• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Scarefest 2018

The issue is that once the mazes begin to surpass the 3 year mark in the best case scenario, they start to feel stale as very little is done to them. Mine Tours has perhaps the best concept of the current maze line up yet I suspect I'll find it the worst of the three (excluding Welcoming) this weekend.

That was TotT's biggest downfall in that nothing was really done to alter it in the grand scheme of things. A hefty chunk of new layout yet it still felt the same uneventful walk through as it had done from previous years.

Towers have and can easily demonstrate their ability to craft some great scare mazes, the only issue is that they tend to outstay their welcome. The Sanctuary is the only maze I've done which felt like it fulfilled a sufficient time span before having the plug pulled.

To be fair, ToTT aside, a 3-4 year lifespan has been pretty standard. We've also had a new maze every year since 2015 and several of the new ones have been in addition to existing ones rather than replacements, so there's now 5 mazes rather than 3 as was the case most years from 2008-2015.

If ToTT had been replaced by Welcoming and Sub Species/Mine Tours by Project 42 then the turnover would have been much greater, but the event not necessarily any better. Scare zones have gone this year, but do the extra mazes make for a better event?

Thanks for the reply, was this ever allowed for Scarefest? I seem to remember years ago a late entry policy for the fireworks?

Be interesting to know when the change occurred.

They did used to offer this for Scarefest, after 4pm tickets were available for the first week. But they changed the dates to being a mix of weekends and then half term and removed this option at the same time.

The also had after 4pm tickets for the Friday fireworks but that date was scrapped from 2016 onwards.

Sorry about posting this again but I really want to know before I prebook the mazes!
What, would you say, would be better for my first ever go on The Welcoming...

Go in, in the daytime (but as a result, have a reasonable group size),
Or...
Go in at night and have it be overcrowded (and potentially miss stuff)?

Also, is there anything in P42's outdoor section that would be ruined by going through during the day?

Good god it look dire.

Why show exit reactions of people just slowly wandering out?
Because "Look its that bunch off the telly I definitely wanna go now!!!" shlock advertising which I never think is as appealing as they think it is. Just looks like a random bunch of people and rubbish GoPro footage instead of giving a flavour of the actual maze.

I've not done it yet but the drop towers have not been removed.

:)

Thanks.

I’m still holding out hope that the ride is going to be back next season then. One of my favourites, even though I know that’s an unpopular opinion. I honestly don’t think it would take much to make that an excellent ride.

The Nemesis egg was still in there, from what I could make out, yes the ride is still in situ

You walk around the room as part of the maze, there was a member of staff (non scare actor) watching over you as you walked through that part.

The Nemesis egg was still in there, from what I could make out, yes the ride is still in situ

You walk around the room as part of the maze, there was a member of staff (non scare actor) watching over you as you walked through that part.

Lmao was it a "don't mind me" moment?

Hi, I have anxiety and I'm going to Scarefest tomorrow. I love rollercoasters, and I'm going tomorrow to do rides such as Smiler and Wicker Man in the dark. However, I can't handle scare attractions or actors at all. Would anyone be kind enough to let me know where there are scare actors, so I can avoid those areas, what other things are going on that I might want to avoid, and what the non-scare actors are like (I heard something about actors near Galactica, which I'm planning on riding? Sorry :/

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Most of the scare actors are inside the scare mazes.

You might see the flash mob and a few wondering around in what looks like a golf buggy, but you more likely to bump into general guest dressed up in Halloween outfits as appose to the Alton Towers Ents, but there is nothing much to worry about, if you spot them, just either walk the other way or walk pass them wide.

If you think the scare actors are scary, you ought to see my mother-in-law o_O