• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Rollercoaster Restaurant: General Discussion

The big stick never came out when I was in yesterday, my group had seats 8-12 at one point seats 1-7 were empty so i wanted to order something under seat 1 (so I could get seat 1's ticket thing) but my dad said it's not our seats so won't appear on our bill, I said the bill is done per iPad (or whatever they use in there) no by the seat number. Who's right?

The big stick never came out when I was in yesterday, my group had seats 8-12 at one point seats 1-7 were empty so i wanted to order something under seat 1 (so I could get seat 1's ticket thing) but my dad said it's not our seats so won't appear on our bill, I said the bill is done per iPad (or whatever they use in there) no by the seat number. Who's right?
It depends how you ask to do it. But I don't think it's done for a whole table unless that table was one group therefore using one tablet. We asked and they said it was fine to pay by our seat numbers.

Edit: therefore, your dad is right! Sorry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I dined on Thursday evening 6 of the main items were "out of stock" effectively halving the menu selection. No communication from staff we just had to discover ourselves when we clicked on the items and it comes up with an "out of stock" message.

It's a shame because I really enjoyed the restaurant, and the food we did have was great, but it seems inexplicable to me that half the menu would be "out of stock". It was all the more premium items so it was very wallet friendly for me, but still disappointing to not have the choice to splash out.

It is, but when you go to pay there is an option to pay by seat number. It makes it really easy for groups to pay separately.

Well I'm confused already. I wouldn't be able to keep track of who's paid and who hasn't.

It is, but when you go to pay there is an option to pay by seat number. It makes it really easy for groups to pay separately.

The reason I asked in the first place was my dad said only order under our seats because if I didn't I would of mess our bill up, I've found out that it would of put the order under our (the 3 or us) bill.

How easy is it for fussy eaters like me to customise my food on the food ordering tablets i.e.. I don't want my steak to be covered in sauce or my beefburger just to be plain, or no peas or what ever to be added to the meal etc....

How easy is it for fussy eaters like me to customise my food on the food ordering tablets i.e.. I don't want my steak to be covered in sauce or my beefburger just to be plain, or no peas or what ever to be added to the meal etc....
I would suggest that you don't waste your money on a "premium" food experience then. Maccy's is that way -->

Very easy, there's a special request section at the end of each order you make before it's sent to the kitchen. I utilised this numerous times and it worked a treat.

I would suggest that you don't waste your money on a "premium" food experience then. Maccy's is that way -->

That's what I thought. I'm staying at the resort next week and I'm trying to decide which resort restaurant to eat in. They all look similar in food, but the prices are worlds apart. I'm not interested in Flambos', I often eaten in the Secret garden, I've not yet eaten in the enchanted village one (I'll probably have breakfast in this one) or the rollercoaster restaurant.

Very easy, there's a special request section at the end of each order you make before it's sent to the kitchen. I utilised this numerous times and it worked a treat.

Cheers for that. I'm sure if in doubt I can always call one of the staff members over.

There's a box on your order screen where you can put requests. I put a note about my meal needing to be gluten free and a server came over to me to talk to me about the options so they did seem to be on the ball with that when I was there. I'm sure you can choose no sauce for the steak but the sauces come separately in little pots anyway so you can use as much or as little as you like :)

EDIT: Apologies, it appears my response has been beaten!

Knowing my luck, the sauce will spill out of the pots over my steak as it whizz's around the loop the loops :eek:

It comes in a separate pot to the steak, along with the fries! And the sauce pots have a little metal clasp thing so hopefully you own't be unlucky and it'll stay shut!

It was interesting for me trying FoodLoop again last week following on from my brilliant Rollercoaster Restaurant experience. Both are very good for different reasons. The main difference is ease of payment - at FoodLoop it is straight to the till, hand over the cash and you're done in under 30 seconds. The faff paying at Rollercoaster Restaurant was annoying although I like to think that this may have improved since opening evening.

Both restaurants offer a very different dining experince. FoodLoop is more relaxed whereas Rollercoaster Restaurant is a full themed experience. I think both offer very different but good food although the choice at FoodLoop is far superior, especially in comparision to the Rollercoaster Restaurant daytime menu.

Overall these restaurants are just great!

:)

Experienced RR for the first time yesterday evening and thought it was absolutely outstanding.

The walk between hotels and park is really well done. Loved the music and I love the new entrance by Galactica - really hope that gets utilised more going forwards.

The restaurant is well themed and I enjoyed spotting the references to coasters new and old. The atmosphere created by the lighting and music is really good too.

The system worked fantastically for ordering and receiving food and the food itself was absolutely delicious and of a high quality standard too.

Paying seemed simple too. I don't know what issues they had on opening night but we simply walked up with our tablet, handed them our MAP and then paid on the card machine. Can't have taken more than 2 minutes at the absolute most :)

Paying seemed simple too. I don't know what issues they had on opening night but we simply walked up with our tablet, handed them our MAP and then paid on the card machine. Can't have taken more than 2 minutes at the absolute most :)

That's good to hear. On opening night the issues arose when groups of four were wanting to pay individually for what they had ordered; despite telling the staff which number they were there were problems identifying it on the system. I got overcharged a fair whack it would seem whilst others got undercharged although we sorted it ourselves afterwards. The receipt given also did not show a breakdown of what had been paid for, only the total, which wan't overly useful.

I'm sure it was a case of opening night teething issues though and staff getting used to the system.

:)

Last time I went to towers, we didn't book a table since that were booked all day, but my brother went in and they told him that since they were completely empty he could go in and have a drink or a starter as long as he was less than 20 minutes. As the restaurant looks to be completely booked for this Sunday, any idea what time would be the best to try and actually sit down in there for 15 minutes?