• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability 2018

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
In queue waiting for wickerman to reopen.

As I started typing, it started testing, fingers crossed.

It's back open :) But oblivion is still down, hope it's up and running soon.

Very productive morning at the park thus far. Wicker Man has just gone down as well as Nemesis, Galactica, Duel, RMT, Blade and Rapids.

Went to Forbidden Valley at 11am and asked about Nemesis' availability, was told it would be open "later". Asked for an idea of when, but the attendant advised they have no idea as they have not even begun testing yet. Went to Galactica and got same response. Seemed to be the same for rides in Katanga Canyon too, so many people stood around without any idea of what to do.

This years ride availability has been nothing short of an embarrassment. Seems like they are cutting corners for no reason whatsoever.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Is there a power fault?
Apparently not. I asked if there were any faults and the attendant advised they were just running late. Feel sorry for them guys, just kids on minimum wage who take to brunt of the heat when rides go down.

It's because they've cut the engineering teams down so much, so if they get delayed doing the morning checks on a ride due to open earlier, it causes a knock on effect for everything else.

You'd think Merlin (or Alton) would learn from what happened last time they cut corners, but alas it seems not.

Probably not enough engineers to do the morning checks (or rather there are in theory, unless someone is off or there are delays on a couple of rides).

With such limited opening hours, and reduced capacity on several rides, it now takes a lot of luck to get round the rides on a moderately busy day, apart from for the few with high tier fasttrack

Starting to think that AT are considering closing the Rapids full stop. I've been on a few occasions this year, and have not seen it open once. They've already got rid of one water ride, to close another would be a pretty crazy decision.

It tells a lot when you spend days at Alton Towers and Thorpe Park and experience breakdown after breakdown at both parks, yet over three days at BPB I only saw one ride breakdown.

Ride availability really is terrible at the Merlin parks this year with late openings (even later than advertised a lot of the time), high numbers of breakdowns and reduced throughput.

Been here two hours, not managed to get on anything yet!
I got on Wicker Man early on but nothing since. Entered the Wicker Man queue about 20 mins ago, only for it to go unavailable again. 5th time so far today. What happened to GCIs being reliable?

Starting to think that AT are considering closing the Rapids full stop. I've been on a few occasions this year, and have not seen it open once. They've already got rid of one water ride, to close another would be a pretty crazy decision.
Rapids are open.

Been here two hours, not managed to get on anything yet!
What have you tried to ride?

Rapids are open.

What have you tried to ride?
Went right over to FV, nemesis was shut and air advertising 15 mins. Got off air an hour later and have just given up on nemesis, showing 60 mins but queue right to entrance and on one train with row 2 out of action and I’m assuming back row for RAP.

Unfortunately it what happens to rides when they are left in the hands of Merlin o_O

B&Ms are very reliable but Oblivion seems to go down daily, and let’s not even begin to talk about the poor show that is Galactica. What a pathetic attempt Merlin are showing at running a theme park.

Oblivion's problem is usually some moron whipping out a phone at the top of the lift hill, but having said that ALL the B&M's at Thorpe and Alton have been as reliable as a chocolate fire guard this year, did some ex-employee cast a curse on the rides or something?

Are the reliability issues down to age, poor maintenance or poor operation? Seems to me everything is braking

It also proves that filler rides (flats, shows, etc) are desperately required

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.