• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability 2017

Not very good either today. Oblivion got stuck before and unavailable now. Hot off the press galactica won't be open for at least another week a reliable member of staff has informed me . It's a big shame the area is a ghost town and rollercoaster restaurant quiet. So just another knock on affect of an unavailable ride is poor custom at the restaurant .That was another worthwhile investment?

And poor throughput on smiler only two trains huge queues

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed, looks like Oblivion opened late yesterday and then went down early in the afternoon and a full evac of the ride was undertaken. Unsure if it re-opened later in the day so we will have to see if it opens this morning.

There was no obvious work taking place on Galactica yesterday so I assume that they are still waiting for a part. And I am starting to think that said part is not being sourced from B&M because I am almost certain it would not take this long if it was. It is somewhat of a joke that the lift motor has gone twice in the space of a few months - they should have fixed the problem properly first time around, I again fail to believe that a brand new B&M part only lasted matter of weeks.

EDIT:

Oblivion has seeminly opened as normal this morning.

:)

Last edited:
Ah Schools Week lol

Enterprise - 25 mins
Nemesis - 30 mins
Spinball Whizzer - 30 mins
Oblivion - 45 mins
TH13TEEN - 55 mins
Rita - 70 mins
The Smiler - 90 mins

Edit - Rita is now 105 Minutes :eek:

Last edited:
Rita is now up to 105 minutes, wow, not seen it that long for quite some time.

Meanwhile the Rapids is still 0 minutes, poor kids!

:)

Rita's throughput just isn't good enough. It used to be 1000/hour.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It doesn't help with queues when Smiler is only on three trains and not four and Oblivion always seems to be on one station when I have visited this season. It's depressing watching the slow dispatches between each shuttle.

Similar joys in the London Dungeon today. The drop ride is closed again which led to quite a dull ending.

Oh dear merlin when are you guys going to understand that poor operations and attraction availability across you're whole estate is causing poor attendance .This can be and must be sorted ASAP otherwise you will have to explain why to the investors and not come up with wild excuses for the poor attendance as I'm sure they will see through it and some members of the board will have to go.

Oh dear merlin when are you guys going to understand that poor operations and attraction availability across you're whole estate is causing poor attendance .
I'm not sure that's true - the South Bank attractions were an absolute zoo today. Dungeon was sold out with folks being told to come back tomorrow. Queues for the eye were spilling out of the switchbacks.

Fairly healthy numbers at the parks at the park as well, from what I could see in terms of queues and experiences friends were having.

London seems to do well all the time and that feeds well to chessington, legoland and Thorpe. However if I recall correctly thorpes gate numbers don't grow much year on year. However altogether we will have to see how the whole year goes for the whole group . I'm almost sure some theme parks will be affected by poor offering and operations

They painted a mixed picture at the AGM in terms of the London Midway cluster.

In our Midway London Division, trading in the early part of the year benefited from stronger foreign visitation to the UK reflecting the more favourable foreign exchange rates. This continued in the immediate aftermath of the Westminster attack on 22 March, although the incident did result in a softer domestic, day-trip market. However, the subsequent attacks in Manchester and London over the past month have resulted in a further deterioration in domestic demand and, given the typical lag between holiday bookings and visitation, we are also cautious on trends in foreign visitation over the coming months.

Interim results are due on 4th August.

Mmmmmm I wonder, will we see galactica out of action until 4th August after which money maybe released for repair and if they can hold on it will be an operational saving to boost the p and l spreadsheet

@themeparkfan I don't think that's a factor given the way they report on calendar year. Plus, unless it's something catastrophic, it's cents on the dollar in terms of company wide spend.

RTP could be really hurting but they don't typically provide numbers per division at half year.

Apparently Alton are expecting 30,000 tomorrow, if this ends up being the case I think we'll see Alton's poor line up exposed. As me and @Rob seem to spend our exciting days monitoring Alton's queue times I'm sure we'll witness hell on park.

Galatica and Oblivion unavailable today it appears, also frog hopper is unavailable currently.

Galatica and Oblivion unavailable today it appears, also frog hopper is unavailable currently.
I believe Oblivion is now open but not showing as such.

Edit - It is now.

Last edited:

Oblivion shows a 10min queue o_O

I'm not sure how accurate it is but it's 10.55am and The Smiler is showing a 2 hour queue :eek:

Edit - Yup an error, it's an hour now lol

Last edited:
Oh thats nice ! :D
DFGXAQ4XUAACDis.jpg