• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Red Dwarf

Hmmm... Fathers And Suns wasn't quite as funny as Trojan, but it was still a good solid episode.
There were elements of Queeg in there, as well as a nice homage to The Last Day, with a traffic cone next to Lister when he woke up.

I love how they have used random every day objects to build the set, just like classic Dwarf. I spotted the rear casings of some old CRT monitors, as well as a whole load of Ikea Dioder lights :p

The preview of next week seems to be a combination of Meltdown and Rimmerworld.

I thought Fathers and Suns was one of their straight episodes. Not as funny as the first, but did play with the paradox created in Ouroboros. Which made it an interesting character episode.

The computer ( Pree) part of it seemed to be a mix of Queeg and Cassandra but instead of predicting the future, it predicted the crew behaviour. that had a really believable feel to it. the dialogue with Pree did have a feeling of the dialogue with Cassandra.

I could go on but it is too late now to carry on.

Diogo, Its nice to see they have kept the old recycle objects and use everyday stuff to build and dress the sets.

I'm certainly impressed that they referenced past episodes, thereby adding continuity to the episode. I enjoyed this week's episode, but not as much as last week's. Hopefully, next week's will be better.

Ah, of course. I was thinking of Cassandra while watching, but forgot to mention it by the time I came to write that.

I hope this "recycle old plot ideas" doesn't become a feature in every episode. Back To Earth was a botched retelling of Back to Reality, and as I said, next week seems to have elements of old shows as well.

By the way, I love that they still have VHS tapes! Just a shame they aren't triangular.

Series X has been really good so far, much better than the ill-concieved Back to earth.
I must say though, i'm not sure on the little "Next time" clips at the end of each episode, something like that works well with a Drama series, but with comedy its like a film trailer; they only show the best/funniest bits, I would've probably laughed at the Jesus gag when I watch it tomorrow, although it just wont be funny now, because i've seen it over 10 times already. I hope the upcoming episode has enough strong jokes to make up for the fact that one of the (seemingly) best jokes has already been shown to Red Dwarfs entire audience.

^^ Yeah kind of agree, I deliberately have not watched the preview for episode three. I can't say I remember them using many of the stronger gags in the previews for the others but it'll be nice going into episode 3 totally fresh. :)

I didn't enjoy episode 2 as much as the 1st but it was still good. Rimmer and Kryten choosing the appearance of the new computer was classic dwarf.

''Breast size; I'll choose the first option 30A!''
''HANG ON!''

:D

I'm loving the continuity with classic Dwarf. Rimmer switches to softlight mode, and his uniform turns red... <3

Though there are still a few flamingo-ups: going back to last weeks episode, Rimmer's parents were from the Church of Judas? What happened to them being Seventh Day Advent Hopists?

Entangled had the slight feeling of Quarantine about it. going to a space station/outpost, finding someone in stasis.

The quantum entanglement reminded me of the luck virus. with everything falling into place in front of them.

then there was the little bit of Emohawk: Polymorph II in it with the Gelf thing. except instead of Lister marital status it was the ownership of Rimmer and the safety of Lister family duels.

kryten heat outlet is in a interesting and funny place ;D

Continuity within the cannon of Red Dwarf is a bit hit and miss, but that part of RD charm. and it drives the RD nuts mad. :)

All the episodes so far have harked back to past plots in some ways. It's odd, but somehow I think that helps the new show feel familiar.

Mind you, there are only about five different plots for Star Trek episodes, and look how many of those there have been! :p

Seems hard to believe there's only 2 more episodes to go, it has flown by after such a long wait for this series. Here's hoping that the high ratings and return to form have convinced Dave to consider a Red Dwarf 11.

Episode 4 was quite funny, H&amp;S fail! It's rimmer, you would expect such a thing to happen to him haha