• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Access Pass and Disabled Access - 2024 Discussion

The whole things a mess, no doubt there's 100s of people who've booked hotel stays throughout the year back in January/February completely unaware of this new booking system.
What Towers should do once the cap is in place is hold back a small number of RAP slots for those people to claim on the day, instead of breaching the cap to give it to them. Or send emails out to those who have booked informing them of the new system.

What Towers should do once the cap is in place is hold back a small number of RAP slots for those people to claim on the day, instead of breaching the cap to give it to them. Or send emails out to those who have booked informing them of the new system.
There’s no way to know if it’s people who genuinely forgot or weren’t aware, and people who chance it on the day. They need to stick to their own rules like the other parks do

There’s no way to know if it’s people who genuinely forgot or weren’t aware, and people who chance it on the day. They need to stick to their own rules like the other parks do
also you might get people who pretend they don't know anything about the new system in hopes of getting one on the day

Decided to cancel our booking for CWOA tomorrow as it looks too windy to risk. Was fairly easy to cancel via Live Chat on the site, though that's only available between 10-4pm so limited use for people trying to get a last minute slot and i also doubt many people will bother as beyond morals there doesn't seem to be any incentive to do so. They definitely need to implement the cancellation into the booking portal.

On the plus side, i can see the site updated in real time as my slots for tomorrow are now available so hopefully people do the right thing. I can see all the parks are increasingly booked up weeks ahead.

Apparently DAS access pass usage has tripled in Disney parks over the last five years too so they are also tightening up the rules for entitlement and for WDW it will need to be applied for online in advance too. The tweet below is the first in a thread with all the details.

From: https://x.com/scottgustin/status/1777730789133648380?s=46

Sounds good. I'd heard they were at the point in the US that people were openly advertising they had the passes and renting themselves out to people for the day.

The whole things a mess, no doubt there's 100s of people who've booked hotel stays throughout the year back in January/February completely unaware of this new booking system.
What they should have done is finished with the old system and have people reapply with the new rules in place. That way there could be no complaints about "not knowing" about having to pre book your day. Because now as you say there will be hundreds of people unaware....

Sounds good. I'd heard they were at the point in the US that people were openly advertising they had the passes and renting themselves out to people for the day.
That was a lot more prevalent over ten years ago and they “fixed” it once before by adding the return time system and separating wheelchairs into the main queue. Not to say they have come out again with DAS users selling themselves as a “VIP” queue jump guides, but with the return times enforced I don’t think it’s as big a problem.

That was a lot more prevalent over ten years ago and they “fixed” it once before by adding the return time system and separating wheelchairs into the main queue. Not to say they have come out again with DAS users selling themselves as a “VIP” queue jump guides, but with the return times enforced I don’t think it’s as big a problem.
IMG_0009.jpeg

They have the same problems as we do at Merlin. It’s not people who need it, its people who qualify for it (whatever way possible).

I mean if you have severe IBS would you want to be stuck in a toilet-less queue for a length of time? It's not necessarily a disability to the level of some things but can be very problematic in other forms for sufferers.

That is not abusing the system. Abuse consists of shouting at park staff for trying to implement the rules, hoarding cards/wristbands to use multiple times, pimping yourself to rich families or feigning a disability/illness to qualify for something you don't need.

To play devils argument. If someone with a valid RAP (and has it for legit reasons) is allowed to take 3 people on the ride with them. Isn't it up to them who they take with them. If they decide to 'pimp' themselves to others who decide it works out cheaper then paying Merlin/Disney for their official fastpass. ie a RAP uses charges the group £50 each for the day instead of paying Merlin £10 per ride. Now I'm not talking about the morality of that. However as far as I can tell non of that is against the rules of RAP. The RAP user is allowed to take 3 guests on with them. There are no rules about them being related (or even friends) the can choose whichever 3 people by whatever criteria they decide. So again if people don't like that, thats the rules of the 'game' over the 'player' utilising them to their best advantage.

BTW: I'm deliberately being a bit provocative with the comment above as part of this debate, I'm NO WAY saying people SHOULD do that I'm just saying there is NOTHING to say they CAN'T

To play devils argument. If someone with a valid RAP (and has it for legit reasons) is allowed to take 3 people on the ride with them. Isn't it up to them who they take with them. If they decide to 'pimp' themselves to others who decide it works out cheaper then paying Merlin/Disney for their official fastpass. ie a RAP uses charges the group £50 each for the day instead of paying Merlin £10 per ride. Now I'm not talking about the morality of that. However as far as I can tell non of that is against the rules of RAP. The RAP user is allowed to take 3 guests on with them. There are no rules about them being related (or even friends) the can choose whichever 3 people by whatever criteria they decide. So again if people don't like that, thats the rules of the 'game' over the 'player' utilising them to their best advantage.

BTW: I'm deliberately being a bit provocative with the comment above as part of this debate, I'm NO WAY saying people SHOULD do that I'm just saying there is NOTHING to say they CAN'T
Ah, the old "You're just paying me for my time, whatever happens during that time is between two consenting adults" defence.

I'd wager somewhere in the T&Cs that effectively "reselling" that to other customers would be breaking some rule.
Selling your RAP card, probably yes, against the rules. I'm thinking the legit RAP user still goes on the ride, but 3 non RAP people pay them to go with them

Your carer is meant to be to support your needs, I suppose if you have genuine care needs and are willing to have a complete stranger meet those then fair enough but I’m not sure I would be comfortable with that.

I mean if you have severe IBS would you want to be stuck in a toilet-less queue for a length of time? It's not necessarily a disability to the level of some things but can be very problematic in other forms for sufferers.

That is not abusing the system. Abuse consists of shouting at park staff for trying to implement the rules, hoarding cards/wristbands to use multiple times, pimping yourself to rich families or feigning a disability/illness to qualify for something you don't need.
Yep the only other time it could be abuse if you are getting a return time for something with an hours wait but then still joining another hour long wait in standby, despite stating you can't wait that long.
I do understand the situation with families with neurodiverse children who can't wait longer times and they might use shorter 20 minute waits to occupy them until the longer wait return time comes up, that makes sense to me. But getting a return time for an hour long wait and then standing in another hour long wait feels different.

IBS doesn't usually mean you need the toilet all the time. Even so if you're giving passes out on the basis of that then pretty much any woman who has given birth will qualify.

Your carer is meant to be to support your needs, I suppose if you have genuine care needs and are willing to have a complete stranger meet those then fair enough but I’m not sure I would be comfortable with that.
They don't actually say in the terms they have to provide care or support