• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

RIP Ripsaw

Was it removed now because it's part of the LTDP, or simply because it's knackered?
It's inclusion in the development plan was there on the basis it was knackered.

Farewell and all that. I was quite a fan in the early days but can't say I've ridden it for years.

Changes happen. Stuff changes. Onward.

It's inclusion in the development plan was there on the basis it was knackered.

Farewell and all that. I was quite a fan in the early days but can't say I've ridden it for years.

Changes happen. Stuff changes. Onward.
So, it was meant to be blade last year, ripsaw this year anyway. I just meant as it meant to be this year or was it bought forwards because it wouldn't last a season. Hopefully, being a planned removal, they have a replacement in mind (though this is wishful thinking, and I doubt this will happen any time soon) unlike submission where it must have just broke mid closed season and been cannibalized for the other two chance inverters.

I suspect if SW8 hadn't been shelved, the story would have been "it's closing to make way for our 2017 attraction".

If they get a replacement flat ride for Ripsaw, or any new flat ride for that matter...I'll eat my hat

I thought this would happen originally, but when I first rode it this year, and even more towards the end of the season, it became obvious that the only place ripsaw was moving was the scrap heap.

I'll be sad to see it go, leaving only blade, enterprise and marauders mayhem (arguably) as flats. But I'm glad it went whilst on its last legs instead of dying completely mid season. I have good memories of it, and I hope the (eventual) replacement will be just as good or better.

Was it removed now because it's part of the LTDP, or simply because it's knackered?
She was removed because of age. It will be weird walking through Forbidden Valley without hearing that rustic squeak.

I dont understand why they closed it last season for weeks on end while it had major works done on it, only to scrap it, what a waste of money
You've never done that with a car? Difficult to know when to stop - perhaps it was planned to operate for a couple more seasons but decisions have had to be made to bring it forward. Also, there is no confirmation it's being scrapped - only being removed. If it has new parts in it, the other Top Spins in the group will benefit from them, for sure.

This is the same company that has kept Slammer on life support for a decade.