• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride/Park Accidents

My sister in law went to BPB a few weeks ago and swore that the harness released mid ride on Ice Blast. I said are you sure that wasn't just the air time moment at the top and she was pretty adamant she felt it go before getting to the top.

I said I hoped you reported it and she said she did.
It was closed last Sat and Sun all day. Wonder if related?

flying phones etc is likely the biggest risk to park goers.

There is a well known youtuber who recently uploaded a video and repeated many times while riding a hyper coaster that they forgot their thumbscrew for the go pro so "had put it in their pocket and would just hold it" then rode while saying "I hope I don't drop it". Its idiotic to do it but even more idiotic to tell everyone repeatedly you are doing it. a gopro from 60mph 200ft could easily kill or leave lifelong injuries. I am a pacifist but sometimes.... sometimes... 🤣

It’s stuff like this that makes you see why the likes of Universal and Phantasialand (with FLY) are pursuing such stringent loose article policies.

The use of metal detectors and the like might be strict, but they undeniably go a significant way towards helping to prevent “loose article hits pedestrian” type incidents.

It also has the helpful side effect of boosting the throughput by a fair bit, too!

But they would lose all that free advertising.

Opportunity to put their own out on their Social sites tbf. Wouldn't take a lot of organising. Instead we now have 100 youtubers all putting out the exact same video.

But they would lose all that free advertising.

They could make time for the ones that actually ask permission properly from the parks media team to film them before park opening or similar.
I think that should be a standard thing anyway, that more vloggers and similar really should be asking permission to film anything.

You'd still get people doing it though with hidden cameras poking through clothing or whatever. You'd never stop people getting POV's with modern camera technology unless you physically searched everyone before each ride.
Just checked youtube and there's not a single POV of FLY out there. That's pretty impressive considering it's been open a couple of years now.

Not even sure how you'd get something onto FLY, there's metal detectors and staff with hand held detectors. I wasn't even allowed to wear my glasses with a strap to keep them on.

Not even sure how you'd get something onto FLY, there's metal detectors and staff with hand held detectors. I wasn't even allowed to wear my glasses with a strap to keep them on.
Makes complete sense though, given that you are flying face-down over pathways.

Are glasses with a strap a def no go on Fly? I’m off there next week and can’t see a thing without them!

I have made 3 separate trips to PL since FLY opened and have never had to remove my glasses, though I have been asked to show they're secure

Reactions: IDB