• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2015

I know not all 15 and up have ID, but most people have a passport or some student ID. It's just a suggestion of how I think it should be regulated, just like a cinema

They could check your ID when you collect your ticket and give you a wristband to show you've had your age checked. Or a refund if you're too young.

The divide... Which way will you go...
68F736AC-5AFE-403F-A65D-9B61935BE939_zpsyiyfvb1g.jpg

Some photos from around the park
The speakers are still outside the new construction, which seems a bit odd But if you notice it looks like there is dividing wall that goes between the two speakers.
P1190168.JPG

Not much going on inside the first oustide section apart from black walls.
P1190171.JPG

But there was some construction happening in the circle of containers.
P1190173.JPG

I wonder what the wire mesh is for?
P1190174.JPG

I am still not sure where molly crow is going to go But string lighting posts have been put up on the way to the Tea House. I wandered down to look and peaked through the window. Not much happening in there. Maybe molly will be in the towers then.
P1190184.JPG

SO I wandered to The old Zombie scare zone to see if anything was afoot there. The answer is no. Nothing has changed at all.
P1190185.JPG

There was though work going on in Her Ladyships Garden.
P1190189.JPG

Zoomed out you can see what they are doing:
P1190187.JPG

What's the best time of day to do the mazes? I'd like to do the rides in the dark and probably the scarezones at this time too. Will be looking to do all three mazes.

Also, what are the queues normally like for the mazes?

What's the best time of day to do the mazes? I'd like to do the rides in the dark and probably the scarezones at this time too. Will be looking to do all three mazes.

Also, what are the queues normally like for the mazes?
I've never done the mazes and I'm not this year either, but they are thpically quieter in the afternoon than the evening due to the perception that they're better at night... Well the reality is that the light inside the mazes is no different in the day to how it is in the evening. Probably best for you to do the mazes in the day and have the night to do the rides/scare zones.

As for queues, I'm not too sure. :)

So about 2ish then..

Ok thanks for the advice, I was wondering why being blindfolded would be better in the dark.

I've done mazes in the night and day. There's no difference inside the mazes of course. The only difference you get really is queuing atmosphere, in the day it does feel a bit dull and lifeless, but in the dark it feels more exciting. But I guess that depends on whether the queuing experience bothers you *that* much.

Like with The Sanctuary I found the conservatory far more atmospheric at night than in the day.

Love queueing in her ladyships gardens in the night, especially when they had the flickering lights, the red bulbs on the water fountain and the music. Atmosphere definitely better than in the daytime.

The only issue I have found at night is you often queue longer and the mazes can sometimes be rushed a little more if they are busy. However since removing the free maze they haven't had this problem so much.

Also first thing in the day the actors had only just started so may need a little time to work out what work best in terms of scares.