• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Quick Questions

Hi all! Unfortunately I planned WAY in advance a trip on Thursday - I live pretty far away so haven’t been for about 10 years. Obviously things aren’t looking good with the storm. Would anyone know if a thunderstorm would shut all the rides? Just wondering how doomed I am!
Sadly paid for the hotel and even fast passes, which I’m feeling extra silly for now...

Hi all! Unfortunately I planned WAY in advance a trip on Thursday - I live pretty far away so haven’t been for about 10 years. Obviously things aren’t looking good with the storm. Would anyone know if a thunderstorm would shut all the rides? Just wondering how doomed I am!
Sadly paid for the hotel and even fast passes, which I’m feeling extra silly for now...
Hi, welcome to TowersStreet
Just checked BBC weather, yes that could be a problem. Worst case would be smaller rides and indoor rides unaffected so you could plan your day around that as it looks like an afternoon storm. If this happens then you will probably qualify for rainy day guarantee (free ticket back no fasttrack or hotel). I reckon Thursday will be quite quiet partly because schools are back and partly because the forecast will put some people off.

Last edited:
Hi, welcome to TowersStreet
Just checked BBC weather, yes that could be a problem. Worst case would be smaller rides and indoor rides unaffected so you could plan your day around that as it looks like an afternoon storm. If this happens then you will probably qualify for rainy day guarantee (free ticket back no fasttrack or hotel). I reckon Thursday will be quite quiet partly because schools are back and partly because the forecast will put some people off.
Thanks so much for your help, that sounds like a good plan! Fingers crossed the weather isn’t too dire - all I need is one ride on Nemmy tbh and I’d be satisfied!!

Thanks so much for your help, that sounds like a good plan! Fingers crossed the weather isn’t too dire - all I need is one ride on Nemmy tbh and I’d be satisfied!!

BBC Weather is notoriously pessimistic. They are forecasting "Thundery showers" from 2pm but in reality you will probably get a bit of rain and maybe an outage of ~1 hr on some rides if they're being cautious. At the moment looks as though yu will get a dry morning so I would get in the park early and make the most of it. And if it does rain, head straight to Nemesis - it's faster in the wet :)

BBC Weather is notoriously pessimistic. They are forecasting "Thundery showers" from 2pm but in reality you will probably get a bit of rain and maybe an outage of ~1 hr on some rides if they're being cautious. At the moment looks as though yu will get a dry morning so I would get in the park early and make the most of it. And if it does rain, head straight to Nemesis - it's faster in the wet :)
Thank you so much - this makes me feel a bit more optimistic! Fingers crossed I can get a few rainy rides in on Nemesis then :D

Some of my best days at the Towers have been the wet ones.
Shorter queues, faster rides, and I always take a brolly...that gets left in a handy bush when it stops raining, to be collected at the end of the day.

Some of my best days at the Towers have been the wet ones.
Shorter queues, faster rides, and I always take a brolly...that gets left in a handy bush when it stops raining, to be collected at the end of the day.

Me too! Best of all is when the forecast is rubbish, the park is empty and actually when you get there it's completely fine!

I did my first ride ever on the Smiler in a huge rainstorm though, that was really painful!

So true! I think I went on The Swarm 7 times in a row or something silly a few years ago because the weather was awful. Fingers crossed for rain and no thunder haha!
(Also Smiler in a storm!? Sounds equally painful and fun..)

So true! I think I went on The Swarm 7 times in a row or something silly a few years ago because the weather was awful. Fingers crossed for rain and no thunder haha!
(Also Smiler in a storm!? Sounds equally painful and fun..)

No, just painful! Like lots of little needles stabbing your face! Couldn't even keep my eyes open!

Be aware that the big rides may close an hour or so before the forecasted thunderstorm. They need enough time to empty everyone off before it arrives.

(P.S welcome to the forum by the way @Libby :))

Last edited:
Hi new here ☺️
I’m taking my 2 children on my own next week. We have fast past, I don’t think my biggest one (13) will be brave enough to go on the very biggest i.e nemesis. When we went to Drayton they were able to walk through with me and wait (near exit) whilst I went on single rider. Does anyone know if Alton Towers will allow this? Thank you

They will be able to walk through and out the exit and can then wait outside for you. Can’t wait actually at the exit but outside will be okay.

Depends how tall they are? If they're under 1.4m then they can't enter the queuelines for the bigger attractions, whether they intend to ride or not. If they're both over 1.4m then what @jon81uk said :)

Any idea if Enterprise will open again this season?

It could do. It was closed a lot over summer last year but did reopen just before Scarefest for the last few weeks of last season.

It had this season, up until it closed about a month ago, been more reliable than in previous seasons. It was due its annual downtime.

Quick questions hope someone can answer.....

Are the park doing ERT for Pass Holders at the min (i know last year they were suspended)?

Also what is the price to reactivate your Coke Freestyle Refill this year and do we still get annual pass discount as I still have mine from last year?

Going to park a week on Friday so just thought I'd ask.

Cheers

Sorry if this is the wrong topic for this, but out of curiosity, what sort of throughput does the monorail attain these days?

TowersStreet’s page has its theoretical pegged at 4,100pph, but based on the current batching system and the length of the queues in the morning nowadays, I can only assume it’s somewhat lower. Am I correct to make this assumption?