• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2018

HHN mazes seem awful. They focus on the wrong things. It’s full of beautiful scenery but they just let everyone in at once so it’s not as intimate and there is no tension built up.

It’s just scare after scare which becomes uninteresting and predictable.
They're very hit and miss tbf.

If you're lucky with the timings you get all the big scares but mostly it's more of s film set tour than scare experience.

But then if it's quiet you can go through pretty much on your own and they're increidble.

This is purely just speculation but i reckon that project 42 could possibly link to galactica.
That would be galatic lol

What I think there going to do is make a special new cgi for the headsets like flying through a grave yard on a distant planet or a dead world

What would blow my mind is if thay created nemesis's own world that would be so epic it would put a whole new spin on forbidden valley

Last edited by a moderator:
Could the roaming pirate thing in mutiny bay mean we get "a" pirate show? (Either on the old stage before 5pm, or somewhere else in mutiny bay)
What do you think?

The total cost of doing all these mazes is a joke.

A few years ago we had a free maze, they realised they could charge and now it's effectively doubling your park entry fee.

Scarefest is nothing short of the biggest ripoff in Alton Towers' annual calendar.

If project 42 is ‘underground’ then it’s a fairly safe bet it will utilise the lift. So unless they e actually ripped out the drop towers, does that lift not then open directly into the drop tower room? Sounds to me like it’s going to be a ride.

To use the drop towers they will need to impose a minimum height restriction of 1.4m. If there's no height restriction then it means no drop towers.

If you're 15 years old you're 1.4m though.

Sub-Terra's 1.4m restriction was based from the 12A age rating due to the scary nature of the attraction, other drop towers that use the exact same restraints have much lower height restrictions.

@MakoMania, an age restriction would not comply with a manufacturer's minimum height restriction. It's not enough to say 'a person of this age would be tall enough', because there'll always be somebody who isn't.