• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2015

I think they made a small mistake not making TotT a free maze as it doesn't really offer anything new. To someone who's not been before, a new route means nothing. All the other mazes...
A. Are New
B. Offer a new element

I get that the free maze is usually a let down, so I don't mind paying

It's only a stupid charge if people don't pay for it and I think they will. Alton have a pretty good reputation for scare mazes, I don't think people will shy away.

Well that's an accountants response, this is a debate about the monetary value of the mazes and whether people will feel they got value for money.

But in a direct response as I pointed out in previous years as much as the price gouging would have annoyed me I couldn't argue with the business sense (they discounted the price last year a lot as people where not buying), but in a year when the park is haemorrhaging guests you would think a more tempting pricing strategy would be sensible. Previously people came for the park hours and night riding and the mazes where a way of getting more cash, this year they need a huge amount of quality event attractiveness mixed with good value.

We will see.

Indeed we will. Perhaps it will be discounted on the quieter days - that might already be the intention but the £20 is just to aid the proposition of value, like the gate price.

Two for one voucher = Entrance, mazes + lunch (almost) for the cost of gate price. It doesn't sound horrendous.

Is it just me or does anyone else just visit during Scarefest for the rides in the dark and the atmosphere? The maze's are a bonus - I'll happily pay £16 extra to do 3 of the best mazes in the country. (I have no doubt they will be - and yes, I have been to most of the smaller scare attractions too.)

The 'free' maze used to bug me because of the que - you could even buy FT for it, for £5 - which nearly always sold out anyway. So for less than £6 a shot, you get a smaller que and a better experience because they don't have a massive line to clear. Who knows, hopefully a bigger budget too. My reckoning anyway.

I don't actually think its overpriced. Regardless of the accountants POV.

Is it just me or does anyone else just visit during Scarefest for the rides in the dark and the atmosphere? The maze's are a bonus - I'll happily pay £16 extra to do 3 of the best mazes in the country. (I have no doubt they will be - and yes, I have been to most of the smaller scare attractions too.)

The 'free' maze used to bug me because of the que - you could even buy FT for it, for £5 - which nearly always sold out anyway. So for less than £6 a shot, you get a smaller que and a better experience because they don't have a massive line to clear. Who knows, hopefully a bigger budget too. My reckoning anyway.

I don't actually think its overpriced. Regardless of the accountants POV.

I still think they are over priced but they are certainly some of the best scare mazes in Europe (not just the UK).

It's no secret this forum bums EuropaPark but their mazes don't come close to the quality of Towers (though their overall event is far better).

Just a thought...

During Scarefest, they re-name the hotels (ATH = The Witches Haunt Inn & SLH = Patches Pumpkin Pad) and theme them to Halloween, do you think Alton has anything planned for the Enchanted Village? I hope so... It would look amazing to see the village all decorated for Halloween, maybe even pay homage to a very famous scare attraction that once resided on that field...

I really hope they do!

I reckon they will call it Gloomy Wood or Dark Forrest.. oh one min, they have already used those. Well it is the Merlin way. Dark and Gloomy Woody Forest Village it is.

Just a thought...

During Scarefest, they re-name the hotels (ATH = The Witches Haunt Inn & SLH = Patches Pumpkin Pad) and theme them to Halloween, do you think Alton has anything planned for the Enchanted Village? I hope so... It would look amazing to see the village all decorated for Halloween, maybe even pay homage to a very famous scare attraction that once resided on that field...

I really hope they do!

Probably nothing at all. Those kind of quirky details are from days gone by. It would require far too much effort on their part to think up a new name and have a new sign made. :p

Anyone notice that the blueprints are those of The Towers? Does this suggest that Sub Species will most likely be on a lower level of The Towers?

I am convinced that Operation Lockdown will be hosted in parts of The End Games, so there is probably also a strong chance the 3rd maze, Sub Species: The End Games, could be located in there.

Anyone notice that the blueprints are those of The Towers? Does this suggest that Sub Species will most likely be on a lower level of The Towers?

I am convinced that Operation Lockdown will be hosted in parts of The End Games, so there is probably also a strong chance the 3rd maze, Sub Species: The End Games, could be located in there.
I think you've hit the nail on the head here, all signs point to The Towers.

Completely random question, but I've herd that if they see a child (12/13) then they will tone down the scares. Although i really am 15, i look a bit younger (12ish). Is it likely to be less intense if i go in, or will that only be if i look like in not enjoying it?

Well last year in scary tales the granny scared a girl in the little hut thing and she started crying so i doubt they do.
They wont in mazes as There is an age limit of 12+ i think :)

I have seen them let very young kids in to TotT in the past, and they were in my batch. We had a rubbish run through with almost no scares.