• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Rollercoaster Restaurant: General Discussion

Are people actually taking this seriously?
I think i am the only one with a joke posting in this thread so far.
Although a food coaster would be cool, i don't think AT would find it profit making enough for the initial outlay.

And I have no reason to believe that Mack would let their brand be tainted by Burger Kitchen quality "food".

The concept was not created by Mack - they bought it from another guy (confusingly also called Michael Mack).

It'll be interesting when this does open to see what food offerings are made available. They won't do another Burger Kitchen - as they already have one in the park.

Also they are three in Germany, one in Vienna and some in the middle East.

So, I guess, the way the Alton Towers one is going to work is that Merlin are merely going to manage it and the Rollercoaster Restaurant Company will offer it to them as a standard franchise - but they will have to make sure they have the quality food that all the others offer.

I think... I've no idea. It's coming, though.

Exciting!

Last edited:
How big is foodloop in other parks? From the photos I saw after a quick google it looks like the building needs a good amount of height and space and I can't see Air shop being the right venue for that concept. The Burger Kitchen next to Cloud Cuckoo Land would be a better space?

The FoodLoop rumour has been going around for a while and was posted over on CoasterForce earlier this year. With TT reporting it also there is clearly something in it.

It's great that Towers will be adding another food option and this should hopefully be an additional 'larger' restaurant which is much needed.

My main concerns are the food offerings. I just hope it's not going to be your standard Merlin food with a similar menu to elsewhere in the park. A unique menu with different offerings would be well recieved.

Let's hope TG Cruise are involved in the construction or else it may result in people covered in food come opening day! :p

:)

I recall the strategy documents which came out many years ago mentioned about moving the entrance from its current location on Towers Street to where Air is.

However, I don't think Forbidden Valley would have the capacity to handle that many guests coming in and out at peak times unless they do some serious expansion in that area and use up some of the car parking area.

My thoughts -

1) the monorail is very old and there was talk about removing it at some point with no replacement, so the park entrance would need to move closer to the hotels and the car parks

2) money has been spent recently on Towers Street so I cant see it being closed off completely, especially with the Corkscrew monument there, so I wonder what its use will be in the future if this is the case

3) If the entrance does move to FV - then if the cross valley woodie goes ahead, the station would almost definately be at the Dark Forest end of the park

4) Blade going now makes sense if they need to open up this area of the park for more capacity, however, what about all the retail units which people visit during the entrance/exit to the park on TS

5) What about "that view" when you walk down Towers Street!!??

6) If this is a new entrance, indeed a "second" one, I think it may be exclusive to hotel guests to start with, maybe with some covered walkway from Splash landings to the entrance...

I recall the strategy documents which came out many years ago mentioned about moving the entrance from its current location on Towers Street to where Air is.

However, I don't think Forbidden Valley would have the capacity to handle that many guests coming in and out at peak times unless they do some serious expansion in that area and use up some of the car parking area.

My thoughts -

1) the monorail is very old and there was talk about removing it at some point with no replacement, so the park entrance would need to move closer to the hotels and the car parks

2) money has been spent recently on Towers Street so I cant see it being closed off completely, especially with the Corkscrew monument there, so I wonder what its use will be in the future if this is the case

3) If the entrance does move to FV - then if the cross valley woodie goes ahead, the station would almost definately be at the Dark Forest end of the park

4) Blade going now makes sense if they need to open up this area of the park for more capacity, however, what about all the retail units which people visit during the entrance/exit to the park on TS

5) What about "that view" when you walk down Towers Street!!??

6) If this is a new entrance, indeed a "second" one, I think it may be exclusive to hotel guests to start with, maybe with some covered walkway from Splash landings to the entrance...
This isn't a new entrance. It means a new themed entrance feature to the current Air shop which would make sense if a new restauatant was being put in following an extension of the building.

Hopefully the documents will be online soon so that we can get a better idea of what they are planning.

I guess all the merch will be moved to a new 'buy the SW8' shop...

Makes sense to have only one big merch shop in each (main) area.

FV does need a restaurant, as much as the Fish & Chips is ok, it does detract from the theme somewhat.

Whether there's any truth in this or not, that FoodLoop thing looks pretty awesome! It doesn't, however, look very...Towers-y. Also think of the potential mayhem: "Oh sorry, your meal will be another 45 minutes as we have to deal with those who have purchased Fastback meals first" or something similarly Towers-esque.

FV does need a restaurant, as much as the Fish & Chips is ok, it does detract from the theme somewhat.

There's also a Burger Kitchen in FV. Don't say they're not good to you ;)

I'm not personally a fan of the food at Europa's, but it is a cool concept...

If this is as popular as Europa's, they best have the space to fit in the guests... Otherwise I'd probably never eat there...

EP's seats 195 people and often has a queue. I guess they would have to be looking at around the 200 seat capacity which would require a decent amount of space.

Putting a big fancy restaurant with a "food loop" thingy in that area is ridiculous.

If it happens then I'll eat my collection of park maps!

Somehow, I think my digestive system is safe for now.

I'm not personally a fan of the food at Europa's, but it is a cool concept...

If this is as popular as Europa's, they best have the space to fit in the guests... Otherwise I'd probably never eat there...
I often hear this so at Europa-Park last week I went through the whole menu.

Veal with asparagus and piment potatoes, stewed rib of beef, duck, salmon...

There was far more 'higher end' stuff than I had previously assumed...

The cheap stuff isn't great however.

On another note, i'm sure many of the haters would love this to be pie in the sky but it really is happening. I wonder what would please some people I really do.

Can't see an issue with a high end eatery on park. If its a franchise at least the food will be subjecting to stringent conditions. It'll pull people in and, in all honesty, I can't see it being a great deal more expensive than whats on offer.

Is it the right area of the park? Perhaps not. I suppose if you argue its in the 'right' end of the park for locality to the hotels and it were to stay open late for hotel guests it makes more sense, but its unlikely.

Can't see an issue with a high end eatery on park. If its a franchise at least the food will be subjecting to stringent conditions. It'll pull people in and, in all honesty, I can't see it being a great deal more expensive than whats on offer.

Is it the right area of the park? Perhaps not. I suppose if you argue its in the 'right' end of the park for locality to the hotels and it were to stay open late for hotel guests it makes more sense, but its unlikely.

It could be possible that they run Air & Nemesis for an extra hour for hotel guests only and then FoodLoop for a few hours too. Everyone is already complaining the hotel restaurants are too busy!