• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Quick Questions

Does anyone know anything about work experience opportunities at Alton towers? I have heard rumours about it but all websites don't mention it at all. So I guess all I can do is wait for a reply but I wanted to know if anyone had done it before or knew someone who had?

I've got two questions.

One, do we know of AT/Merlin have a look at Towersstreet forums to look at feedback for past/current seasons?

Two, is there anywhere we can talk about AT merchandise from past, future and present?

One, do we know of AT/Merlin have a look at Towersstreet forums to look at feedback for past/current seasons?
If they did then they'd look to rectify things such as presentation that we constantly tall about. The amount of posts about how dirty Smiler and Galactica look over the years. If Bianca has looked at Towers street then maybe we'll see the rides have a clean this winter who knows

Does anyone know anything about work experience opportunities at Alton towers? I have heard rumours about it but all websites don't mention it at all. So I guess all I can do is wait for a reply but I wanted to know if anyone had done it before or knew someone who had?

I did look into it myself in my teen years (about 14 years ago) and it wasn’t something they could offer (they recommended keeping an eye out for temporary jobs). I’ve never heard of anyone getting work experience there.

I've got two questions.

Two, is there anywhere we can talk about AT merchandise from past, future and present?

They don’t read forums to gain feedback in any official capacity. I think in the past some managers have read the forums, whether they do now is anyone’s guess.

There’s the Old Merchandise thread and the Alton Towers Merchandise thread to discuss any merch. If you’re looking for any other subjects to discuss in future use the forums search feature and it will show any existing relevant threads.

I emailed them about it a month ago, still haven't gotten a reply...

Is there a thread that can tell me when Passholder days are? I’m finding it difficult to juggle legoland, chessie and Thorpes Facebook pages.

I apologise if this is the wrong thread for this, but I’d be interested to know; what night rides would people most recommend doing at Alton Towers?

I only ask because I’m attending Alton After Dark on 23rd March, and despite having been to Alton Towers countless times over the years, I’ve never actually had the opportunity to do night rides at the park, as I’ve never attended Fireworks and the only visit I ever had to Scarefest was a flying visit of only a few hours in the morning.

I was thinking Wicker Man might be a good one to do at night, as we all love it and I’ve often heard that it’s an absolutely brilliant night ride. But other than that, I’m not too sure.

What night rides would people most recommend?

Nemesis is my favourite night ride, smiler is great but the marmaliser lights up a lot of the track, thirteen is probably the ride the most enhanced in the dark as I love the woods in the dark just watch out because the camera flash blinds you.
Wickerman is the most popular night ride and now the flames are back on its a spectacle at night, highly recommend, I'd say prioritize wickerman, nemesis and thirteen personally and if you can squeeze in anymore then do whatever you can.

All rides are great in the dark but I would highly recommend Wicker Man. Th13teen is good too for the outdoor section.

Nemesis will no doubt be great this year. I imagine there will be lots of effects and a lighting package around the ride for these night openings.

I apologise if this is the wrong thread for this, but I’d be interested to know; what night rides would people most recommend doing at Alton Towers?

I only ask because I’m attending Alton After Dark on 23rd March, and despite having been to Alton Towers countless times over the years, I’ve never actually had the opportunity to do night rides at the park, as I’ve never attended Fireworks and the only visit I ever had to Scarefest was a flying visit of only a few hours in the morning.

I was thinking Wicker Man might be a good one to do at night, as we all love it and I’ve often heard that it’s an absolutely brilliant night ride. But other than that, I’m not too sure.

You haven't done the Fireworks?! Get yourself some tickets for this year! If the Alton Manor segment was anything to go by in last year's one, this year's display should have a bl**dy good bit for Nemesis!

Best night rides:
1. Wicker man
2. Smiler
3. Nemesis
4. Th13teen
5. Rita
6. Oblivion
7. Galactica
Get the top 3 done for sure they are the best rides you have to do those ones in the dark. If you haven’t experienced the rides later in the day yet then be prepared for your best ever rides on the towers coasters because the top 3 in the dark are just on another level

I've just booked for us to go to an After Dark date.... technically it looks like it doesn't get dark till between 630-7pm which makes getting on all the rides a bit challenging if they close at 8pm?