• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2018

Out of interest, does anyone know what sort of Fastrack allocation the major rides have? I'd personally guess about 10-20% of the hourly throughput, but I'm not too sure.

Far more.

I would estimate anything between 20 and 30% is Fastrack, plus around 10 to 15% is RAP (disabled). I would think that on a busier day, around 45% of some rides' hourly capacity is for Fastrack/RAP.

The problem we have is that only 1 of Alton Towers' rollercoasters currently gets over 1000pph consistently.

Smiler was 50% RAP & fastrack on Sunday afternoon. I'm fairly confident that figure has gone higher during fireworks.

There is an issue this season with the fact that rides like Rita get less throughput (significantly) than Nemesis and Oblivion - yet the fastrack allocation seems to be the same.

Smiler doesn't cope with Fastrack well either. Wicker Man is fine because they haven't included it this year. I worry for next year.

I think there's a further issue this year - as there are no one-shots for Wicker Man and it's excluded from the bronze and silver packages, gold suddenly seems a much better deal than it used to. Previously silver has been enough for most people as many of the rides on gold have short queues or just aren't that appealing but now with 3 extra coasters (& rapids) compared with silver the extra £20 now seems worth it. The problem is some of the rides on gold are relatively low capacity - RMT and Spinball in particular, but this may also have contributed to the mammoth queues rapids has been getting this year.

TBH they could probably charge platinum prices for the gold tier and sell almost as many. People will pay literally anything to skip queues and Towers/Merlin should set prices accordingly. If wicker man gets added to silver then £25/50/75/125 would be my starting price point for bronze/silver/gold/platinum next year, with the Rita & Thirteen one shots increased to £8.

Far more.

I would estimate anything between 20 and 30% is Fastrack, plus around 10 to 15% is RAP (disabled). I would think that on a busier day, around 45% of some rides' hourly capacity is for Fastrack/RAP.

The problem we have is that only 1 of Alton Towers' rollercoasters currently gets over 1000pph consistently.
Ah right. Thanks guys!

Out of interest, would the ride that consistently gets over 1000pph be either Nemesis or Oblivion?

I think they should introduce flexible pricing for fastrack like Universal do with Express pass.

Charge more on peak days such as Scarefest and Fireworks. Reduce the allocation on these days but still make the same amount of money. Queues move quicker for everyone, they seem to sell well at the moment so there must be scope to up the price.

Straying off topic I realise but how can RAP be 15% when the percentage of the UK population with disabilities (physical or otherwise) is about 15%, but most of those are far beyond the age for large rollercoasters at a theme park to be appealing? 70% of the 15% of people with disabilities are aged over 50.

The answer; pretty much anybody can get an RAP, you just have to BS. The system is of course entirely appropriate for some people, and it is right that they shouldn't be made to queue, but it needs policing properly.

The problem is that people just need to turn up with a Dr, letter saying that they can't queue. Anyone can produce a fake Dr letter on the computer these days. Not only does it make it unfair for the non disable, but it really has a negative effect on those that are in real need of using the disable facilities.

I can't find the link now but I saw on TTF that it mentions the Freaky Funk Squad as the hotel entertainment!

I'm glad to see them making use of the Freaky 5 outside of the park but There doesn't seem to be any mention of Sir Algernon :(

When is traveller day this year? Normally second weekend so the 14th???
No matter what day I choose for Scarefest, it is always traveller day. Have to admit, last year while there was the traditional ripping open of the toys spilling polystyrene balls everywhere (must be a ritual for the teenage lads to show how much of a man they are to the "let's see how much we can look like a fruit salad chewy sweet" girls - reference to their fake orange tan and pink tracksuits), I don't remember it being too bad.

When is traveller day this year? Normally second weekend so the 14th???
Oh god. Please don't be that weekend. We have booked a short break for that weekend, which after our last visit, we are a bit unsure as to wether we will actually go ahead with it or just cancel. The prospect of those days also being the "traveller days" might just have put the nail in the Scarefest coffin... :(

Even if they tell you, there's no guarantees it's right anyway. From what I've read on here the travellers seem to have been a bit more random in the last few years and ignored the date that ATR set aside for them.

exactly im the same. ive always wanted to do a scareroom and there is definetly an audience for scarerooms. check out andrew georgiades he done a few videos of previous scarerooms.

I did every scare room they have ever done apart from the stay in the Towers.
Scarefest to me was all about the anticipation of the scare rooms. They definitely need to bring them back.

I did every scare room they have ever done apart from the stay in the Towers.
Scarefest to me was all about the anticipation of the scare rooms. They definitely need to bring them back.
Finally somone who agrees. I would loved to have seen scare rooms make a return this year and i did even believe it was gonna happen at one point. Love your vids though

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Straying off topic I realise but how can RAP be 15% when the percentage of the UK population with disabilities (physical or otherwise) is about 15%, but most of those are far beyond the age for large rollercoasters at a theme park to be appealing? 70% of the 15% of people with disabilities are aged over 50.

The answer; pretty much anybody can get an RAP, you just have to BS. The system is of course entirely appropriate for some people, and it is right that they shouldn't be made to queue, but it needs policing properly.

Agreed. Also I fail to see why RAP are always designated the back row on Nemesis. Can't even remember the last time I got to ride on the actual back row. Nowadays row 7 is the GP back row and row 8 is exclusively RAP.

Agreed. Also I fail to see why RAP are always designated the back row on Nemesis. Can't even remember the last time I got to ride on the actual back row. Nowadays row 7 is the GP back row and row 8 is exclusively RAP.

RAP is back row as it is closest to the ground in the case of a lift hill evac.