• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2014

They don't have QShares for the Mazes as they're paid for. However because they're paid for they're not really meant to have a queue (and the removal of Freedom Passes should ensure low queues this year... hopefully.. through the use of time allocated tickets only which represent throughput of attraction). So with a child one goes in, then swap and the other experiences it!

Not sure how they'd work the Queue share given the end and start points are so far apart. I think you'd just have to do it, meet at the end, then the other do it.

I'd check with Towers though @darren

The mazes are awesome (if you haven't done them a million times and known they've been around for years and don't notice the ones that have "disappeared", or the removal of freedom passes etc lol!

@Imagination

Wow, that was an intense read!!

I have done a couple of pretty extreme run throughs but that would push me to my limits, one extreme run was enough it's mentally and physically exhausting when it's a long intense one, which mine was. I LOVED THEM, and actors seemed to know what was enough, like when they tried to pinch my shoes lol!!! I gave them a, seriously, don't pinch my shoes, that's annoying, not scary, look.

You made some great points, the social power experiments add credence to your words, I'd never considered that and it's actually heightened my nerves of the mazes slightly from absolute complacency!

Take The Sanctuary (yes, I know, obsessed), the extreme run through was amazing, but it was VERY long. I loved every second, but to imagine doing that 6 times, in more intense fashion like you experienced with the Saw one?

No thanks.

The one thing that annoyed me most last season with the mazes was on so many run throughs we always bumped into the group in front of us, or the group behind us. It happened constantly on TOTT and sometimes on Carnival. The worse thing was TOTT never had a queue, so they were just rushing you in the mazes for no reason. Often you would enter the projection room of TOTT when the other group were just leaving, so the timings were too close, which meant you got a rubbish maze as the actors were not there. It was often the batching staff who were just rushing people thorough, and not the fault of the actors.

Hopefully that has been sorted this year, I can understand a bit if it has a queue, but not when its quiet.

TOTT was a mess last year. Literally no queue, you're rushed to batch into a group, then the minute you enter the pre-show if you were at the back of the queue you could see the next batch of people being rushed in. Pretty messy when there is a timed ticket system. Sanctuary seemed consistently fine with no bumping into groups last year. It's no secret that Towers as a pretty low-tech system for maze traffic management but last year seemed pretty bad compared to other years.

I am going to Scarefest this year on a Saturday, and I am wanting to buy my maze tickets online beforehand as it seems a reasonable price. Can anyone recommend the "Perfect" time to do the mazes so the queues are not stupidly long. I am not fussed about going on them when its dark as effectively they are dark inside anyway. I am looking for a time where the mazes actors will be at their best but also the queues wont be silly... what are your thoughts?

@TheMan I know! It was intense. It almost sounds unreal having to be stuck in there six times and it really wasn't great. My friends were waiting outside for ages and were in shock. Some never believed I actually went through that but hey!

But yeah, as I've said, this is literally so so rare and she was just not a professional "actress" and I know she hasn't ever returned.

So yeah, people please go and enjoy, if you do get really nervous in a maze and it doesn't become enjoyment any more, you're not alone and an actor should always help you. :)

Not sure if this was posted but there's a new logo for 'Scary Tales':

CDlaetf.png

Sorry it's small and bad quality but that's all that's on Towers' website.

The Scarefest lineup this year is very poor. I won't be bothering, especially considering that I've got Fright Nights 30/40 mins down the road.

Yeah, but the mazes and rides are a quarter of the quality
I disagree. TOTT is very stale and it has barely any actors (like Sanctuary), whereas Thorpe's mazes were themed well last year and full of actors! I don't defend Thorpe often but Fright Nights is the superior event in my opinion.

I will be visiting twice this year. October 18th for the meet and then November 1st with some family friends, purely because that's just the day they decided to go, not for ScareFest in particular. For those of you that know me, I am not a maze person. I will be happily doing the scare zones (if you all drag me through!) and I just love the atmosphere at SF, so why the hell not!

I've only properly done ScareFest once before, and then I only stayed 'til 8 in the evening, however I'm planning on staying 'til 9 on both trips this year. Looking forward to it!

I did all the mazes at Thorpe last year twice. They all looked cheap, the scares were minimal, atmosphere nonexistent, and they had to force you up against walls to try and get a reaction. Not scary, just rude.
Towers use well made props, decent make up, and their mazes have an atmosphere. Their actors don't need to man handle you to scare you.

I did all the mazes at Thorpe last year twice. They all looked cheap, the scares were minimal, atmosphere nonexistent, and they had to force you up against walls to try and get a reaction. Not scary, just rude.
Towers use well made props, decent make up, and their mazes have an atmosphere. Their actors don't need to man handle you to scare you.
I know for a fact that a lot of effort went into Thorpe's mazes last year - it's just a shame that lighting wasn't as good as it should be so they were often too dark. However Asylum (now gone :( ) was absoloutely fantastic and much better than any of the mazes at Towers. Being touched by the actors adds a sense of danger and fear that the Towers mazes don't have IMO.

I disagree. TOTT is very stale and it has barely any actors (like Sanctuary), whereas Thorpe's mazes were themed well last year and full of actors! I don't defend Thorpe often but Fright Nights is the superior event in my opinion.

Even to this day I'm still looking for any sign of actors that we should have encountered on our Blair Witch run. Not a single one.

I was impressed with SAW and My Bloody Valentine, but that's as far as my excitement peaked for Fright Nights. Both Towers and Thorpe could however take a leaf out of each others books to really add some depth to their respective events.

Being touched and being manhandled is completely different. If you were to go back a few pages on this thread, you would see the discussion. I don't find being pushed up against a wall by a strange man, who is almost certainly stronger than me scary, or appropriate.
Everyone knew the end of Asylum, wasn't scary. The most scared I have been was in Sanctuary.
A lot of effort went into what? Buying more storage crates?

Even to this day I'm still looking for any sign of actors that we should have encountered on our Blair Witch run. Not a single one.

I was impressed with SAW and My Bloody Valentine, but that's as far as my excitement peaked for Fright Nights. Both Towers and Thorpe could however take a leaf out of each others books to really add some depth to their respective events.
I will admit, Blair Witch Project was absolute garbage. However The Asylum, My Bloody Valentine and Cabin in The Woods are all very good mazes when on their top form, and Saw Alive isn't my cup of tea but it gets good reviews.

Being touched and being manhandled is completely different. If you were to go back a few pages on this thread, you would see the discussion. I don't find being pushed up against a wall by a strange man, who is almost certainly stronger than me scary, or appropriate.
Everyone knew the end of Asylum, wasn't scary. The most scared I have been was in Sanctuary.
A lot of effort went into what? Buying more storage crates?
A lot of effort went into theming, lighting, audio, actors, highly detailed sets and creativity (especially in the case of CITW). You are told on entering that you will be manhandled by the actors, if you don't like it then don't go in. Mazes are supposed to be scary.
They hadn't even changed Saw since it was an all year maze.
Actually it had new lighting and audio put in it last October. And that's no different to TOTT anyway, that hasn't been changed for years.