• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Quick Questions

Hi everyone,

I’m thinking of trying to do work experience at alton towers doing some type of engineering role. I’m doing maths, physics and chemistry a level and want to study engineering at uni so i need work experience for my ucas application. Does anyone know if alton towers offers work experience as i really enjoy rollercoasters and want to learn more about the engineering behind them. Is there an email/number to ask them more about this?

Hi everyone,

I’m thinking of trying to do work experience at alton towers doing some type of engineering role. I’m doing maths, physics and chemistry a level and want to study engineering at uni so i need work experience for my ucas application. Does anyone know if alton towers offers work experience as i really enjoy rollercoasters and want to learn more about the engineering behind them. Is there an email/number to ask them more about this?
I can't see anything on their website about work experience, however there is an email address [email protected] (taken from https://www.altontowers.com/jobs/#who-can-i-email-with-any-questions)

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Hi everyone,

If you're looking for university engineering courses and have a love of coasters, I'd definitely consider taking a look at Staffordshire University. They have a long standing working relationship with Towers, and offer placements to students on the engineering and attraction management courses.

It might be worth expressing an interest in the course to the university, as they might have a contact at Towers who could help arrange with some shadowing or experience, even if you don't end up going there!

Has anyone booked a hotel with a merlin pass on a blacked out date?

You now get entry on the date so just wondering how you get this....i've read you have to go to the hotel to get a printed ticket...but also read you show passes and booking at the gates and get in that way

We're going fireworks sunday so i want to make sure i'm doing the right thing on the morning so not needlessly wasting time

Has anyone booked a hotel with a merlin pass on a blacked out date?

You now get entry on the date so just wondering how you get this....i've read you have to go to the hotel to get a printed ticket...but also read you show passes and booking at the gates and get in that way

We're going fireworks sunday so i want to make sure i'm doing the right thing on the morning so not needlessly wasting time
Are you sure it gets round dates when the pass isn't valid? It used to be that if the tickets were sold out then you could still get in with a hotel booking, but I thought you still needed a valid ticket.

Are you sure it gets round dates when the pass isn't valid? It used to be that if the tickets were sold out then you could still get in with a hotel booking, but I thought you still needed a valid ticket.
Screenshot 2023-10-30 17.57.37.png

Took from MAP facebook page....it's something they started not long ago

Decent deal really as AT hotel cost me £204 for family of 4 and firework upgrade would've been £100 on its own...staying sunday

Tangentially related to the fireworks I guess. I am going on Sunday and having recently rejoined the Merlin Gold Pass I have 3 of the £5 off fasttrack vouchers they send out. Should these be redeemed at the Box Office on Towers Street?

I am going alone so plan on hammering the Smiler single rider queue for all it's worth but figure it will be worth me spending a small amount on at least one fasttrack for Wicker Man and another coaster if it's going to be a busy day.

Tangentially related to the fireworks I guess. I am going on Sunday and having recently rejoined the Merlin Gold Pass I have 3 of the £5 off fasttrack vouchers they send out. Should these be redeemed at the Box Office on Towers Street?
Fasttrack is available around the park, there are kiosks in FV, DF and outside XS. I would expect any of these should accept the vouchers

Just wondering for next time, I'm going to Alton Towers next year (All being well.)
I just have a simple question, which of the major rides actually have the testing seat (Or whatever it's actually called) outside their queues lines? Got a friend of mine who's a little unsure about rollercoasters, and I want to show them it's both safe and fun.

So would you lot please help me by pointing out where these seats are?
Thanks!

Just wondering for next time, I'm going to Alton Towers next year (All being well.)
I just have a simple question, which of the major rides actually have the testing seat (Or whatever it's actually called) outside their queues lines? Got a friend of mine who's a little unsure about rollercoasters, and I want to show them it's both safe and fun.

So would you lot please help me by pointing out where these seats are?
Thanks!
Wicker Man, Oblivion, Nemesis, Rita and Galactica have a test seat.

Afraid you're going mad. There's never been one. Are you thinking of Nemesis Inferno?
Ah fair, thanks for confirming it's just me lol. I know Inferno had one, just thought Nemmy had one too. Definitely something they should introduce next season then!