• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2018

Am I the only one that was disappointed with the scarefest this year?

Same old, same old :rolleyes:

No scare zones that added atmosphere to the park. Something that I felt let the scarefest down a lot this year, is the lack of atmosphere.

I thought project 42 seemed very short, just a tour around the old abandon N-ST. Bottom of my list (from what I could see, it looks like everything of the old ride is still in situ).

Oh dear - going up this weekend and from what ive been reading on the various forums, reception has not been great this year. Plus, I believe its traveller weekend this weekend coming, oh ruddy great :(

Oh dear - going up this weekend and from what ive been reading on the various forums, reception has not been great this year. Plus, I believe its traveller weekend this weekend coming, oh ruddy great :(
Can someone explain the whole traveller weekend thing?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It is a weekend where a large group of the travelling community arrives for a 2 day of fun at Alton.
This puts even more load on to AT infrastructure. And the community has differences in how they conduct themselves. Which can make people outside their community uneasy.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

In a nutshell .....

fights
queuejumping
bad manners
more security around the park
things being pinched or damaged/vandalised
bad atmosphere
bad taste in clothing
Ah ok i figured it might be something along those lines no pun intended

All the above plus

Heightened security
Visible Police presence
Lot of tanned flesh on show
Trashy bling/clothing
No alcohol
Congregation outside the towers after dark
Polystyrene balls everywhere (from stolen ripped giant soft toys from the game stalls)
The staff glue everything down

in a nutshell, it will be a fun day.

....and with any luck those pod shed thingy sitting outside the towers will go missing too o_O

Hi, is it definitely this weekend then? Is that Sat/Sun or Fri/Sat?

I have tickets for Saturday, but am now tempted to change if this is the case. I experienced it at Thorpe Park once and left half way through the day it was that bad.

I have tickets for Saturday, but am now tempted to change if this is the case. I experienced it at Thorpe Park once and left half way through the day it was that bad.
I was unfortunate enough to be there on the traveller weekend last year and to be honest, it wasn't too bad. From what I could see everyone was behaving themselves. Except for the obligatory ripping open of the soft toys spilling the polystyrene balls everywhere.

I still cannot understand why - in the middle of October - someone would go to a theme park looking like a Fruit Salad chew (pink tracksuit, orange fake tan) wearing stiletto heals and hoop earrings so big that a dolphin could dive through them at Seaworld.

Rumour has it, it will be this Sunday coming (usually Sunday, except for the time they turned up unexpectedly a couple of years ago on a Friday)

You should be safe for Saturday. A few may turn up, on the Saturday, but nothing to worry about, but it will be Sunday that will be the main one to watch for

Thanks.

Yeah just wondered as I noticed on AT website that pretty much all the fast passes for Saturday are sold out, as well as all the mazes so made me wonder that was all.

I strongly recommencement that you purchase fast track or scarefest tickets now before they all sell out, saying that, on Saturday night just gone, I wanted to ride Wickerman for my last ride, queue time was saying 90 minutes wait, so I thought that I use one of my priority pass's that I've accumulated over the years. I entered the fast track queue and people were leaving it saying that they been waiting 30 + minutes and that the fast track queue line was also 90 minutes waiting time :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

For me it was a no brainier which queue line to enter saving my priority pass for another day :)

Am I the only one that was disappointed with the scarefest this year?

Same old, same old :rolleyes:

No scare zones that added atmosphere to the park. Something that I felt let the scarefest down a lot this year, is the lack of atmosphere.

I thought project 42 seemed very short, just a tour around the old abandon N-ST. Bottom of my list (from what I could see, it looks like everything of the old ride is still in situ).
So I’m not the only one who was disappointed with P42
And I do agree it just doesn’t seem very scarefesty for some reason on Park.

And another point Jess needs more lights , where are all her lights. :p

Rmour is it will be Sunday, but some will probably turn up on Saturday as well so expect the metal detectors etc at the entrances. I did Scarefest a few years ago when it was traveller weekend and they had security following groups through - we had to wait to be batched in our own group and let the "others" go through with their security detail. I think the actors in the mazes also restrict their scares and grabbing for fear of getting a punch in the face.

Sometimes doing a maze with a bunch of them acting all hard outside in the q line then turning into jibbering wrecks inside is so funny to watch :D

The housekeeping in that bin store area is shocking!
Maybe staff had been bringing in their rubbish from home to use Towers bins... They have had lawn mowers, fridges & even a comfi-chair dumped in their bin store areas / skips in the past!

I've been to Fright Nights many a time on traveller weekend. I feel sorry for the actors and security staff.

I wouldn't let if put you off going, just treat it like a normal visit and enjoy yourself. They tend to congregate in big groups and keep to themselves so you can easily avoid them.

I nearly got batched with a group of them on a maze once, asked the staff member if I could wait for the next one and they were fine with it.

So I’m not the only one who was disappointed with P42
And I do agree it just doesn’t seem very scarefesty for some reason on Park.

I just felt that I wasted good money on a naff behind the scene tour of N-ST, the maze towards the end was simple N-ST old maze, it was all over in the blink of the eye, I came out thinking is that it? Nothing special.

I think my local scare events are putting on better events on smaller budget with more scares and better atmosphere.

And another point Jess needs more lights , where are all her lights. :p

You mean to say that you saw us and didn't have the curtsy to come over to say hi! :p

We were at another event on Saturday, we left earlier than expected and made our way to Alton, got checked in and I made a last minute decision to venture on the park for the evening. We had the spider lights packed, but for quickness we left them off. Jess felt having the lights off the chair attracted less attention, so we left them off for the Sunday too.