• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Quick Questions

When I visited the Galactica gates to the car park were open. So logically finish the day in Forbidden Valley for re-rides on the mighty Blade.

Morning all - looked everywhere and cant find an answer - I've got a gold fast track for this week - and it looks like at least Enterprise will be closed on the day of visit - do you get to use the unused pass elsewhere

like Wickerman or Smiler twice :)

Going tomorrow, got the welcome email & it encourages you to book car parking online. When I go to book it won’t let you pick a date, just put standard parking into the basket then it looks like payment screen is next. Is dating your parking not needed? Just don’t want to pay now and it be presumed the parking is for today! Thanks

Going tomorrow, got the welcome email & it encourages you to book car parking online. When I go to book it won’t let you pick a date, just put standard parking into the basket then it looks like payment screen is next. Is dating your parking not needed? Just don’t want to pay now and it be presumed the parking is for today! Thanks

For standard parking it’s not date specific so it’s valid for any future date. For express parking you need to select a date since spaces are limited.

There are car park token machines in the entrance plaza, generally they're very quiet first thing so you could leave it until the morning if you wanted.

I'm surprised there isn't a machine or two at the car park monorail station for those people who still hadn't bought a token by the time they reached the car park.

Last edited:
Morning all - looked everywhere and cant find an answer - I've got a gold fast track for this week - and it looks like at least Enterprise will be closed on the day of visit - do you get to use the unused pass elsewhere

like Wickerman or Smiler twice :)

I think that is something you will need to ask Alton Towers. I expect the usual terms of availability of rides is not guaranteed will apply, but maybe they will give you something.

I thought there was, although on the entrance side of the car park station.
Now you say that, is there one next to the vending machines as soon as you enter the station before you walk up the ramp?

It would make sense to have one next to the toilets as that's where many head before going to their cars!

Being a passholder, I haven't needed to look for one for a couple of years, so there could be some dotted around and I haven't noticed!

Now you say that, is there one next to the vending machines as soon as you enter the station before you walk up the ramp?

Yes thats where I was thinking of.

It would make sense to have one next to the toilets as that's where many head before going to their cars!

I agree, I've always thought its strange they didn't have a machine you go past from the monorail exit or toilets area. Or even inside the queue to depart the entrance monorail.

These days all they really need is signs with a QR code so you can buy online. Easier for guests (no queuing at a machine) and much easier for the park.

As long as they retain an option to pay by cash somewhere (at the ticket office and Box Office for example) they can remove the need to have to buy and maintain machines.

I'm imagining it now. When someone just like me strolls in and start asking questions and annoying all the 'olds' who remember the old attractions. Just like I do now.
They don't annoy me mate! I had great experiences of the park in childhood and young adult years. I was chatting to my grandmother the other day about the war years and the building of the Severn Bridge, both of us thoroughly enjoy those conversations.

They don't annoy me mate! I had great experiences of the park in childhood and young adult years. I was chatting to my grandmother the other day about the war years and the building of the Severn Bridge, both of us thoroughly enjoy those conversations.
I'd never thought of it like that before. I was being somewhat sarcastic although I do feel I have got on several people's nerves since joining this forum probably because of my somewhat strange writing style and sense of humour. I ask my parents a lot about the park as they visited in the 90's and they say great things but neither are enthusiasts who would've played attention to the details. My dad even called Nemesis nevesis every time until only a few years ago and as a kid I would too. All I knew is a wanted to ride the big rides but couldn't. I like asking the questions to find out the real feeling and experiences of people rather than just written archives (as great as they are) about Alton Towers.

I was being somewhat sarcastic although I do feel I have got on several people's nerves since joining this forum probably because of my somewhat strange writing style and sense of humour.

I wouldn't worry about. You've never posted anything offensive as far as I'm aware so all good

I bought some fast track £5 off vouchers from eBay and just realized they need to be presented with an annual pass, are they quite strict with needing to show your annual pass, I wanted to treat me and my friend to a couple smiler fast tracks

I bought some fast track £5 off vouchers from eBay and just realized they need to be presented with an annual pass, are they quite strict with needing to show your annual pass, I wanted to treat me and my friend to a couple smiler fast tracks

Not sure about your question, but if the seller didn't make it clear that you needed a particular pass to be able to use the vouchers then I'd just get a refund off the seller.

Any idea if Enterprise will open again this season?
I would guess not. It goes down about this time every season and then returns a few weeks into the next season it's on its last legs but the park know they need it as it's literally there only thrill flat ride when the retro squad isn't present.

I would guess not. It goes down about this time every season and then returns a few weeks into the next season it's on its last legs but the park know they need it as it's literally there only thrill flat ride when the retro squad isn't present.
Bring back ripsaw and (unpopular opinion) submission!