• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride/Park Accidents

I don't think I've seen anyone claim he tried to climb out.
My guess is that at six years old, he was just too small for the restraints to securely hold him in. If he was sat next to an adult, there would be a considerable gap between him and the lap bar.

All speculation, of course. Which doesn't help. ;)

What I think is unhelpful are members of the public calling for the park to close. Closing the park won't heal the little boy it will only hurt park management, the employees and families who planned to go today.

I think the coverage is fair, apart from mentioning the 2001 incident. There is no evidence to suggest it is linked. In fact, if the boy did climb/slide out of the restraint then presumably this could happen on any Reverchon spinning mouse?

Disney had better watch out then! *cough Primeval Whirl*

Somebody died on the ride previously, in the same park, under the same ownership, and that should not have been raised in the media?
Absolute cobblers.
People are coming to the conclusion that the incidents are linked, and thus the ride should have closed in 2001, which I think is unfair.

FWIW, the 1.2m restriction is the same as the Twister coasters at Brighton Pier and West Midlands Safari.

Somebody died on the ride previously, in the same park, under the same ownership, and that should not have been raised in the media?
Absolute cobblers.
No, I get that. What I don't get was harassing the poor mother who lost her daughter 18 years ago and asking what she thinks. I don't see how that adds anything. It's just cynical journalism.

Basically that section consisted of one person saying they would never take their child on a roller coaster because they find it unsafe. Then they said the park should have learnt from their mistakes from the previous accident despite them being totally different in nature. In addition, they seemed to think you could get away with going on the ride, whatever height you were. This incident is incredibly sad to see and I hope the boy's condition improves but it doesn't help when wrong pieces of information are spread by the media.

Basically that section consisted of one person saying they would never take their child on a roller coaster because they find it unsafe. Then they said the park should have learnt from their mistakes from the previous accident despite them being totally different in nature. In addition, they seemed to think you could get away with going on the ride, whatever height you were. This incident is incredibly sad to see and I hope the boy's condition improves but it doesn't help when wrong pieces of information are spread by the media.
Cheers for the info. Sounds even more garbage than I expected

No, I get that. What I don't get was harassing the poor mother who lost her daughter 18 years ago and asking what she thinks. I don't see how that adds anything. It's just cynical journalism.

It's not even cynical journalism, it's just crap journalism. So in the space of 24 hours these "responsible journalists" have gone from the little boy "not suffering life threatening injuries" to "fighting for his life" - the mere fact that such aweful reporting standards are acceptable nowdays tells you enough.

I was going to ask if this is the same coaster that is on Brighton Pier, I wouldn't want to fall out of one of those cars either.

It's the same model as the one on Brighton Pier, yes. Though personally, I'd say the one that used to be on Blackpool South Pier was more terrifying. Probably because the last time I rode it was at night, in high winds, with the black void of the sea churning below us...

It's the same model as the one on Brighton Pier, yes. Though personally, I'd say the one that used to be on Blackpool South Pier was more terrifying. Probably because the last time I rode it was at night, in high winds, with the black void of the sea churning below us...
I find Peimeval Whirl the most scary Reverchon spinner in that Disney decided to buy a Reverchon Industries mouse...