• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Access Pass Systems and Disabled Access (pre 2024)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
With the continued 'success' of the RAP scheme and its wider adoption, are there any thoughts about how effective it now is? It's clear there is a level of abuse, but how much I think is quite difficult to say. This weekend, a friend of mine (who is eligible for RAP) texted me saying that the RAP queue for Wicker Man reached around 25 mins.

What continues to puzzle me is that if RAP users currently have to wait 25 mins on a busy day in the RAP line, why can't they wait 20 mins in the standby line on a quiet day?

The system seems highly flawed, but I don't have an alternative (other than scrap it entirely...) - it seems to be something that works well up to a certain point, but it clearly doesn't scale and we must have reached that point where its popularity means its no longer effective for people who need it most?

With the continued 'success' of the RAP scheme and its wider adoption, are there any thoughts about how effective it now is? It's clear there is a level of abuse, but how much I think is quite difficult to say. This weekend, a friend of mine (who is eligible for RAP) texted me saying that the RAP queue for Wicker Man reached around 25 mins.

What continues to puzzle me is that if RAP users currently have to wait 25 mins on a busy day in the RAP line, why can't they wait 20 mins in the standby line on a quiet day?

The system seems highly flawed, but I don't have an alternative (other than scrap it entirely...) - it seems to be something that works well up to a certain point, but it clearly doesn't scale and we must have reached that point where its popularity means its no longer effective for people who need it most?

Whilst there are people who can cope in the main queues for that amount of time, for others it's the layout/design of the queue line that is the issue.

you are right about it's not being as effective as it should be for those who need it now, there's a reason a substantial number of V.I.Ps moved over from rap because rap was no longer suitable (such as Myself but for slightly different reasons).

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

@ihaveaspergers Quite, plus equally you will have someone in a wheelchair who has no issue being in a queue of any length bar the fact they are unable to navigate stairs and steep gradients in their chair.

Again, the one size fits all nature of the product is its undoing.

*VIP Passholders

@ihaveaspergers Quite, plus equally you will have someone in a wheelchair who has no issue being in a queue of any length bar the fact they are unable to navigate stairs and steep gradients in their chair.

Again, the one size fits all nature of the product is its undoing.

*VIP Passholders
*it's pretty obvious by now what is meant by that acronym.

I was at towers yesterday and had to queue up at guest services for some complimentary fast tracks

I honestly cannot believe the amount of people getting the red wristbands....and i thought the exact same thing myself....why can you queue here for at least 30 minutes when you're unable to queue

When we was walking up to the fast track merge point on the rapids a bloke in front of us had a rap wristband on and a person in the queue asked what it was....he said he had epilepsy....now why is somebody with epilepsy entitled to rap?

And also what's the limit of guests who can ride with somebody with a wristband?

I find it a seriously flawed system and in all honesty it winds me up and i think some people must be taking P##@ to be honest

Last edited:
I really don't understand why the people who have bought the VIP pass purely because of the flawed RAP system have done so. Surely if a company isn't providing a suitable system for your needs (be it mental health, physical health, whatever), the answer isn't to fork out hundreds more pounds to buy into a completely separate system that on paper caters more towards those needs. Wouldn't the logical reaction be to complain, or even boycott? It clearly doesn't show any particular care from the company towards people who genuinely need to use the RAP.

And then you've got parks which don't have any sort of disabled access system for rides. Europa-Park springs to mind. What do you do there? Grin and bear the queues?

Genuinely interested to know. :)

I really don't understand why the people who have bought the VIP pass purely because of the flawed RAP system have done so. Surely if a company isn't providing a suitable system for your needs (be it mental health, physical health, whatever), the answer isn't to fork out hundreds more pounds to buy into a completely separate system that on paper caters more towards those needs. Wouldn't the logical reaction be to complain, or even boycott? It clearly doesn't show any particular care from the company towards people who genuinely need to use the RAP.

And then you've got parks which don't have any sort of disabled access system for rides. Europa-Park springs to mind. What do you do there? Grin and bear the queues?

You have to keep in mind this is after years of complaining in some cases.

Fantasy IsIsland doesn't have such a system either.

Problem is though, if anyone, regardless of the nature of their disability, has the RAP band but uses the main queue and the staff spot it, they will be told to wait for a few trains to go then be put in the RAP seats.

Fantasy IsIsland doesn't have such a system either.

Problem is though, if anyone, regardless of the nature of their disability, has the RAP band but uses the main queue a d the staff spot it, they will be told to wait for a few trains to go then be put in the RAP seats.
And if you managed to get seated and restraints locked before they notice they will deTrain you.

And if you managed to get seated and restraints locked before they notice they will deTrain you.

Exactly, Which is time consuming and very embarrassing the the RAP user. They need to review and refine the system.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.