• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2013: Discussion

I wish they would re-do carnival just because I find clowns and circus' a boring and un scary theme. Obviously that's my preference, but I was just walking through a circus walkthrough, not a scaremaze!

I would love an actual maze to go through, something constantly changing, swinging walls ext. Just so you never know where your going or where to 'monsters' are, no chains of people, go around in your groups.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, please excuse any ridiculous mistakes!

I would say Carnival really was more jumpy than any other maze. At some moments in the maze i did get skeptical due too the amount of jumps i had in the past scenes. I still like The Sanctuary over Carnival 100%.

For 2013 I believe:

Carnival will be scrapped with a new maze taking its place, similar idea, less clowns

Sanctuary will be replaced

ToTT gets its update, with a potentially new layout in the new area within the towers

4th maze

Zombie scarezone will have an overhaul

Return of duel live.

I find it very difficult to believe that they'll be seriously changing three mazes and adding a fourth in the same year.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

I've heard that they're trying to bring Field back for next year. If they do, that would be a huge step towards one brilliant event!

:D

Tuggerz said:
Sanctuary will be replaced
I seriously doubt this, if anything 2013 will be The Sanctuary's strongest year, considering its links to SW7.

Stevie said:
I've heard that they're trying to bring Field back for next year. If they do, that would be a huge step towards one brilliant event!

And if they keep Carnival and Sanctuary on park aswell it will be more than a brilliant event!

I don't think carnival will go.
It's finally in a place that fits it, I think my runs have been better this year than any other year, its improved a lot.

Currently it is a must do at night attraction as the outside sections are more effective at night.

Ok so maybe they need some new tricks in there, the trommel needs coloured lights rather than the strobes oh and of course it needs a real ending, maybe 2 or 3 clowns all come out at once? As there are soo many hiding spots in the last room.

My predictions for the 2013 mazes:

Carnival will return again as a paid maze, with more emphasis on creating a finale. With the amount of money that was spent on it this year, I'de be extremely surprised if they got rid of it.

TOTT will return again as a free maze. I'de imagine they'll change the tag-line from 'what lies within' to something else, overhaul it a bit. However they'll keep the strobe finale and many large theming pieces. It works brilliantly as it is, just needs freshening up.

The Sanctuary will return again as a paid maze. Considering the money invested into it this year, the well produced videos, brilliantly thought out theme, and rave reviews I'de be almost certain it will return. Maybe a slight change in story to reflect the opening of SW7, and some teak to the ending to get people running out the door.

The 'scare-zone' will return in one form or another. I'de love to see Zombies! return and be given a bit more attention for next season.

Instead of any additional attractions next year, the park need to sort out the lighting. Get the place back to like it was in 2010. Coloured lighting and smoke would make a huge difference to park atmosphere. Towers already have a fantastic backdrop for a Halloween, show it off!
To spread the Halloween event across the park, It'd be great to see Duel: Live return and an additional scare-zone on that side of the park next year, however I'm fairly certain this won't happen.

For 2014 they should invest in another maze. With the addition of the lodges they could potentially bring back the field over at the hotels, make it free to hotel guests and paid to park guests. Though it's debatable as whether they'd do this, park mazes are bound to make more revenue.

:)

I think

Carnival will stay in the same spot as it worked really well and seemed popular, it will remain mostly the same, maybe a few changes but it will have a proper ending.

sanctuary will stay but will have a few changes to fit in with sw7 and some changes on things that didn't work this year, burly nothing major.
I think TOTT will have major changes and a whole new storyline, new layout, etc.

Zombies will probably stay as it is this year, same location and same route as it seemed busy there.

If we are lucky we may get a 4th maze but with budget cuts I don't think we will.

I think they really got the maze locations spot on this year. Although the queuing for the two mazes in the Towers made that area look a bit messy to me.

A 4th maze would be really nice.

Entertainments are pushing for a bigger Year Round budget. I would be surprised if a 4th Maze does not go ahead. The Sanctuary will most probably stay, or the'll change the set-up and name, and maybe change it to an Asylum theme. From what i've heard about SW7, The Sanctuary wouldn't work for Scarefest, unless the story was re-done. Carnival will be on it's last year I recon next year. Field if a possible attraction to return, and Duel Live. Lighting needs sorting out. But yeah, if the budget is increased and the same Head Manager this year for Scarefest is Head for next year, then we could be on to one of the Best Scarefest Events yet.

Stevie said:

Surely though wouldn't it have to be relocated, I'd love to see that happen but with the new accommodation going where the Field was, if it was in its own location, surely it would just drum up hope for the next Scarefest for then not to be there. I'd whack it in Coaster Corner if it wasn't a kids area, knowing Towers CC is probably a tad overgrown as it is!

In a ideal would I'd love to see a small maze in the Dark Forest, which actually goes into the protected forest and the queue is near UG Swinger and is a fully outside maze. But I doubt it would be allowed due to protection, risk of rain, H&S and near ride area in the dark.

A decent Hex Live and still roaming Sanctuary promoters despite it not being new now. More wraiths and pushing TH13TEEN after Dark.

I still think when the park shuts there should be some more ''extreme'' mazes or at least something to do after the park has shut. After 9pm came I was rather gutted and wanted to do more! I diddnt want to leave! Understandably if people have been on park all day they would want to go home but surely there is a market for people that want to stay over longer? Maby a maze that opens from 8/9pm over at the hotels?

Zak said:
I still think when the park shuts there should be some more ''extreme'' mazes or at least something to do after the park has shut. After 9pm came I was rather gutted and wanted to do more! I diddnt want to leave! Understandably if people have been on park all day they would want to go home but surely there is a market for people that want to stay over longer? Maby a maze that opens from 8/9pm over at the hotels?
It would be great to have another maze by the hotels but they will be building the lodges by then unless they use the woodland walk. But I would like to see guided ghost walks through the park

They could always use one of the conference rooms in the hotel if they're not being used much like Room 13?

I could see sanctuary coming back again but after the experiment you would be walking around a deserted sanctuary after all the happenings

I loved the sanctuary last year and would love too see it back this upcoming scarefest with just a few minor tweaks, TOTT definitely needs an overhaul after being basically the same for the past few years. I would also like too see something done too carnival that would make it terrifying to those scared of clowns but also scary to those who are not bothered by them as much.

OK My predictions for Scarefest 2013.

Overall - minor spend year on Scarefest. I think SW7 will be still costing them by September as they continue to add bits of theming that weren't ready for opening. So :-

Carnival will be closed, only to re-appear as the Carnival of Screams Scare Zone and be where the zombie scare zone is currently.
Sanctuary will be back, same location, similar story.
TOTT will get a minor face lift but be mostly the same.
A new maze will appear (I would love it to be in the gardens but think it is more likely to be either where carnival was this year or near the 13 queue.) Probable theme - Masked Killer (cheep maze) .

A kiddie maze will be added where Skelvin and co. go Boo a lot