• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

Funk’n’Fly is now open again, meaning that everything in Thrills is open and Hex is the only ride on park that’s closed!

It’s looking to be an exceptionally quiet day for queues; no queue is above 30 minutes, and there are even some walk ons in there!

The family section is particularly quiet, with the bulk of the park’s family rides having walk on queues!

Duel, on its final day, currently holds a 5 minute queue.

Funk’n’Fly is now open again, meaning that everything in Thrills is open and Hex is the only ride on park that’s closed!

It’s looking to be an exceptionally quiet day for queues; no queue is above 30 minutes, and there are even some walk ons in there!

The family section is particularly quiet, with the bulk of the park’s family rides having walk on queues!

Duel, on its final day, currently holds a 5 minute queue.
Hex and that big silver circular spinning thing in pieces sat in an absolute state in X Sector despite the website acting as if it’s still open, that they won’t even address. Even from that though I do wonder how operations will be affected with Duel shutting its doors permanently (for this iteration) in a matter of minutes. I also wonder how far they are away from sorting Hex, as it’s officially been closed for just over 2 months again.

First time at towers in quite a while and I have to say it's great to be back. Very quiet day which means plenty of rides. Have to say I'm gutted I missed the closing of Duel as I haven't been on it since March so would've been good to give it a go, looks a bit of a mess now. Hex and duel both closed, leaving Granny as the only open dark ride. Funkn fly and enterprise shut too so barely any flats either. Have to say its looking a sorry state if you want to do anything other than go on coasters or go in cbeebies land. Not getting moneys worth for anyone paying to get in. Therefore it's certainly welcome news to hear of a new indoor attraction on its way

Ride closure/downtime is not in a great place at the moment:

Enterprise
Hex
Duel
Gangsta Granny
Royal Carousel
Retrosquad closure roulette

Add to that the Freestyle machines being down, walking around the park it doesn’t take long until you come across a purple barrier blocking something off and a temporary sign gaffer taped up.

I know each ride has its reasons, but from a guests point of view it’s not a good look, or experience.

So essentially, current rides closed are: Duel, Gangsta Granny, Hex (can't believe all 3 dark rides are closed at the same time tbf), Enterprise, The Royal Carousel and Funk'n'Fly. I genuinely wondered what would happen if more major rides went down soon. Congo River Rapids are approaching the year mark (roughly) since they closed last season, and it's nearly a year since The Smiler went down for the rest of the season also. I genuinely wonder how they would cope if similar things with different rides was to happen again.

So essentially, current rides closed are: Duel, Gangsta Granny, Hex (can't believe all 3 dark rides are closed at the same time tbf), Enterprise, The Royal Carousel and Funk'n'Fly. I genuinely wondered what would happen if more major rides went down soon. Congo River Rapids are approaching the year mark (roughly) since they closed last season, and it's nearly a year since The Smiler went down for the rest of the season also. I genuinely wonder how they would cope if similar things with different rides was to happen again.
Did anyone ever find out what was wrong with the smiler last season? Does the ride running on 3 trains instead of 4 now have something to do with it

Did anyone ever find out what was wrong with the smiler last season? Does the ride running on 3 trains instead of 4 now have something to do with it
It was running on 4 when I last visited in may but I got the last ride before it closed and they took one off

I have always assumed that the low capacity this season is entirely due to problems with the other train(s) rather than the ride itself, otherwise it wouldn't have gone down to 2 trains so often - they could have just swapped a problematic train out for a functional one. Equally, I don't think they'd have kept the ride shut last year if they could have opened it but only on reduced capacity.

When I walked past around 10:45 it was closed with the traffic police outside of it.

Rita is running half trains (6 rows) but I'm not sure if that's because it's quiet or knackered but the kickers before offload made a horrid sound

The sign saying the ride is shut has been taken off the entrance gate of Hex, so surely must be opening soon!

It’s being discussed over in the Hex thread, but apparently it opened for about 10mins this morning and subsequently shut again for the rest of the day.

So can we take from these attempted reopening which last less than a day that there's some sort of problem when the ride runs with a load?

I can't think why else they'd be opening it only to immediately close it up again.