they always said if day guest tickets are available you should always be able to pre book as a pass holder

I've always booked except this year when I made an impromptu visit to get on Alton Manor. Nobody asked to see the booking and nothing untoward happened when I scanned my pass. They systems are clearly not linked. However I would still book just on the off chance they ask to see it.

I was surprised during my visits to Chessington and Thorpe last weekend that although both dates were Gold-pass exclusion dates, the scanners didn't block entry for "blacked out" passes. I would have thought the scanners would at least be able to recognise pass types and refuse entry accordingly based on the exclusion dates calendar, so that staff can request to see evidence of pre-booking.

In the end I paid £40 in upcharge fees which were never checked. The system is hugely vulnerable to abuse.

Does anyone know the best way to Cancel a hotel booking? looks like they are tricky and charge 50% if you book 4-14 days in advance which is my case.

Anyone know the best way to do it successfully? and also how to actually do it? they don't make it easy!

You can try giving them a call, I think the number to use is 0300 332 1422. Alternatively there should be a way to manage your booking on the Alton Towers Holidays website.

You will however be charged a cancellation fee of some sorts, unless you took out their cancellation cover at the time of booking. This fee varies depending on how soon your booking is, but will be at least 50% I think.

You can try giving them a call, I think the number to use is 0300 332 1422. Alternatively there should be a way to manage your booking on the Alton Towers Holidays website.

You will however be charged a cancellation fee of some sorts, unless you took out their cancellation cover at the time of booking. This fee varies depending on how soon your booking is, but will be at least 50% I think.

Yeah thats so annoying as it makes it pointless to cancel really as they'll charge £150 out of £300 for 2 nights! ah well!

Does anyone know the best way to Cancel a hotel booking? looks like they are tricky and charge 50% if you book 4-14 days in advance which is my case.

Anyone know the best way to do it successfully? and also how to actually do it? they don't make it easy!
You might be able to rebook rather than cancel, in which case you shouldn't have to pay a cancellation fee.

Worth mentioning as well the reasons you've decided to cancel are all on the part of the park and that you don't feel you should have to pay for a sub-par experience.

I was surprised during my visits to Chessington and Thorpe last weekend that although both dates were Gold-pass exclusion dates, the scanners didn't block entry for "blacked out" passes. I would have thought the scanners would at least be able to recognise pass types and refuse entry accordingly based on the exclusion dates calendar, so that staff can request to see evidence of pre-booking.

In the end I paid £40 in upcharge fees which were never checked. The system is hugely vulnerable to abuse.
I've often wondered whether the system links the pre-book to the pass (as you now have to input your pass no. to prebook) which would explain why scanning the pass alone would permit entry. Almost certain that I'm thinking too highly of their systems however, it's much more likely to simply not connect them whatsoever as you suggest!

Hi Guys, odd and random question?
Do you know if the Coca Cola Freestyle machines still have the full sugar version of Coca Cola? I've heard someone say online that they have taken the option out but can't find anything to support this. It will be the deciding factor as to if I get a reusable cup! Anyone know?

Hi Guys, odd and random question?
Do you know if the Coca Cola Freestyle machines still have the full sugar version of Coca Cola? I've heard someone say online that they have taken the option out but can't find anything to support this. It will be the deciding factor as to if I get a reusable cup! Anyone know?
When I went a couple of weeks ago, they had normal Coke but it couldn't have any flavour options added to it. Coke Zero had the full range of flavours available.

In two of the booths it was also sold out on 2 out of the 3 machines, and this was at around lunchtime.

When I went a couple of weeks ago, they had normal Coke but it couldn't have any flavour options added to it. Coke Zero had the full range of flavours available.
I think that's true of all Freestyle machines isn't it ?

I thought I read in some catering focussed article around the sugar tax that Coca Cola insisted 'full fat coke' (containing no fat) was in all machines.

Not sure TBH, the only other times I have used them is at Five Guys and I thought the whole range was available there.

I'm a Dr Pepper person anyway, give me cherry vanilla Dr Pepper any day. Strawberries and Cream is also acceptable but you can only get that in american cans at Home Bargains etc, not in Freestyle machines

Thinking of booking scarefest on the 19th of October with my merlin pass. I have silver but its valid for that day however from what I can see you have to pay extra for the mazes. Anyone know how to do that for pass holders or have I got to buy a full price ticket which presumably gives you one entry to each?

Thinking of booking scarefest on the 19th of October with my merlin pass. I have silver but its valid for that day however from what I can see you have to pay extra for the mazes. Anyone know how to do that for pass holders or have I got to buy a full price ticket which presumably gives you one entry to each?

Regular park tickets don’t include maze access, it’s an upcharge for everyone.

They will release the maze tickets later in the year. Pass holders usually get a discount off the full price.

So, I haven’t been to Towers in ages. I’ve got some gardening leave coming up with work so was going to give my wife a break from me rolling around the house moaning and being bored and thought I’d take a trip next week on my own, either Tuesday or Thursday probably. What’s Towers like for solo attendees at the moment? Are there any single ride queues now? Any advice for a bored 40 something planning a day out welcomed!

So, I haven’t been to Towers in ages. I’ve got some gardening leave coming up with work so was going to give my wife a break from me rolling around the house moaning and being bored and thought I’d take a trip next week on my own, either Tuesday or Thursday probably. What’s Towers like for solo attendees at the moment? Are there any single ride queues now? Any advice for a bored 40 something planning a day out welcomed!
Smiler has a single rider queue. The other rides don't. The few times I've been on my own it's been quiet and haven't queued more than 20 mins. I've been on a really busy scarefest day on my own before and was waiting 60-90 mins for the rides so I'm not too bothered about queuing if I have to. Think majority would get very bored queuing for ages on their own though. I just love the atmosphere of the rides and watching them go round. Doesn't bother me