• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability 2017

It was much the same on July 19th last year too. I'd flew over from Belfast to Birmingham that morning to collect a car in Burton on Trent so I took the kids with me, picked up the car and headed to AT before getting the overnight ferry home to Belfast from Birkenhead that evening.

The park was rammed, huge queues for everything, had to fork out for fast track as our time on park was limited. Was one of the hottest days of the year too, 33 degrees.

The Smiler broke down while we were on it and we ended up sitting in the blistering heat for around half an hour just outside the ride station as they released the harnesses with the battery packs. Wasn't a pleasant experience, the staff were great though and it couldn't have been an easy day for them working in the heat with impatient crowds of people to deal with.

Runaway Mine Train has been down for a number of days now. The season of extended ride downtime continues!

:)

I feel like with exception to capacity issues on Th13teen due to 1 train being out of use and Galactica being on 1 station for cost saving, reliability has been decent the past few weeks. Smiler back on 4 is great news, too.

Galactica will be on 2-station op for Scarefest and Fireworks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I’ve not seen smiler on 4 trains since 3rd of September but all 4 trains have been used (always been one off), has it run 4 since then?

I'm yet to see it run 4 trains but believe whether it runs 3 or 4 is dependent on staffing levels for that particular day. They need more staff to run 4 trains, presumedly for if there is a stoppage/evac.

It's probably one train at a time but I assume that they would want one staff member with each train during such an event.

If that is true then it sounds like it is something to do with the launch mechansim. In which case I expect it will be down for the rest of the season, Towers have hardly been quick with ride repairs this year (yes I am looking at you Galactica and Thirteen's third train).

When smiler got stuck with a train on lift 2 back in June (or whenever it was) and it made the papers it was expected to be down for 9 days but it was running 2 days later.

It depends if they need spare parts and how long that takes. It took an eternity to get the parts needed for Galactica's lift motor.

Hopefully they do get it up and running again; they need all the ride capacity that they can get for fireworks.