• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Access Pass Systems and Disabled Access (pre 2024)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Then again, if you have an incredibly limited amount of RAP users on park, it's less of an issue.
Yeah I agree that strictly limiting the number of RAP users each day would be a good idea. The park would just have to make sure that the info is easily finable so people can't complain that "I didn't know we had to book RAP now" and such though.

If you decline provision because of a ratio, that is still ( I think) considered discriminatory.
Blackpool had issues with the Big One regarding this on the tv series didn't it?

Then again, if you have an incredibly limited amount of RAP users on park, it's less of an issue.

You still need those places to go to those who actually need it though. You still need to remove the demand so those that don't need it don't take the places.

It just moves the problem. Limit it and suddenly you have people going to the press complaining about being locked out of visiting.

I think shifting toward a virtual queueing system (that can be adaptable, accounting for breakdowns/ride closures) would work better that cuts out the 'free Fastrack' usage those abuse at the moment.

I think the issue is more that Alton Towers/Merlin has created an easily exploited system. If it operated properly, then it's unlikely those who abuse it would even bother using the RAP system.

Merlin should never have endorsed the various Annual Passholder Facebook groups. The information of how to get RAP was far too readily available. The new setup should help in time reducing the amount of false RAP claims but the damage is done

BPB had an IDENTICAL paper based RAP system and doesn’t have a problem

Just a question about the RAP application and registration process, I’ve applied for a card for my son and I’ve had the email back from Merlin telling my that the application has been processed and it gives me the ID number.

It then tells me to go through to the Access Card website with the information on linking the Ride Access Pass with Merlin and then directs me to the MAP site whereby I fill in the details for the RAP card. But once I complete this section does the RAP get posted to me or do I have the option to pick it up from Guest Services at a park? We are visiting Thorpe next Monday and it will be the first time using RAP so I’m just a bit unsure of the whole process.

Just a question about the RAP application and registration process, I’ve applied for a card for my son and I’ve had the email back from Merlin telling my that the application has been processed and it gives me the ID number.

It then tells me to go through to the Access Card website with the information on linking the Ride Access Pass with Merlin and then directs me to the MAP site whereby I fill in the details for the RAP card. But once I complete this section does the RAP get posted to me or do I have the option to pick it up from Guest Services at a park? We are visiting Thorpe next Monday and it will be the first time using RAP so I’m just a bit unsure of the whole process.
Which park website did you apply for it through? If you applied via Towers' site you pick it up from Guest Services at Towers.

Which park website did you apply for it through?

That’s a good question, I’m not actually sure. It could have been from a link on the Thorpe or Chessington website (I can’t recall which) but then I went through to a generic RAP application page, and then today I got the acceptance email and the links from that just took me through to the MAP page to complete the process. I thought at some point I’d get the option to select which attraction I wanted to pick it up from but I didn’t. However I’ve just had an email from both Chessington and Legoland confirming my Reserve & Ride order so I’m not confused as to what’s going on with it.

That’s a good question, I’m not actually sure. It could have been from a link on the Thorpe or Chessington website (I can’t recall which) but then I went through to a generic RAP application page, and then today I got the acceptance email and the links from that just took me through to the MAP page to complete the process. I thought at some point I’d get the option to select which attraction I wanted to pick it up from but I didn’t. However I’ve just had an email from both Chessington and Legoland confirming my Reserve & Ride order so I’m not confused as to what’s going on with it.

Yeah I've just seen this form and it's different from when I applied last year. I think you can collect it from any park's guest services/accessibility hub, just show them your confirmation email and they'll print the card.

Question about using the various "rap" systems in Europe

Is the Nimbus card accepted across most parks in Europe or do you need to do other things to use there version of Ride Access, for example, Parc Asterix wants you to have a disability card

Thanks in advance

Question about using the various "rap" systems in Europe

Is the Nimbus card accepted across most parks in Europe or do you need to do other things to use there version of Ride Access, for example, Parc Asterix wants you to have a disability card

Thanks in advance
You need to check each park's own websites for information on what's accepted, as their requirements vary so widely. Nimbus is a UK company though, so it's unlikely to be recognised or accepted in Europe. If you put the park name plus accessibility into Google then you're pretty likely to get the info for each park.

Well, this was unexpected but a nice surprise! The exit on Oblivion is now for wheelchairs only, with ambulant RAP now using the Fastrack entrance.

IMG-20230909-WA0004.jpg

From the MAP Additional Needs Facebook Group.

I mean the majority of X Sector is inclined and unsuitable for less ambulant guests.

Smiler also in the same boat as the ambulant disabled queue involves stairs.

It'll be a massive improvement as should stop the exit from becoming way too blocked up.

So are RAP & FT combined right through to boarding or do they split one off into the old SRQ? Potentially an issue with long FT wait times if they've combined them.

I'd imagine the main winners here will be wheelchair users as they'll now have near-immediate access to the ride. Main queue will likely be squeezed out further though.

This will massively help efficiency
It took so long for the Offloader to deal with signing the cards, checking restraints and people trying to load from the exit!

I’d quite like the split to be at the old merge point, so RAP will use the old SRQ and does not require another staff member

I’d hope long term that if merge staffing is back, the SRQ could return as it worked well on oblivion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.