• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Quick Questions

I know onride videos or pictures are not accepted on most alton towers rides, but can anyone please tell me if I'm allowed to at the preshow for wickerman and on the gangsta granny ride?

On Wicker Man all loose articles have to he put in the baggage hold before the preshow, so no you can't really film in the preshow. There's no need to anyway as there are already videos of it on YouTube from when it first opened.

I wouldn’t say there is anything stopping you film the wicker man preshow, however your video would probably look rubbish due to the amount of people in there with you/talking. Plus there’s loads of videos of it online and plenty from the press event when the ride opened.

As for Gangsta granny, filming is not permitted on the ride I don’t believe.

Question about the refill cups for the freestyle machines. If i’ve got a thorpe park refill cup can i bring it to towers to reactivate and will it work at towers?

Is there any where to reactivate freestyle cups in or around forbidden valley - planning on entering through the hotel entrance :)
Pretty sure there is, or at least i seem to remember their being a place where you can buy a refill cup like opposite the rollercoaster restaurant. Not sure if you can reactivate it there but there was a vending machine to buy a cup and a freestyle machine im pretty sure.

Haven't been able to find a definitive answer for this and the AT/Merlin ops are closed for the day.

My ATAP expires today and I've been emailed an offer to renew it at £89. Does anyone know how long the renewal offer lasts for? It doesn't mention it in the email. I've seen historical posts which say you have a 30 day grace period for a MAP, but nothing for this season and an ATAP specifically.

Shame there's no upgrade path between ATAP and MAP but there you go!

Cheers in advance!

Haven't been able to find a definitive answer for this and the AT/Merlin ops are closed for the day.

My ATAP expires today and I've been emailed an offer to renew it at £89. Does anyone know how long the renewal offer lasts for? It doesn't mention it in the email. I've seen historical posts which say you have a 30 day grace period for a MAP, but nothing for this season and an ATAP specifically.

Shame there's no upgrade path between ATAP and MAP but there you go!

Cheers in advance!

You might be able to upgrade between an AT pass and a Merlin pass if you do it in person at the park, but its been a long time since I had a pass so not sure.

Anybody know where I can redeem my Merlin Platinum Pass free Freestyle cup please? Already asked at Mutiny Bay Shoppe and Katanga Cargo and have been told I can’t redeem it at either of those. Thanks!

Hi, I know July is always rammed with school trips during the week. Does anyone know when this usually ends? My children break up on Tues 25th and was thinking of taking them on the 27th (Thurs), will it still be busy with school trips or do you think they will have finished by then?

Hi, I know July is always rammed with school trips during the week. Does anyone know when this usually ends? My children break up on Tues 25th and was thinking of taking them on the 27th (Thurs), will it still be busy with school trips or do you think they will have finished by then?

They will have finished by then.