• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Access Pass and Disabled Access - 2024 Discussion

If they want to do it that way that's fine but then it should just be a simple calculation of main queue time - RAP queue time. I think a lot of these numbers are just pulled out of their er ... posteriors.

They should also be preventing anyone from joining the RAP queue until they are timed out because otherwise you could be double-queuing knowing that your timeout will expire by the time you get to the ride platform. But I'm not sure if they have the staff for that.

Curious to see what happens in March and how aggressively they choose to cap numbers.

Indeed. Let’s hope things work better main season or it’s gonna be another mad RAP queue fest

If they want to do it that way that's fine but then it should just be a simple calculation of main queue time - RAP queue time. I think a lot of these numbers are just pulled out of their er ... posteriors.

They should also be preventing anyone from joining the RAP queue until they are timed out because otherwise you could be double-queuing knowing that your timeout will expire by the time you get to the ride platform. But I'm not sure if they have the staff for that.

Curious to see what happens in March and how aggressively they choose to cap numbers.
There were some parents getting 15 min lockout on the night garden ride and by the time they get off just running around and doing it again as the timer was up right away

Went to Legoland today, I don’t think there’s anything to be read into this but they didn’t have slots for SkyLion, it was regular access like all the other rides (which i've never seen happen before).

Major caveat was it’s the quietest I’ve ever seen the park. Most rides were walk-on and we only actually used RAP once so I’m assuming they temporarily disabled the timed slots. Interestingly this was visible immediately at 10am meaning they obviously have a very clear idea of what the daily attendance will be in advance.

Last edited:
From the MAP disability Facebook group, another email has been sent out;

IMG-20240229-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20240229-WA0005.jpg

This confirms that Nemmy will be getting separate ambulant and non ambulant entrances, which is great! Interestingly, this will be the same for Hex too.

Last edited:
If quiet hours at sea life means no ghost of the sea then they should make it permanent.

Really hoping ambulant RAP on Hex doesn't mean main queue relegated to waiting in an unthemed cattle pen outside. Would be a massive downgrade to the overall experience if so.

Last edited:
I still haven't received either of these emails which seems odd (i have in the past).

Curious as to how 2 RAP queues will be enforced too when 1 will obviously be significantly shorter than the other on a ride like Nemesis.

That email certainly suggests they are capping RAP tickets as it says it aligns with resort capacity.

Seems problematic to introduce it after they've put tickets on-sale. Not so bad if you're MAP and can at least cancel your tickets (and they haven't cost you anything) but there will potentially be people who have booked for opening day at AT which seems like it will be very busy and subsequently can't get a RAP (or even be aware of the new system seeing as the email isn't being widely distributed as of yet). Not to mention accommodation costs.

I still haven't received either of these emails which seems odd (i have in the past).

Curious as to how 2 RAP queues will be enforced too when 1 will obviously be significantly shorter than the other on a ride like Nemesis.
Ambulant RAP will probably enter next to the main entrance, and non-ambulant RAP via the exit, so they'll be in separate places. I'd expect signage to be added as well.

Edit: booking links are below (from 2nd March);

Legoland - https://www.legoland.co.uk/?promocode=prebookrap
Chessington - https://www.chessington.com/?promocode=prebookrap
Thorpe Park - https://www.thorpepark.com/?promocode=prebookrap
Alton Towers - https://www.altontowers.com/?promocode=prebookrap

Ambulant RAP will probably enter next to the main entrance, and non-ambulant RAP via the exit, so they'll be in separate places. I'd expect signage to be added as well.

Oh i'm sure, i just meant if people deliberately or otherwise use the wrong entrance it's not likely staff are going to question their right to be there and the cynic in me expects there will be people who will abuse the system.

Also does this now mean loading will be merging FOUR queues?

There are already 2 RAP entrances on Galactica, Smiler and Rita. Do they have major issues on any of those rides?

Oh really? I've not been on any of those (and wrongly assumed this was a new concept). I have read of and observed Rita having terrible RAP queues.

Oh i'm sure, i just meant if people deliberately or otherwise use the wrong entrance it's not likely staff are going to question their right to be there and the cynic in me expects there will be people who will abuse the system.

Also does this now mean loading will be merging FOUR queues?
Three; Main, ambulant RAP and Fastrack. Wheelchairs will load separately from the exit as usual.

Really hoping ambulant RAP on Hex doesn't mean main queue relegated to waiting in an unthemed cattle pen outside. Would be a massive downgrade to the overall experience if so.
That sounds like it could be the case I'm afraid. Main queue would use the cattlepen and Fastrack/ambulant RAP would enter next to it, and Wheelchairs would use the door opposite Driving School as usual.

That's still four "queues" of people the staff need to account for though when loading (unless the three listed have a merge point like on WickerMan).
I imagine they would use a similar merge point to where Nemesis used before for Fastrack, which was down in the pit near to the station just before going up the steps. Fastrack and RAP could merge there, and then they could join the main queue after ascending the stairs.

Are there any restrictions where ambulant RAP can sit?

Before RAP was a thing, on Nemesis disabled guests boarded from the exit and there could only be a maximum of 2 per train on the back row, and if there was a breakdown we had to notify the operator so extra assistance could be arranged. I am guessing there is no restriction to where or how many ambulant RAP are on a train?