• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Resort Hotels

As a smoker myself I still found the smell of that bar intolerable when full of people and it made me want to leave and certainly didn't make me want to smoke myself. It's just a very unpleasant lingering smell which won't go away. The new smoking rooms are the best way to handle this issue, although I'd still prefer to go outside.

There's also a small section in the back corner of Collesseo bar (in a separate room) which offers full views of the park and seemed to be empty the last time we went. Much nicer than the horrid smells of Buena Vista in my opinion.

Has any more been heard about the potential TipiDorf hotel? I adore the Western theme and thought this was the next hotel to be built, but now I see the Skandinavian hotel confirmed..

I haven't heard anything but I'd imagine the hotel to go with the new waterpark has overtaken it in terms of resort development priorities.

I doubt there would be another hotel after that until 2020 at the earliest. Pure speculation on my part though!

:)

Okay :( I mean I get that Europa are totally psyched about their new proposals :( but ya know :( I really like TipiDorf but prefer to stay in a hotel... So :( I just thought :( they might put together that Western themed hotel :(.

I'm cool with that. :(

:'(

Okay :( I mean I get that Europa are totally psyched about their new proposals :( but ya know :( I really like TipiDorf but prefer to stay in a hotel... So :( I just thought :( they might put together that Western themed hotel :(.

I'm cool with that. :(

:'(

Something makes me think that the lack of a Western themed hotel upsets you, but I can't quite put my finger on why!

Trust in Roland. And I thought the Scandinavian themed area of the park was your favourite! :p

I think long term they may be looking at two hotels up at the waterpark and a hotel around Tipidorf.

Okay.

Thanks.

:(

You're right in saying the Scandinavian themed area is my favourite... But it's no Western theme! I adore that more :p

I hope we see something in the next few years :)

Reactions: Rob
Oh dear, my apolgies! My I recommend you get a PortAventura annual pass instead to satisfy your Western needs! :p

Anyone would think you had an obsession with rugged men riding horses, Saz...

DAAAAAAMN!!! BUSTED!! ;)

In seriousness I think it stems from having lived next to American Adventure since I was a wee little Sazzle. I miss it so :(!

I also believe that Europa would far surpass the magnificent Gold River at PortAventura. Gold River is beautiful and luxurious, but EP would no doubt do it better!

N'awwww. Well at least you were local to the place, some of us never got to go there. :(

I think with the water park hotel, and a possible extention to Tipidorf, they really need to start looking in to a better transport system for the wider resort. Each new hotel is getting further away from the park. If they are smart, they will make it something that can be expanded easily, and is useful for the town of whole Rust, not just park guests. (I mean, an extensive monorail system is just perfect for a small town, we all learnt that in The Simpsons...)

Gold River is beautiful and luxurious.

But is made of polystyrene.

;)

Just thought I would share this video I came across on Facebook (I have no idea who Fred Tavel is and have no connections with them) -

Some nice images of the Suites are nice, I quite like the look at the Maranello Suite now.

Ian

Gold River is beautiful and luxurious.

But is made of polystyrene.

;)

Really? I'd say that the standard of theming at Gold River and general quality of the hotel is easily up there with Europa and is only surpassed by Bell Rock which I've never had the pleasure of actually staying in.

Really? I'd say that the standard of theming at Gold River and general quality of the hotel is easily up there with Europa and is only surpassed by Bell Rock which I've never had the pleasure of actually staying in.

Gold River is a fantastic hotel and I loved staying there. The outdoor 'streets' and theming are especially good. However the main building is nowhere near at the same level as EP hotels. It is very nice but does not have the same level of detailed theming that you find in EP's hotels. It's a bit blander I suppose.

As I said though, it is fantastic and a great place to stay!

Go to the Opera restaurant.

Tap the columns.

;)

I do feel that the Europa have the better hotels in terms of detail.

Gold River is stunning in its concept and exterior execution (the pool area beats ANYTHING Europa have to offer, by far!) but the bedrooms have much more detail in, for example, Hotel Colosseo. There's isn't a lot to be said for the main building bedrooms of Gold River other than they are spacious and clean, with minimalist decoration.

If Europa ever manage something as beautiful as the exterior "town" of Gold a River then I absolutely might just melt into a puddle :hearteyes:

I do think you're nit picking somewhat but I'll take your word for it.

On that subject I love the Opera Restaurant :)
I do nit pick.

Gold River is lovely, by the way.

But when you've eaten at Ammolite it's not likely I'll ever eat anywhere better in theme park resort.

Not unless you can get into Club 33. I'm surprised Disney hasn't pushed that to get a Michelin star but then maybe part of the criteria is it has to be open to the public.