• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Random Memories

I remember the Magic Show in the Land of Make Believe Theatre which I think featured a cameo from Henry Hound?

My memory says the finale was all the actors getting into a box, the sides dropped down and they had disappeared from the stage and were on a balcony at the back of the theatre waving. I’m sure I haven’t made this up!

My memory says the finale was all the actors getting into a box, the sides dropped down and they had disappeared from the stage and were on a balcony at the back of the theatre waving. I’m sure I haven’t made this up!

Are you sure that wasn't Russ Stevens BPPB Mystique? At Alton, they might have done the same magic finally as Mystique. From memory, they also did the broom stick levitation in the show.

I remember when they had the circus tent there (where CBeebies land is now) and you could go and watch the show in the evening when all the rides closed.

I sure that I once remember seeing Henry hound in the circus show, he was standing on a large trapeze swing, he would let go and do a 360 manoeuvre around the swing with only his feet still attached to the swing as if by magic :eek:

I also remember the Thunderbirds puppets on display, this was round the back, in-between Hex disable entrance the Cuckoo cars Driving school is now.

I have a recollection of the 3D film "hitting" you in the face with a hockey stick. My mum screamed that caused a weird Mexican Wave of other people jumping at her scream.

Seem to remember it being a a weird mix of matches being lit, things coming at you and minis being driven at you. Is that right or is my memory broken?

I'd imagine there was, I remember it being a kind of mash of things happening but the specifics are a bit sketchy.

Another memory was me distracting my mum and she crashed into the car in front of us just before the car park. There was about 7 of them in the car but only 5 could claim whiplash. We akwardly bumped into them outside Nemesis and the black hole.

It only dawned on me a few years ago that we should have bought their on ride photo to send to the insurers.

I have a recollection of the 3D film "hitting" you in the face with a hockey stick. My mum screamed that caused a weird Mexican Wave of other people jumping at her scream.

Seem to remember it being a a weird mix of matches being lit, things coming at you and minis being driven at you. Is that right or is my memory broken?

Those were what I called proper 3D films, where everything was filmed in a way to create the illusion that the objects rlook like they really came right out of the screen.

That'll be because the vast majority of so-called "3D" films are not actually shot in 3D. ;)

I think we're getting some 3D Cinema and Cine 2000 memories mixed up!

Does anyone remember the orange chalk outline of a body at the bottom of Oblivion? I think it was on the grass near fried chicken and co.

I can't say I remember that one. I doubt they'll ever do a stunt like that again though!

Thinking about Oblivion... I will never forget how it said "Don't look down" for every train. Be nice if they bought that back one day.

I heard it last year being played in amongst the music track, might have been at Scarefest but not out of the speakers at the top since Mr & Mrs Misery complained

Am I mistaken or was there not a sequel to the CCL show before Go-Go-Go took over?
if I remember rightly, it was more focused on that pink bird and fast snail rather than Snorlax, I cant remember Lucy appearing in it and it featured the chef character from the Sir Algernon story as the antagonist...

I want to say it was in 2012 but I'm positive that Go-Go-Go took over in 2011 as I never watched it and since I ALWAYS watched the shows at Towers, I can safely assume that Go-Go-Go was 2011, the issue here, is that I distinctly remember watching the original CCL show in both 2009 and 2010, so how can it be in 2010?

Anyone else remember this?

Go Go Go show was ruddy awful lol. I recall one before it, on ice where the guy at the end fell onto a sword. That was much better!

Webmaster on Ice? I thought that was awful! The Circus Ice show that replaced it was much better I thought.

Before the Go Go Go Show (how long before I don’t know), there was ATTV in the CCL theatre. I remember it being like a TV game show where they’d get kids up on stage to take part in tasks, then someone would get gunged at the end.

For nostalgia’s sake here are the shows over the years in the Tablot Street/ Land of Make Believe / Cred St / Cloud Cuckoo Land Theatre.

1981-1992: Fantastic Fountains
1993-1996: Magic Show
1997-1999: No show
2000-2002: Barney
2003-2005: The Tweenies
2006: Bob the Builder
2007: ATTV
2008: The Wonders of Algenon’s Attic
2008 (Scarefest): The Hauting of Sir Algenon’s Attic
2009-2010: The Wonderful World of Cloud Cuckoo Land
2011: The Go! Go! Go! Show
2012-2016: Ice Age 4D Experience