• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride/Park Accidents

Reading into the Valravn incident a little bit more it sounds like there was a shuttle in the station and the floor plates were raised. The shuttle behind stopped correctly but for reasons unknown then started moving again and bumped into it. It's likely to have damaged the floor as a result so will be out of action for a while.

Worth mentioning someone died on that first one, unsuprisngly distasteful journalism from the Star. Seems it was a disaster waiting to happen, the main structure looks far too thin.

Love the dramatic music on the Indian one. They seemed to come out of that OK, expected to see a lot more damage to their legs when they were put upright.

Cedar Point have confirmed all coasters will now revert to one train operation following the incidents on Steel Vengeance and Valravn.

They have also confirmed that if anyone was to so much as blow at a coaster down a straw, all ride operations will cease in order to prevent another stall ala Gatekeeper.

Come on, they're not owned by Merlin...

Another horrifying clip - a flat ride 'snaps' in Ahmedabad, India, killing three.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/wo...me-park-ride-collapase-india-ahmedabad-deaths

Stuff like this blows my mind. Some of the engineering on these rip off rides looks somewhat questionable to start with, but you do have to wonder if the lack of a health and safety culture of parks, perfected over a century (with some bumps along the way, no pun intended) doesn't play a part. Are the skills and equipment for NDT work available?

The strangest thing is the lack of reaction in the crowd - or perhaps that's just shock at what has unfolded, I don't know.

Not sure if this is relevant here as it's a water park, however :-

A British tourist has broken their neck on a multi-track racing style slide called 'splash' in Aqualandia, benidorm.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-paralysed-after-benidorm-water-park-accident

According to the article the injury happened as he hit the water, and the family fear he may be paralysed.

I am very curious to see how this happened, as he must have surely hit on something other than the water to break two vertebrae in his neck.

Not sure if this is relevant here as it's a water park, however :-

A British tourist has broken their neck on a multi-track racing style slide called 'splash' in Aqualandia, benidorm.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...-paralysed-after-benidorm-water-park-accident

According to the article the injury happened as he hit the water, and the family fear he may be paralysed.

I am very curious to see how this happened, as he must have surely hit on something other than the water to break two vertebrae in his neck.
It's strange how it has a splash pool and not shutdown lanes. Mat slides usually have shutdown lanes. :confused: